Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll start off by saying, that if he is leaving, l don't like it.
Doesn't send a good message to his daughter about loyalty & greed for the almighty $$$.
Must be staying, surely.
Why on earth would he want to do it if he was staying?
Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Doesn't send a good message to his daughter about loyalty & greed for the almighty $$$.
Must be staying, surely.

It makes no sense as a “send off” if he hasn’t announced he’s leaving.

You don’t clap a player and chair him off in the last round unless he’s already announced his retirement.

If I was Ross Lyon, I'd drop him for that request. Rather get another game into Ari / McLennan etc than a guy who's checked out.

"Hey Josh, wanna run thru the Saints banner with your kid - then sign the deal and do it for your 150th, 200th & 250th."

Why on earth would he want to do it if he was staying?
Makes absolutely no sense at all.
Why not? I ask the wife to prepare a banner for me to run through when I get home from work!

On occasion, when I 've been feeling particularly toey, I've had her prepare a banner for me to run through into the bedroom!! Although that's not the same when there's no crowd cheering.....

From the outside it looks like getting photos for the memorabilia to hang up in his pool room at the end of his career and that was to wrap up the St Kilda chapter.

Of course that observation could be completely off tap but if he was staying why not announce it before the last game of the season? If he's going then so be it but there is a way to leave and our supporters have given him a ton of support over the years.

Given he's not said what he's doing then this is the speculation stage you get to. Seems a very odd request.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strange request. Has to be gone like we have thought all along, but there is obviously some serious haggling going on between the clubs and his manager. I hope Josh has enough respect to not leave the club with its hands tied behind its back, while he trots around with his daughter laughing at us
Seems to me he is taking the p155 out of us

I have been watching him singing the song with his kid/s after wins, and I think perhaps he is trying to emphasise that he is doing whatever it is that he is doing for his family. It has a 'want to stay, but can't pass up this huge offer' type vibe.
Man you have one wild imagination going on , can you give me the tattslotto numbers for Saturday night while you're at it

Must be staying, surely.
So his daughter understands what's going on LOL

Wtf am I reading.

Josh has been a great player for our club, and he's obviously very proud to have played for us and is torn about leaving. If this is the last time he runs out for us who cares if he wants his daughter to be with him. I'm disappointed the AFL said no.

Too much negativity and vitriol around players, they're just people at the end of the day. They get treated like robots on here. The club has to build a good culture regardless if players come or go - its a professional environment and that's just what happens.

If I was Ross Lyon, I'd drop him for that request. Rather get another game into Ari / McLennan etc than a guy who's checked out.

"Hey Josh, wanna run thru the Saints banner with your kid - then sign the deal and do it for your 150th, 200th & 250th."
Don't be so naïve. He'd be in constant communication with the club and his management about. He and the club would both understand that the likely scenario if Hawthorn offer him enough for Band 1 is that we most likely wont and he will be free to leave and allow us to receive fair compensation. I'm sure he doesn't want to leave and we don't want to lose him but the money and term is hard for him to pass up and it's also hard for us to match, especially with the compensation that would help us fix other areas of higher need (midfield).

He's been a great servant and a very good player for us for the last 3-4 years now. It's just business and in my eyes he will always be a saint regardless.

If you’re in the camp of wanting first round compo this seems a very good omen.
It says:
1. He’s leaving
2. His relationship with the saints remains strong if he’s happy enough to ask that question. Which would suggest all involved know the saints will get Band 1.

Surely if he left and we got band 2, we’d not be happy to see him leave and would be insulted that he’d ask for a send off.

Wtf am I reading.

Josh has been a great player for our club, and he's obviously very proud to have played for us and is torn about leaving. If this is the last time he runs out for us who cares if he wants his daughter to be with him. I'm disappointed the AFL said no.

Too much negativity and vitriol around players, they're just people at the end of the day. They get treated like robots on here. The club has to build a good culture regardless if players come or go - its a professional environment and that's just what happens.
Getting a bit carried away with the use of 'great' here.

He is a good player who is making the choice to play for a club down the road. Good for him. It's a business decision but he doesn't warrant or deserve anything special for leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back