Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I hope they're doing due diligence and ensuring that we're getting band 1 compo. If we end up with band 2 then this would be an unmitigated disaster. Lose a quality player just about to hit his prime to another team looking to contend around the same time as us. Gotta either ensure band 1 or match Hawthorn's offer

Actually only a win if we nail the pick. Brendan Goddard was a good idea until we blew the compensation

This is being missed I think.

It's a hugely important point.

If the club has in any way, at any time, pushed for battle to leave (yes I know we've had a contract in front of him for a while) they're fools.

I would have hoped we'd do what we could to get him to stay all through the process.

While true, Battle will only be good to the Hawks if he dies not get injured.
And Battle at the end of the day will not make a huge difference to us UNLESS we build a better midfield.

In the meantime Band 1 we get good vale for him. Less than that and we do not.

Band one gives us two good cracks at improving our midfield over one. No Band one, and we only get one good crack, and then have to resort to Hail Mary's from our late picks.

It looks like the best mids might all be gone by our picks. Do we take players rated later just to have mids? We may get end up with all talls . I guess a key forward allows us to trade King next year.

Goneski. If he's leaving then he's leaving, his decision to make, we put him there by signing him to a deal that made him an unrestricted free agent, but if he wants to take his daughter through the banner just because he's leaving but can't announce he's leaving, it doesn't really feel right.

A club just down the road that he barracked for before being drafted to St Kilda. Any footballers dream one would think.

VAMMlC2.gif

hope it is a good sign that it has turned out the way he wants it,hawks have upped the offer to get us band 1,if they are linking battle and barrass then they just have to get it done and like us they have the cap space

neal bullen was given a send off on the dees banner last night,no trade has been done,but there is good will,im assuming its a similar situation between battle and saints

was reported just this week-https://www.afl.com.au/news/1202642/st-kilda-saints-unsure-on-defender-josh-battles-future-as-beefed-up-offer-looms,so maybe hawks have got ahead of that & just made the offer to get us that band 1,or far less likely that offer has him staying,anyway im not going to have ulcers about losing him for band 2

this request seems a positive for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where the club needs to have a bit of mongrel and tell him "given you're leaving us you can get f**ked"

No more nice St Kilda.
I wonder what they would have said, had the AFL not put the kibosh on it.
I can’t see RTB being the sentimental type.

Geez I hope they're doing due diligence and ensuring that we're getting band 1 compo. If we end up with band 2 then this would be an unmitigated disaster. Lose a quality player just about to hit his prime to another team looking to contend around the same time as us. Gotta either ensure band 1 or match Hawthorn's offer

We can’t match …. This has been spoken about repeatedly

He’s an unrestricted free agent . If he wants to go we can’t do anything

A club just down the road that he barracked for before being drafted to St Kilda. Any footballers dream one would think.
Think your being a bit emotional here , how many players play for the club that they barracked for as a kid ? Bugger all I'm guessing

Could there be some late pick swapping between us and the Hawks , to get us to Band 1 compensation ?
That could be easily justified to the AFL , given we have NGAs and a possible father-son ?
I thought the AFL put a stop to this practice

Goneski. If he's leaving then he's leaving, his decision to make, we put him there by signing him to a deal that made him an unrestricted free agent, but if he wants to take his daughter through the banner just because he's leaving but can't announce he's leaving, it doesn't really feel right.
I have said nothing about wanting him to stay or leave as its his choice but this banner BS p1sses me off , he is obviously not staying yet the self entitled pr1ck wants to take his daughter through the banner ,,,, Why ?

hope it is a good sign that it has turned out the way he wants it,hawks have upped the offer to get us band 1,if they are linking battle and barrass then they just have to get it done and like us they have the cap space

neal bullen was given a send off on the dees banner last night,no trade has been done,but there is good will,im assuming its a similar situation between battle and saints

was reported just this week-https://www.afl.com.au/news/1202642/st-kilda-saints-unsure-on-defender-josh-battles-future-as-beefed-up-offer-looms,so maybe hawks have got ahead of that & just made the offer to get us that band 1,or far less likely that offer has him staying,anyway im not going to have ulcers about losing him for band 2

this request seems a positive for me
Bullen is going back to SA for family reasons we know nothing about , not even close to Josh wanting to move up the road , I have no idea how you thought this is even similar circumstances

Last edited:
I have said nothing about wanting him to stay or leave as its his choice but this banner BS p1sses me off , he is obviously not staying yet the self entitled pr1ck wants to take his daughter through the banner
It really makes me question his decision-making ability.
Surely no one in their right mind could possibly think this was a reasonable request given the circumstances that he has chosen to leave the club.
Or is he just that figjam that he doesn’t care?

I wonder what they would have said, had the AFL not put the kibosh on it.
I can’t see RTB being the sentimental type.
It's possible AFL is being the bad guy on our behalf. Makes us look less petty that it's the big bad AFL House saying no.

It really makes me question his decision-making ability.
Surely no one in their right mind could possibly think this was a reasonable request given the circumstances that he has chosen to leave the club.
Or is he just that figjam that he doesn’t care?
Yeah , it sure is weird
I'm not going to lose sleep over it though, you could say it creates opportunity

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back