BBL BBL SC 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

1665804504176-png.1536913

What we need from here...

Gilkes to run out Bancroft and Eskinazi with no look throws off the first 2 balls of the innings and then Hardie and Inglis to steady the ship and knock the runs off themselves.
Leave Bancroft out of it and that’s fine with me. I’ll grant you just the one Gilles runout

Hopefully nobody has Ezkinazi

If that’s the case then I hope he gets out for a duck and we get quick 35-40s for Bancroft, Hardie and Inglis. How does everyone like the sound of that? That’s fair I think

Nah, Bancroft duck ;) 2 catches in the field is good enough from him

I got 1220ish, tonight hinged on Gilkes not being an absolute spud so it was obviously destined towards disappointment. Tye was good but basically everyone has him. Was hoping to get into the top 100 after this round but can't see that happening now.

Finished on 1034, I got a lousy 61 points from Gilkes, Sams, Inglis and Hardie in that last game.

Can't wait to trade Sams out, he has turned into an absolute potato with both bat and ball the last two rounds.

Gilkes will just go back to my keepers bench where he belongs and he will probably pull out a great score next round just to piss me off.

Finished on 1034, I got a lousy 61 points from Gilkes, Sams, Inglis and Hardie in that last game.

Can't wait to trade Sams out, he has turned into an absolute potato with both bat and ball the last two rounds.

Gilkes will just go back to my keepers bench where he belongs and he will probably pull out a great score next round just to piss me off.
Sams is worthless - in terms of performance and also price tag. I don't think there is even any point trading him now. Despite being a dud with the bat he will still get chances because that thunder batting lineup is awful. In true bbl sc fashion, he will click with the bat randomly at some stage. And that might lead to enough runs on the board for him to actually bowl 4 overs.

I'm planning on trading Sams back in... probably a tad crazy but he has the ideal role. Hopefully he does better than the last time I traded him in.

Think I'll go with Khawaja and Neser in too. If the Strikers drop a bowler for Head then I think potentially him over Sams as then I'd be fairly confident he rolls the arm over.

With the way the BBL works you are better off trading out your players that did well the last round and Keeping the players that didn't do well.

You can almost guarantee it will turn around in the next round, if I trade out Sams, McDermott or Wade next round they will probably go gangbusters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my best score of the season for Round 9- 1051

had Short as captain. But also had Gilkes who scored 0.

Maybe it might be worth waiting for teams batting order which usually comes out half an hour before the game before Adelaide v Brisbane to decide on Carey or Head to include? Id be tempted to include either, if they opened with the bat.

Got a nice rank rise but still just outside the top 100, these next 2 rounds could swing things either way.

God damn I hate single only rounds, I'm keeping a trade up my sleeve so I can do as much looping as possible. I'm fairly well placed anyway for future doubles so not much harm in burning a trade on a donut.

Trades are pretty simple this round

Out: Webster, Wood, Wade (only reason I’m trading Wade is the uncertainty if he’ll be back next game)

In: Uzzie, Head, Carey

I reckon every batter from Adelaide (despite how bad they played at the MCG) will target the Marnus if he bowls.

if you cant swing Marnus to the gates, you don't deserve to win anyway. His bowling is not that good.

I'd bet good money that Bazley comes in for them and they learn their lesson with trying to get 4 overs out of Marnus/Renshaw. They have enough quality with the bat there anyway, think their bottom half of the order will be Bazley, Neser, Johnson, Kuhnemann, Steketee. Probably the best looking Heat lineup ever tbh, I'm sure they'll still find a way to lose.

With the way the BBL works you are better off trading out your players that did well the last round and Keeping the players that didn't do well.

You can almost guarantee it will turn around in the next round, if I trade out Sams, McDermott or Wade next round they will probably go gangbusters.
Sounds like Wade might miss another game, I hope so. That way I can trade him out in peace and when he eventually punishes me on return I would hopefully have forgotten about it

Remove this Banner Ad

BBL BBL SC 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back