BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Was anyone at the game between Barwon Heads and Ammos? Were Ammos flat or BH that good? Fair to say that's a massive upset.. again.

52 Drysdale
48 Queenscliff
44 Geelong Amateurs
40 Ocean Grove
40 Torquay
40 Anglesea
24 Barwon Heads
12 Modewarre
12 Portarlington
0 Newcomb

Makes for an exciting round. The top 6 all playing for position.
Drysdale v Torquay
Queenscliff v Ocean Grove
Ammos v Anglesea

End of next week predictions
56 Drysdale
52 Queenscliff
48 Geelong Amateurs
40 Ocean Grove
40 Torquay
40 Anglesea
28 Barwon Heads
16 Modewarre
12 Portarlington
0 Newcomb

care to elaborate?

2 newcomb players didnt like what the other one was doing on the field.. both players were on the bench at the same time, more words were said, punches thrown, one player stormed off, the other got in a car and drove to hospital with "hand injury"..

Anyone else here see the Modda v Port game yesterday. I have to be honest and say heading down there that I thought Port had a great chance of having one last win but after qtr time were never in it. Not too sure what has happened at Port this year but it has been ordinary. I feel for the guys who bust their gut every week for the club and have been for a long time now. Where to for Port now? Recruiting, player retention etc. Only Ammo's to go to put an end to it all for 2010.
:(:thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown:

Whats going to happen to Newcomb. They are not going to win a game this year. Surely they wont get kicked out of the league.

Interesting final round. If Ocean Grove lose to Torquay which is highly likely after they beat Drysdale and are playing at home and if Anglesea beat Newcomb which should happen then Ocean Grove drop out of the 5 and Angelsea go in. Top 3 should stay as is.

Anyone else here see the Modda v Port game yesterday. I have to be honest and say heading down there that I thought Port had a great chance of having one last win but after qtr time were never in it. Not too sure what has happened at Port this year but it has been ordinary. I feel for the guys who bust their gut every week for the club and have been for a long time now. Where to for Port now? Recruiting, player retention etc. Only Ammo's to go to put an end to it all for 2010.
:(:thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown:

They have signed brody 4 another year. This year they have lost dewey. wells missed most of the year and i would think that he would get a good offer 2 return 2 bell post hill 2 play with his brother and a chance 2 play in a flag. dewey and wells are there 2 best players. they will need 2 spend some money next year 2 recruit some good players because they have no depth and no quality under 18's

port shouldnt go chasing dewey to come back for next yr. he left the club mid way through the season only to go and play twos for leopold, couldnt make the grade against good quality oposition.
players that leave clubs mid way through the yr shouldnt be welcomed back.

They have signed brody 4 another year. This year they have lost dewey. wells missed most of the year and i would think that he would get a good offer 2 return 2 bell post hill 2 play with his brother and a chance 2 play in a flag. dewey and wells are there 2 best players. they will need 2 spend some money next year 2 recruit some good players because they have no depth and no quality under 18's

I believe they spent more money this season but that certainly hasn't worked in the positive. Some of their new recruits are quite capable footballers but aren't playing like that whether it be because of injury, playing out of position or other factors. Having no U18's this season was a disaster really but they didn't have the numbers to get a side up so the players are with GWSP for the year. Too bad they didn't know before hand that St Mary's 2 U18's would play b4 all Port games as they may have been able to play there and follow Port for the year. Port have a couple of very handy U18's players here but they certainly don't have the numbers of the other powerful clubs who recruit from within all the time like O/Grove for example.
I agree, Wellsy would be one of their best with really only his disposal hurting him at times but he plays his heart out. Steve Hicks is as hard as nails and too bad more didn't play like he does. If any player there deserved to see some success it would be Hicksy. I only hope they can hold their core group of current players otherwise you can bring more guys in but they will be no better off. We need them because I can tell you Modda aren't an 80pt better side than Port, not based on actual player list's go. In fact, they are far from it but sometimes it is more than just player personnel I think.
Recruiting would be hard I guess after a year like this for the club and one can only hope that the people in charge know what they are doing and it all comes together for a much stronger year in 2011.
Their junior programme is quite strong and has good numbers for a smaller community so that can only help in the future with these junior players hopefully coming through the ranks.

Drysdale finished ontop in all 3 divisions this season, would be awesome to win them all, but its a fairly even finals group in the seniors and reserves!!

Who are you expecting to be the Grand Finalists in each div?

Drysdale finished ontop in all 3 divisions this season, would be awesome to win them all, but its a fairly even finals group in the seniors and reserves!!

I think in the seniors it is very even with probably only Anglesea the only team not a realistic chance of winning it. I expect to see a Drysdale v Ammos grand final. As to who wins who knows.

In the Magoos, likely to see a Drysdale Torquay grand final. Ammos finished third but as they did last year will probably go out i straight sets, again. Drysdale to win it.

In the under 18's will be a Drysdale Ammos grand final and i will go with an upset and say Ammos to win.

Im just gonna start with this weeks senior matches, so as to not look to far into the future.
Thinking the Coutas by 2 goals, i think Queens Park suits the coutas running style of play, although you'd think ammos would have the advantage of having the game played at their home ground, but i think the coutas did beat them there last year so proves they can do it.

Anglesea by 4 goals in a bit of an upset, although Torquay have hit a little bit of form the last few weeks, the Seas did beat Torquay by a fair bit they last played too.
Just my gut feelings.....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks are definitley the favourites in the 1's, very structured, very motivated and very hungry for success! I think they will play the Coutas in the GF.

In the 2's Torquay are the standout side. Getting players back now for their assualt on the flag. They have a very good mix of height and leg speed that will hurt all opposition sides on the big grounds. They will play Drysdale.

In the 18's it is a 4 horse race with Drysdale the standout team of the season. Ocean Grove will be a strong threat as they will get 1 or 2 back from the 1's, Ammos chances will depend on what College players have qualified to play, Torquay will work hard and challenge, however losing 3 of their best 5 to the 1's has hurt their chances. I think Ocean Grove will play Drysdale in the GF.

But i guess as usual come finals time who really knows. I think all 3 grades will be very competitive which is great for the comp.

So long as Ammo's DON'T win it who really cares. Too bad for them that they are not as good as they think they are because they would be the 18th team in the AFL if they were. Arrogance doesn't win flags but it will lose one.
Drysdale to win it but to be pushed by the Couta's. (Cant believe I am tipping Drysdale)

So long as Ammo's DON'T win it who really cares. Too bad for them that they are not as good as they think they are because they would be the 18th team in the AFL if they were. Arrogance doesn't win flags but it will lose one.
Drysdale to win it but to be pushed by the Couta's. (Cant believe I am tipping Drysdale)

Nice sledge at an easy target. They finished third in the home and away so they probably dont think they are that good i would have thought. But in saying that any team that finishes in the top 3 should rightly consider themselves a premiership chance.

Ash Medal is Wed 1st Sept. The real question is, who are the contenders? Jimmy Dalton (OG) getting injured may cost him, think he missed 4 or 5 games Mitch Scott (Drys) had a great season as did Tom Limb and Roscoe Holmes at Q'Cliff. Shiels and Hassett at Angelsea will poll well and my smokey is Christie from Torquay. He will poll well and is a threat. This is a very even year and plenty of chances, possibly 3 or 4 others a chance I didn't even mention, Gage, Evans etc

Ash Medal is Wed 1st Sept. The real question is, who are the contenders? Jimmy Dalton (OG) getting injured may cost him, think he missed 4 or 5 games Mitch Scott (Drys) had a great season as did Tom Limb and Roscoe Holmes at Q'Cliff. Shiels and Hassett at Angelsea will poll well and my smokey is Christie from Torquay. He will poll well and is a threat. This is a very even year and plenty of chances, possibly 3 or 4 others a chance I didn't even mention, Gage, Evans etc

I've still got this feeling Dalton might shade Limb, with M.Scott third. Everyone youve said is a good chance though

Is Daniel Gage available this week?

Was at the game on the weekend between Torquay and Angelsea. Is Aaron Hassett available? There was a high number of rotations on both sides, but in particular Anglesea. Often 2 on and off. May have had a result as the Seas overran Torquay. Who is the long blonde haired bloke in the back line for Seas? Went alright.

There was a funny moment when the Torquay crowd had a mega phone and Chuck for Anglesea was having shot just in front of them in the pocket. They broke the silence and said slowly 'You wont get it chuck'. Perfect timing. The crowd cracked up. He played on and snapped a pretty nice goal.

So much for ammos not standing a chance and not being that good. They smashed the coutas in every aspect of the game, it will surely be a drysdale v ammos grand final

So much for ammos not standing a chance and not being that good. They smashed the coutas in every aspect of the game, it will surely be a drysdale v ammos grand final

Yes a few people wrote the ammos off, but im sure all the other clubs who played finals would not have taken them any lighter than in years gone by, and from what i can understand the coutas had just as many entries into the forward 50 but the forward line just wasnt functioning, wasnt at the game but that is what im told by people who were and the paper. But yeah the scoreboard tells a different story...
Anyway my tips for this week
Ammos over Drysdale by 5 goals
Queenscliff over Anglesea by 3 goals

Ocean Grove vote count results:
131 James Dalton
76 Bernie Lynch
75 Ryan Baker
70 Greg Costello
50 Harrison Foot
42 James McTagget
42 Sam Fairway

Remove this Banner Ad