BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a disgraceful comment, smith over stepped the line last year, maybe, and we will never know, ammos may have got up if smith was not reported, I'll go back to the 1998 AFL grand final, if the kangas had kicked straight in the first half the game would have been over, get over what happened last year you moron.

This is a late tip of gut feel.

Ammos by 12 points in the 1's - Jarrod Westwood BOG

Ammos by 18 points in the 2's

Drysdale by 24 points in the under 18's

Good luck to all sides, I'm looking forward to a ripper of a day

Ammos have to be the biggest choking pieces of poo ever. Goes to show money isn't everything, Jase Tom that is all you deserve for being a mercenary.

3qtr time, ammosfans started leaving to get back to clubrooms to celebrate, 2 goals up and they had the wind.. Then the choke started, Lindsay smith cost the
again with his 50m! Chapman, ferguson, Gage all dominated the last, and ammos barely got a sniff.. Weak weak weak football club

3qtr time, ammosfans started leaving to get back to clubrooms to celebrate, 2 goals up and they had the wind.. Then the choke started, Lindsay smith cost the
again with his 50m! Chapman, ferguson, Gage all dominated the last, and ammos barely got a sniff.. Weak weak weak football club

What the hell happened. Leading at 3 quarter time and having the wind and really dominating all day. All the typical Ammo comments will come out i suppose, and probably deservedly so. But how does a team lose a game like that and especially a grand final. Does the coaching need to be questioned here?

At 3 qtr time i was thinking how sh*t this GF it was boring Ammos were in total control Drysdale didn't even look like getting within 2 goals of Ammos. Then the first 5min of the last the whole game changed it was pretty remarkable the turnaround i think Ammos went a little too defenisve and were trying to hang on in saying that Drysdale would have had possesion of the ball for at least 75% of the qtr and they were a lot more desperate and took the game on.

Wade Chapman has done an unbelievable job at Drysdale. In 09 he got them up against a team they were massive underdogs against and then this year has got them up again from a seemingly impossible position at 3 quarter time to win back to back flags. I notice he has said he is not going on next year at Drysdale. With so many GFL jobs open at the moment many of these clubs would be foolish not to get on the phone to Wade about coaching them next year.

Ammos have to be the biggest choking pieces of poo ever. Goes to show money isn't everything, Jase Tom that is all you deserve for being a mercenary.

Very harsh. If you knew the bloke (and its Jas not Jase) and his circumstances you would realise how far off the mark you are. He is on the same money as he was last year at Leopold.
And went to Ammos because he didn't want to play at the higher level because he couldn't commit to training because of work. Ripper bloke.
You may want to leave your personal attacks at the door unless you know exactly whats going on.
Big congrats to Drysdale though. Great effort and well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw the last half and it appeared Ammos in box seat.
Inaccurate kicking cost them big time in the second quarter obviously but it is fair to say that Drysdale just looked they had more legs in the last quarter.
Ammos could not get their hands on the footy.
I was rather perplexed as to why Faulkner was not on the ground for the start of the last quarter, that is when you want your hardnuts and ball winners there.
When he was on the ground he actually won his fair share of the ball and looked composed and set up entries into the forward line.

i can confirm this, all 3 young stars are sure to turn torquay into a genuine contender:eek:
Was talking to a guy at the footy on Saturday & he said knew a bloke coaching up in Cairns who is heading down to Tourquay next year & bringing about 6 quality players with him from Cairns, Melb & Ballarat. Would be a great result for the club if this is true. Has anyone else heard about this?

Was talking to a guy at the footy on Saturday & he said knew a bloke coaching up in Cairns who is heading down to Tourquay next year & bringing about 6 quality players with him from Cairns, Melb & Ballarat. Would be a great result for the club if this is true. Has anyone else heard about this?

Do you know what the guys name was mate? Or what team he is coaching in Cairns this year? I know a few blokes from Cairns that might be able to shed a bit more light on the subject. Look out for Torquay if true though

Aaron Nesbitt - Cairns city. They finished 2nd last. Good player but only coming for 1 year as are the 4 other guys potentially. Not so sure how keen the committee are getting vigilantes for a year and then moving on. Good juniors may be forced to go elsewhere. Tough call though, do you get them and change the place for 12 mths or run the risk of having them play against the club?

Aaron Nesbitt - Cairns city. They finished 2nd last. Good player but only coming for 1 year as are the 4 other guys potentially. Not so sure how keen the committee are getting vigilantes for a year and then moving on. Good juniors may be forced to go elsewhere. Tough call though, do you get them and change the place for 12 mths or run the risk of having them play against the club?

Have heard Nesbitt is moving down this way, did hear he was looking for a possible coaching role, so I can't see it being just a 1 year thing. Apparently has a couple mates moving into region due too job transfers. One player I've heard is Josh Carracher who made Ballarats Team of Year 2009.
Another is Carracher's past teammate Hamish Jarrad. All 3 have played together at Lake Wendouree.
I'm sure Torquay will be smart about everything. If they think these guys will only be there for the one year theyll stick with there Juniors which are very strong.

if the players coming in are only going to stay with torquay for the short term, than i think torquay will not pursue the players. they should direct more focus on encouraging past players from the club who have been succesful in the VFL, GFL, GDFL to come back. with the signing of montgomery and taylor im sure it will make the incentive for past players to come back a tad more appealing. these two players i would say are alot more worthwhile to torquay as they live locally and are what i would say to be a higher quality than the players coming down from the country.

if the players coming in are only going to stay with torquay for the short term, than i think torquay will not pursue the players. they should direct more focus on encouraging past players from the club who have been succesful in the VFL, GFL, GDFL to come back. with the signing of montgomery and taylor im sure it will make the incentive for past players to come back a tad more appealing. these two players i would say are alot more worthwhile to torquay as they live locally and are what i would say to be a higher quality than the players coming down from the country.

I have done some research since my initial post and spoke to a commitee member from Lake Wendouree. I am not sure on the duration the players are looking to head down for but from all accounts the 3 players mentioned are quality players and great team & club men. Carracher is Asst coach at Lake Wendouree who play in BFL grand final on Saturday & former BFL interleague player, Nesbitt is a former Asst coach at Lakers & moved to Cairns to coach and finished 3rd in the league medal up there this year. Jarrad is ex captain of Lake Wendouree & captained Cairns City Cobras this year. All 3 have played TAC cup for Rebels. As well i heard maybe a ruckman playing amateurs in Melbourne may be heading that way aswell. Based on what i have heard i don't think they are the types of guys who rock up for a year and leave as Lakers have a very high opinion of them. The club should definately look to strengthen their Juniors & use them as the basis for their recruiting but surely recruiting seasoned senior players would only help the development of the kids. Anyway it is the silly season after all & who knows what will happen between now & next April. Grand final should be a great game this week can't wait hopefully a big crowd!

lol, i think you mean mercenaries, vigilantes are the guys that defend the streets from crime

What is the latest on the coaching merry go round? What clubs are looking and what has been filled from what everyone has heard?

With the coaching moves I will give it a go:
Drysdale Chapman ??
Ammos - Tim Clark
Torquay - Rayner ??
Anglesea - Luke Primus
Queenscliff - Jamison
Ocean Grove - Macgregor
Modda - Sproule
Port - Brody ??
Newcomb - Mahoney ??
Barwon Heads - Byrne/Knights

Any ideas??