Beep Test Stanton 16.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting yourself as evidence?

What a knob. Just because its mentioned here in a post doesn't make it real or true.

The standard beep test goes to level 21. At that level you are covering each shuttle (20m) at 3.89 seconds for 16 shuttles. If you complete level 21 you would have run 4.9km in 22 minutes.
And oh yeah...the sky is green with pink stripes. You read it hear so it must be true...right?!

As usual they're a bit behind the times in Slowbart :eek:

I doubt you've even done the beep test if you think each level has sixteen shuttles.

There was a beep test in front of the Hero's Stand, and Walker smashed 'em with a 22 beep! :eek: Others that did well here were Carrazzo, Armfield and Duigan.

It started off at 11 which a snail could have joined in on, and escalated to 15, 17, 18, 20, 21 and ultimately 22 where Walker made it to 22.1
They dropped off like flies post 20 with McCartney proably the worst performed in this discpline who happy yelled out an expletive that would have been heard around the ground.

Report Time: 6th January

- Beep Test: Started at 11, went to 15, then 17 and then by .1. Collins won in the first group, Duigan and Ellard placing. Collins got a 22.1.

Group 2 had Walker, Carazzo, Betts and Army as top 4. Walks won with a 22.2. Some cheering towards the end. Exciting.

I got like 50 once, and then backed it up with a billion straight after.

But in all seriousness, it would be interesting to compare AFL athletes scores to that of other global team sports. You'd expect them to be slightly lower than the likes of soccer or perhaps even basketball for several reasons, but looking at those score they surely couldn’t be too far behind?

When it comes to endurance neither hold a candle to AFL players, an ave elite Soccer player runs only 11-13km a game.

As usual they're a bit behind the times in Slowbart :eek:

I doubt you've even done the beep test if you think each level has sixteen shuttles.

I'm actually struggling to have an argument with you without using insults. First you say in this very thread people say it goes above 21.16 then you realise it was just you?

You are an idiot. The shuttles gradually go up every level. At 21 it is at 16. So what are your comments in relation to the sources given?

I'm actually struggling to have an argument with you without using insults. First you say in this very thread people say it goes above 21.16 then you realise it was just you??

It's because you're failing miserably.

My last post had comments from three people who had just seen the test go past level 22. Wake up.

The structure of the test is very open ended. It doesn't "end" at a certain stage. Your recording might, but the test can keep going.

At state basketball training in 16s we were told that a 13 was the bare minimum expected. I slipped over on 15.8 and there was still 5 or 6 guys going strong at that point.

I've heard of some coaches mapping out a 5km course, marking out the level lines and using that as a "beep test" result, which does explain some of the obviously false readings you might see (completing level 21 is a tad over 22 minutes for a bit under 5km) It's easy to see how people can claim scores of 22+ in that sense.

I'm actually struggling to have an argument with you without using insults. First you say in this very thread people say it goes above 21.16 then you realise it was just you?

You are an idiot. The shuttles gradually go up every level. At 21 it is at 16. So what are your comments in relation to the sources given?

Mate any idiot with a laptop could make a beep test go to a hundred if they want. I'm sure different sporting clubs/codes/athletes use the "Beep" method to train with and I'm sure a lot of them are customised by the staff at the clubs to test players a certain way e.g. Carlton make one that goes higher than 21.16 because they want to put their players under more speed pressure early by starting in the teens.

Like I said any idiot with a laptop could do it. Hell you can download it of the net the use Wavelab or something similar to cut, copy and change tempo anything and that would take all of 5 minutes to do.

Mate any idiot with a laptop could make a beep test go to a hundred if they want. I'm sure different sporting clubs/codes/athletes use the "Beep" method to train with and I'm sure a lot of them are customised by the staff at the clubs to test players a certain way e.g. Carlton make one that goes higher than 21.16 because they want to put their players under more speed pressure early by starting in the teens.

Like I said any idiot with a laptop could do it. Hell you can download it of the net the use Wavelab or something similar to cut, copy and change tempo anything and that would take all of 5 minutes to do.

You don't even need to go to all that effort. There's a program you can download that will run accurately to .001 of a second until you make it stop. The name passes me by though.

It's because you're failing miserably.

My last post had comments from three people who had just seen the test go past level 22. Wake up.

The most commonly used beep test does not go higher than 21.16. Agree that it does have 16 shuttles at 21 yet?

And to THE D, of course you can edit it, I'm sure that isn't the one people would be using when comparing beep test scores.

The most commonly used beep test does not go higher than 21.16. Agree that it does have 16 shuttles at 21 yet?

And to THE D, of course you can edit it, I'm sure that isn't the one people would be using when comparing beep test scores.

I think importantly the very old school one (the one with the guy with the super aussie accent on cassette tape) only goes to 21.16, it then says "That is the end of the final level".

As other have pointed out, and is obvious, you can follow the pattern that the beep test sets out and use that information to extrapolate more levels, but classically it is 21.16 levels.

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/fitness/techniques/

Download it and check it out for yourself.

/endargument

219868.jpg

YES!

Too bad Stanton can't play footy. Maybe he could get a gig as a runner though. ;)

You just did so it's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back