Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullen is going back to SA for family reasons we know nothing about , not even close to Josh wanting to move up the road , I have no idea how you thought this is even similar circumstances
i know hes an ufa and anb is a different case,the similarity is in the good will,if he is asking to take his daughter through the banner there is good will,cant see him doing that if he is leaving the saints to get stuck with band 2

I agree. It is a shame. Nothing at all against him, in fact really like him, but he’s going - it’s his choice. I still think it’s a weird request.
Huge problem with the restricted free agents , teams will go out and offer over the top contracts - great for the player but for a club it can severely hurt the club if they don't deliver the goods.
That CHB the Bombers got is a fine example - they are now stuck with a over rated player who they have to pay over a million a yr for the next 5 yrs.

I rate Battle better than McKay , but giving good players way over the top money will kill the club when we will need to use that money to keep the young A grade players we have like Nas , Phillipou , Wilson , Owens , Windhager.

If he does leave we are losing a very good player but the first round draft pick we get could well be used to secure a player we need , like a LDU.

i know hes an ufa and anb is a different case,the similarity is in the good will,if he is asking to take his daughter through the banner there is good will,cant see him doing that if he is leaving the saints to get stuck with band 2
If he goes it's money and contract size , they have to make the most of there career , because it can be over in a flash if injuries occur.

Unfortunately for us we had those picks in possibly the worst draft of the last 20 years.

Trout had NFI. Most other recruiters saw him coming. They traded out of shit drafts and into good ones. Recruiting staff are a network and we moved a guy from outside in. They didn’t let him in.

May I suggest that Battle holds off on the banner run through until Round 1, 2025.

- If he stays his banner run through with his daughter is to read "Strength Through Loyalty"

- If he goes his banner run through with his daughter is to read "Sorry Saints, the $ Trumped My Values & Loyalty"

May I suggest that Battle holds off on the banner run through until Round 1, 2025.

- If he stays his banner run through with his daughter is to read "Strength Through Loyalty"

- If he goes his banner run through with his daughter is to read "Sorry Saints, the $ Trumped My Values & Loyalty"
Maybe it could read

Good clubs don’t lose good players, incompetent list managers. Welcome Dylan Sheil

Enough is enough… Here’s the the plan.

1) Smash Carlton today by close to but not quite the 150 point margin that would get Collingwood into the 8.
2) Shop Battle to the Pies and every other club. Secure band 1 compensation.
3) When hosting your Christmas gathering this year make sure that you have the last quarters of our wins against Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Geelong ready to go for when extended family of that persuasion walks through the door…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elshaug became "Recruiting Manager" in 2010, after previously being an assistant coach, then leaving for personal reasons.
Bains was "General Manager , Player list and Legal " until 2014, when Elshaug became "Recruiting and List Manager".

And yeah, the 2012 draft when Goddard left really sucked by the time it got to our original draft pick.

Elshaug became "Recruiting Manager" in 2010, after previously being an assistant coach, then leaving for personal reasons.
Bains was "General Manager , Player list and Legal " until 2014, when Elshaug became "Recruiting and List Manager".

And yeah, the 2012 draft when Goddard left really sucked by the time it got to our original draft pick.
It could've worked out brilliantly for us if we'd read the tea leaves successfully and picked up Grundy instead of Lee or Hickey.

It was a very average draft but overall we've done as well as anyone out of it - we scooped up Membrey and Mase from other clubs and got a little service out of Kent, Pierce and Wright.

It could've worked out brilliantly for us if we'd read the tea leaves successfully and picked up Grundy instead of Lee or Hickey.

It was a very average draft but overall we've done as well as anyone out of it - we scooped up Membrey and Mase from other clubs and got a little service out of Kent, Pierce and Wright.

Yeah combine the actual draft with the guy we had choosing who to draft, and it was a really really crappy time to lose Goddard.
The year later was a good draft , we traded McEvoy and missed:
Darcy Gardner
Matt Crouch
Daniel McStay
Zach Merrett
George Hewett
Toby Nankurvis.

Why on earth did they think Billy Longer was worth anything.

What did he say?
Nothing actually. Got up and hightailed it out there with a grin. Something about wondering whether the question would be asked again…and then completely avoided answering it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back