Rumour Beams coming on heavy, hot and strong (Beams & picks 41 & 44 for 18, 56, COL's 2019 1st rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumours won't stop until Beams either retires or gets to Melbourne. If I didn't know better I'd say that Eddie has slipped a journalist or two a few extra $$$ to keep the rumour mill going putting pressure on Beams to return to collingwood and screw us over.

Nah. Eddie's not THAT petty...is he?

The rumours won't stop until Beams either retires or gets to Melbourne. If I didn't know better I'd say that Eddie has slipped a journalist or two a few extra $$$ to keep the rumour mill going putting pressure on Beams to return to collingwood and screw us over.

Nah. Eddie's not THAT petty...is he?

Dodongo would love to be a fly on the wall when Eddie goes to hell and meets with Satan. Dodongo thinks the place would be too small for them both.

Just simple media management. There will be media saturation all day about Beams, club has stated he hasnt requested a trade, they dont need to be drawn into all the talk and pointless chatter. They will be busy behind the scenes talking to Beams manager, as well as other teams depending on what is happening.

Club wont want to give a running commentary all day. They will control what they say and say things when they have all the info and can make an informed statement.

Dodongo would love to be a fly on the wall when Eddie goes to hell and meets with Satan. Dodongo thinks the place would be too small for them both.

Who is to say they're not one & the same .....?????

So Beams has either gone completely behind the club's back or Barrett royally screwed up. Question is which one. The longer Beams stays silent the more I'm inclined to believe the story - he has to publicly address it now - again.

....and Fages said "..hasn't officially asked for a trade" Something there or am I reading too much into it?

Beams definately needs to say one way or the other. He owes this club that at least.

I agree the trade probably isn't happening, purely because I can't see what Collingwood can give us but I don't think the issue is over yet.
There is still just under a week to go in the trade period to get the deal done.

What Collingwood have at the moment doesn't include other picks that they can acquire this trade period or what they will be able to offer us next Wednesday.

Just look at Freo, they didn't have the pics yesterday to get the Lobb and Hogan deals done, but now they have got the pics in to form the crux of those deals.

Damien Barrett is being fairly balanced on trade radio right now. Says there's still a lot to play out, he hasn't requested a trade.

Dayne Beams wants to go to Collingwood in an ideal world.

Damien Barrett is being fairly balanced on trade radio right now. Says there's still a lot to play out, he hasn't requested a trade.

Dayne Beams wants to go to Collingwood in an ideal world.

I don't know if he's wound back his statements, or if there was a BF/media-wide overreaction. That sounds a bit more nuanced.

I don't know if he's wound back his statements, or if there was a BF/media-wide overreaction. That sounds a bit more nuanced.

Just listening to his tone I don't think it's absolutely set in stone mate. People might have gone too quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett getting called out hard lmao

I liked the part when Wallace asked Barrett have you spoken to Dayne Beams - I won't answer that!

In other words he spoke to Beams and Dayne told him not to mention it and is trying to go behind the Lions backs and orchestrate this by being disloyal or Barrett hasn't bothered to go to source and get a direct answer?

That's my take on it.

Damien Barrett is side stepping. Also as someone who works in the mental health industry, I find it staggering how media are so ill-informed about basic terminology. Mental health is a spectrum, that ranges from disorder to flourishing, with the majority fluctuating somewhere in between. I just heard Barrett say Dayne Beams had "mental health this year", that literally makes no sense. Suffered mental health concerns? Definitely. Suffered mental disorder? Most probably, considering he admitted to seeing a psychiatrist and being administered medication.

I also don't like the way that mental health disorders or "issues" get used as a scape got, or an excuse, whenever perceived irrational, or negative events/decisions occur. It helps perpetuate stereotyping, and stigmatisation of mental disorders as a whole.

Additionally, until Dayne Beams comes out and categorically says, I want to move back to Melbourne, specifically Collingwood, as it would best for my mental health - no one should be speaking publicly on his behalf, or speculating about how his mental health is, and what reasons he would have for coming back to Melbourne.

Last edited:
You would think with Dayne down here in vic, he would know all this talk has hit the fan and would at least pick up the phone to reassure Fages/Nobes..or inform them he wants out.

...surely someone could pick up the goddam phone and find out what is going on.

I find it strange that Fagan had not been in touch with Nobes when he first heard this news...or Dayne for that matter.

Barrett just said that if Collingwood don't come to the party Dayne is happy to see out his contract.

I've now listened to Damien Barrett and Terry Wallace for almost an hour.

Wow.

Trade Radio Now.
Barrett: "Pure coincidence we are "list managing Collingwood & Brisbane today"
List Mangler: "Yeah, we advised this yesterday"

I call BS !!

So Barrett came across the Beams "thing" in the wee small hours this morning, and was not contemplating (at the least) to run with it this morning, yesterday.

BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back