Unnamed1

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Peel Chunder
May I refer readers to a humorous little piece written by the smart-alecs over at www.thewhitemaggot.com

Source: http://thewhitemaggot.com/2011/07/19/barry-hall-vows-to-go-out-swinging/

Veteran Western Bulldogs full forward Barry Hall has vowed to “go out swinging” as his celebrated career comes to a close during the final rounds of the 2011 season.

“No one will be spared” Hall said as he was flanked by ‘skills coaches’ Jeff Fenech and Joe Bugner. “Even my own teammates… if Callum Ward doesn’t hit me lace-out, that money-hungry f*ck is going down.”

Concerned for prospective opponents’ wellbeing after Hall concluded his press conference with a weigh-in, the AFL is believed to have commenced negotiations with Hall’s management in a bid to contain the potential carnage.

The White Maggot understands the AFL, keen to honour Hall’s status as the league’s best left hook, has proposed sanctioning the half-time breaks of the Bulldogs’ round 21 and 24 matches against Essendon and Fremantle as exhibition bouts for the purposes of Victoria’s Professional Boxing and Combat Sports Act.

“This will allow Barry to legally kick the sh!t out of Kyle Reimers and Hayden Ballantyne” an AFL-insider said. “It’s what the public wants.”

Mods: I can't remember what our linking policy is, so if you feel the need to remove the text from this post, then so be it.

Barry Hall will not be hitting anyone on purpose in the closing weeks to this season, he would not disgrace himself after saying what his stint at the bulldogs meant to him, how stupid is all this, I think we, at the dogs know better. :D

Barry Hall will not be hitting anyone on purpose in the closing weeks to this season, he would not disgrace himself after saying what his stint at the bulldogs meant to him, how stupid is all this, I think we, at the dogs know better. :D
Umm, didn't you get the joke?

Whoosh.....that's the sound of the opening article going over your head.:rolleyes:

Great stuff from TWM, loved every minute of it. Spot on with Reimers and Ballantyne.

If we're out of finals calculations by the last round, I think Bazza would get a spontaneous standing ovation if he cleaned up Ballantyne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry Hall to go out swinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Back