Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I don’t blame any player from any club leaving and going to another club if they are going to be paid top dollar. Most players only play until mid thirties if that and very few have anything to fall back on once their careers have finished. So I think they should take every cent they can get . Look how many players x footballers are cooked by the time they finish because of knee injuries or what ever. Make the most of it why you can I say . As much as I love the Saints , if I was playing for them and another club offered a new deal worth hundreds of thousands more and over a longer period then I would take it if the Saints said they couldn’t match it .

I really don’t no what to believe, I’ve heard from his friends of his parents that he is staying, u would think if true he would of signed by now
So Battles parents told their friends he is staying and then they tell their friends and so on and so on , Sorry i doubt it .

I'm guessing there are bugger all people who know the truth

Went and watched Hawthorn vs Norf on the weekend. As strong a performance as I have seen all year, expected a low scoring game in slippery, wet conditions and saw a team with elite skills and class finishing. They may win the premiership.

They don't need Josh Battle, they need to be paying players like Newcombe, Weedle, Macdonald etc what they are worth.

I am guessing he is staying now.

He's definitely gone. It just comes down to the compo. If we get pick 8 for him it's a great move. If it's pick 20 it's going to sting.

I guess we'll probably throw some more coin at him but the feeling is he wants out.

Our 2nd half form was the worst possible scenario for Battle, probably committed to the Hawks while they were rising and our form was terrible, game style change and more wins has made life difficult, we are starting to look more attractive then when he spoke to Mitchell.

To be honest I don’t blame any player from any club leaving and going to another club if they are going to be paid top dollar. Most players only play until mid thirties if that and very few have anything to fall back on once their careers have finished. So I think they should take every cent they can get . Look how many players x footballers are cooked by the time they finish because of knee injuries or what ever. Make the most of it why you can I say . As much as I love the Saints , if I was playing for them and another club offered a new deal worth hundreds of thousands more and over a longer period then I would take it if the Saints said they couldn’t match it .
Completely agree BT.

Many, many players struggle post footy unless they can set themselves up financially whilst still playing - or get cushy media gigs.

I'm all for athletes of any stripe chasing the big payday while they still can.
Loyalty is a supporter and fan base concept.

I acknowledge there are players that don't agree with my sentiments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle has requested that he runs through the banner with his daughter for Round 24. What does this mean? Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back