Bay 13 Poms cheated thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bay 13 Ashes thread

Really, how did he swing into the Sth Africans recently.
I guess Akram couldn't swing it either with his action. His action must scramble the seam. :rolleyes:

You actually think you are watching the seam from your spot in the outer at the MCG or from your armchair :rolleyes:

Yeah he did swing it in S.A. however that has been the exception not the rule.

Its not the sling of the action its the round arm delivery of MJ that means he has trouble getting it to swing.

Whats worse?

a) People that go out of their way to watch and follow cricket

b) People whos lives are so empty that they actually play cricket on the weekends

:eek::eek:

c) People who profess not to like cricket, but have so little in their lives they post on a cricket thread.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Really, how did he swing into the Sth Africans recently.
I guess Akram couldn't swing it either with his action. His action must scramble the seam. :rolleyes:

You actually think you are watching the seam from your spot in the outer at the MCG or from your armchair :rolleyes:

Akram wasn't a slinger at all brother. He was a straight up and down action, much like Steyn but not as much wrist snap. Waqar was a slinger and his late swing was devestating, which more often than not was into the right handed batsmen as he was a right armer.

Johnson has shown some ability to move it back into the right hander, but as B n G stated, it's the exception rather than the rule.

Also a big chuckle at the slinging action with promotes swing and not seam position. If I sling a Slazenger tennis ball in the backyard, it ain't going to swing. For consistent swing, seam position is paramount. Any bowler will tell you that.

Yeah he did swing it in S.A. however that has been the exception not the rule.

Its not the sling of the action its the round arm delivery of MJ that means he has trouble getting it to swing.
He has been swinging it in Australia against SA too.
Problem with MJ is that he is ver erratic. Some days he is on the spot & moves it around, other days the swing isn't there and he lands it all over the place.
This tour will be interesting for him, I think we will see spells where he gets belted & other spells where he will put the fear into the Poms & bowl accurately & take lots of quick wickets.
He has the action to move it into the right handers but keeping the seam straight will always be hard for him. Some days good some days bad I suspect.

He has been swinging it in Australia against SA too.
Problem with MJ is that he is ver erratic. Some days he is on the spot & moves it around, other days the swing isn't there and he lands it all over the place.
This tour will be interesting for him, I think we will see spells where he gets belted & other spells where he will put the fear into the Poms & bowl accurately & take lots of quick wickets.
He has the action to move it into the right handers but keeping the seam straight will always be hard for him. Some days good some days bad I suspect.

Cant keep the seam up/down because of his action mate... I wish there was a slow mo of his action showing the release of the ball.. his arm at about 30 degrees means that forces are not applied evenly on the ball creating the scrambled seam. its that simple!!

Akram wasn't a slinger at all brother. He was a straight up and down action, much like Steyn but not as much wrist snap. Waqar was a slinger and his late swing was devestating, which more often than not was into the right handed batsmen as he was a right armer.

Johnson has shown some ability to move it back into the right hander, but as B n G stated, it's the exception rather than the rule.

Also a big chuckle at the slinging action with promotes swing and not seam position. If I sling a Slazenger tennis ball in the backyard, it ain't going to swing. For consistent swing, seam position is paramount. Any bowler will tell you that.
You are right about the bigger sling on waquar but akram certainly is not up and down like steyn. Akram had a bit of a sling so maybe I am exaggerating.
I have not said that seam is not important, the ball won't swing without it being upright. However the sling will not end any hope of swing. if you look at swing bowlers over the generations you will mostly see them with some sling in their action.
The beauty of bowling is that you can do many things regardless of your action. You can't turn MJ's action into Lillee's.
Which seam on the Slazenger should be upright to promote swing brother, the curved seam of the curved seam ?

Cant keep the seam up/down because of his action mate... I wish there was a slow mo of his action showing the release of the ball.. his arm at about 30 degrees means that forces are not applied evenly on the ball creating the scrambled seam. its that simple!!
Right near the start you see the wobble.

What I am disputing is the fact that MJ DOES swing it into right handers.
Also whil it is a lot harder to keep the seam upright with his action, it proves that you can swing a ball with a sling.

Just because you have a good action & an upright seam does not mean you get good swing.

About 1:40 in. Amla gets a ripper inswinger. Also the first ball is hard to see but I think Mckenzie gets a ripper inswinger.

[YOUTUBE]c9hcZWVb7PI[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bay 13 Poms cheated thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back