Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. It's just a shame that 10 other media outlets report on the same rumour.

I don't think he's been talking total shit, just exaggerating the hell out of it.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Beams had been chatting to people at collingwood and that's where he got it from and decided to run with it.

So Beams has either gone completely behind the club's back or Barrett royally screwed up. Question is which one. The longer Beams stays silent the more I'm inclined to believe the story - he has to publicly address it now - again.

So Beams has either gone completely behind the club's back or Barrett royally screwed up. Question is which one. The longer Beams stays silent the more I'm inclined to believe the story - he has to publicly address it now - again.
Tony Sheahan is involved in this too. Reported this at least two weeks ago.

As much as I advocate personal responsibility for those suffering mental illness (it's the only way to recover) I have ZERO tolerance for ****heads who needle and needle at someone suffering.

Damien Barrett can **** right off if it's true he's just spreading rumours and lies. ESPECIALLY during Mental Health week.

Was the standard media play by Fagan "I haven't spoke to Beams/Noble" etc. This is a pretty common theme in his pressers when questioned on an injury or a particular incident within a game - "I haven't seen the incident. I haven't spoken to the medical team yet". Despite him saying Beams hasn't requested a trade I personally remain concerned.

If this "Purple" breaking news story turns out to be total BS Barrett graduates to unprecedented levels of flogishness.
Thought exactly the same thing and in all honesty it would be a real dog act by Barrett if he has targeted a soft target like Brisbane and has made it up.

It is up to Beams and his management to quickly refute it and given the fact they haven't, leads me to believe that Barrett may not have made it up.

Dodongo doesn't believe the club was blindsided. Dodongo thinks the club knew in advance and the disappointment in Fagan's voice was more it being leaked before they wanted it to. Dodongo believes they preferred it to be leaked after the Neale trade was done.
Would Dodongo bet his nut on us getting Neale?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if it turns out not to be true.. maybe he had a few beers with the old magpies friends and said love to player with you guys again. meaning 2020/2021.
taken out of context

That being said how many players would love the opportunity to play with players at other clubs? You wouldn't be a true footy fan if the thought of playing with interesting players or in a different environment didn't slightly interest you. It's why we have things like the EJ Whitten game and International Rules.

Also if I were Dayne Beams right now I would NOT be dealing with this shit. Unless it was with a fist to purples face. Then again I'm a pacifist so violence is out...maybe I'd call him out on social media or something. Make him cry and ruin his career and chase him out of the country and I think my Slytherin is showing :oops:

Dodongo doesn't believe the club was blindsided. Dodongo thinks the club knew in advance and the disappointment in Fagan's voice was more it being leaked before they wanted it to. Dodongo believes they preferred it to be leaked after the Neale trade was done.
Dodongo has hit the nail on the head - as usual.

Josie Fielding on twitter saying Fagan's interview will be our only comment for today:

Our only comment today?:think:

Hopefully the more to come later is a press conference with Dayne reiterating his commitment to the Lions.

Edit- Thinking about it a bit more a press conference would be an over reaction, a simple tweet or instagram post would be good at this time from Dayne.

Last edited:
Josie Fielding on twitter saying Fagan's interview will be our only comment for today:

Would it be fair to say that the club has gone into lockdown over this.

All week the club has been prominent in the media and now, from my perception, it has shut up shop.

For a moment there I thought Barrett was being his usual dickhead self, but I'm thinking Beams has gone behind the club's back on this and told Connors to request a trade in effect, throwing out our club's recruiting / trade strategy at the eleventh hour.

If it is the latter, I will never forgive Beams if that is the case, because it was evident the news has thrown Coach Fagan.

I think we can shut this thread down again

Hahaha I don't think so at all. Purple's report wasn't that a trade request had happened, it was that one was coming.

So I don't think this is over until we get another statement from Beams and even then I won't believe it until the trade deadline has passed.

Hahaha I don't think so at all. Purple's report wasn't that a trade request had happened, it was that one was coming.

So I don't think this is over until we get another statement from Beams and even then I won't believe it until the trade deadline has passed.

If he hasn't requested a trade yet then it probably isn't happening

I can see Fagan, like the rest of us waking up and reading the AFL website - wholly f#%*. He tries to ring Nobel who is fast asleep to see if he knew anything. Nobel finally wakes and rings him back, narrr mate I got nothing. Ok one of us should ring Beamsy, ok Nobes your the guy to ring him. Nobes looks at his ophone, Beams has a young child, I won't ring him yet. Meanwhile Fages get a call to go on Radio so all he can say - I'm dumfounded, I don't bloody know bluf bluf..... If Beams view is still the same as it was at the B&F I hope the club demands an apology on Beam's behalf.

Would it be fair to say that the club has gone into lockdown over this.

All week the club has been prominent in the media and now, from my perception, it has shut up shop.

For a moment there I thought Barrett was being his usual dickhead self, but I'm thinking Beams has gone behind the club's back on this and told Connors to request a trade in effect, throwing out our club's recruiting / trade strategy at the eleventh hour.

If it is the latter, I will never forgive Beams if that is the case, because it was evident the news has thrown Coach Fagan.
No. Maybe the club feels Fagan has addressed the issue and they don't want to be repeatedly asked the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back