Beams not listed on injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

he spoke to his father (God) and was healed...contrary to popular belief Gablett Jnr is not the son of God...Beams is the messiah :)

in seriousness Collingwood has been pretty poor with their injury list this year, Blight didn't play VFL for two weeks (fell crook before a game, and was still unwell the next week) without any mention of him and Rusling has had a week's more recover for 5 months! (yes i know he has hurt something else, but it keeps being 2-3 weeks...every week!)

Yeah and people come up with consiracy theories as to why they're reported as injured, but not on the ultra-official unfallable "injury list". I guess Beams has just committed genocide and is serving a one week suspension.
Just genocide?

It's not a bad one. Just a slight strain. Probably won't play.

Abductor Strain (groin)....i want to know what the damage is, saturday's HS didnt have him injured but the age did? What's the John Dory?

Speaking of a spell: Abductor strain is what a kidnapper gets when he carries his trussed up victim around too much. Beams apparently has an adductor strain.

Apologies for the intrusion.

Anyone else sick of all this cloak and dagger stuff? I like the way Geelong just comes out and tells everyone plainly what's going on. No us though. Its as though we think we can get some sort of advantage by being deceptive. What a crock!

So, what's the real story with young Beamer? Did he have scans yesterday/today? What's the diagnosis/prognosis? Likely to play this week, out for a month, or somewhere in between? Please put us out of our misery and just tell it to us plain!

Anyone else sick of all this cloak and dagger stuff? I like the way Geelong just comes out and tells everyone plainly what's going on. No us though. Its as though we think we can get some sort of advantage by being deceptive. What a crock!

So, what's the real story with young Beamer? Did he have scans yesterday/today? What's the diagnosis/prognosis? Likely to play this week, out for a month, or somewhere in between? Please put us out of our misery and just tell it to us plain!
in 07 geelong was as open as iran is with their nuclear weapons mate

Honestly we say most of our injuries we may fudge the severity but if it gives even a tiny little gain against an opposition im fine with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet ya he is named this week (without any intention of him playing) and they will bring someone in at the last minute.... The injury list has been very poor this year.... The kid is tough he should be right! Hope its not the start of Osteitis Pubis!

i think it could be likely that beams perhaps suffered the similar injury to what Geelong thought Gary Ablett INITIALLY suffered. that basically being him with a soreish groin and the result a possible 1 week stint on the sidelines. however collingwood have a 10 day break, perhaps enough time for Beams to recover and come up to play. thoughts?

On Beams:

Reckon there is nothing serious there. No doubt he'd probably be right to play with a 10 day break and especially considering he did not play the 2nd half against the Roos. So he will not be put on the injury list.

However, he is a first year player and will be rested i reckon. Gary Ablett has been carrying and adductor injury since he played Adelaide and he was able to get 40+ possessions in consecutive weeks.

But it flared up last week and now he'll miss 3.

Considering it is a 10 day break, Beams will get a nice long rest before Carlton so should return for that.

Anyone seen the kid at training? How'd he look?

he did running, looked fine

No ball work or skills done though

I'm no expert but I would have thought 'running' wouldn't do an adductor strain much good...??

Where did the 'adductor strain' come from? I don't remember it being mentioned on the call and haven't heard from anyone at the club.....

I'm no expert but I would have thought 'running' wouldn't do an adductor strain much good...??

Running at full pace can hurt it and kicking tends to make it sore. It's the high leg lift that aggravates it.

Running at full pace can hurt it and kicking tends to make it sore. It's the high leg lift that aggravates it.

Hence the lack of ball skills.
I know this sounds stupid Opti but did you have your speedo out there by any chance?

Light jog, Double Time, or full sprint? :p

Hence the lack of ball skills.
I know this sounds stupid Opti but did you have your speedo out there by any chance?

Light jog, Double Time, or full sprint? :p
i wasnt there my dad was and TCT said he did run throughs in his report as well

Anyone seen the kid at training? How'd he look?

Pretty sure he may look like this :D
Beams_CollwoodHS_2009.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams not listed on injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back