BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

is it true Reece Holwell is going to south barwon and gatgens to forest? they would be big losses. Who is going to fill the void in the forwardline left by chapman and maher?

holwell is gone, gatters is signed onto drysdale this year apparantly! mitch scott is trying his luck at VFL level with someone, and will hopefully be at drysdale if VFL is no good.

LOTS of players have left drysdale though, not sure where dan gage is going to play, few boys gone to bannockburn, few more gone to north geelong

wells/basterfield/davis all joined from portarlington, see who else colby can bring in. could be a good year to get games into the youth and see what happens!

should of could of would of ,at the end of the day they didnt cause they are to arrogant

Interesting call, i just don't understand how they have been arrogant and how that cost you 2 grand finals. It seems as if it is very easy to say they are arrogant but how are they arrogant? and how did that cost them 2 flags? I am interested to know how you can back such a general statement up.

Interesting call, i just don't understand how they have been arrogant and how that cost you 2 grand finals. It seems as if it is very easy to say they are arrogant but how are they arrogant? and how did that cost them 2 flags? I am interested to know how you can back such a general statement up.

It`s not being arrogant it was just Drysdale were better on the day in those 2 Grand Finals and wanted it alot more than Ammos . I am a Ammos suporter myself - good luck to Drysdale they deserved it . New coach at Ammos and hopefully a new off field team to support Clark and we will be up there again.

It`s not being arrogant it was just Drysdale were better on the day in those 2 Grand Finals and wanted it alot more than Ammos . I am a Ammos suporter myself - good luck to Drysdale they deserved it . New coach at Ammos and hopefully a new off field team to support Clark and we will be up there again.

I think your point about wanting it more is a good one. They were the better side clearly in 2009 and last year had the game in their grasp at 3/4 time. Not sure if that is arrogance, maybe they just weren't good enough. I just think it is easy for people to labels on a club without backing it up with any fact. Stereotypes are funny things and i think they are bandied about sometimes by people who don't really know what they are talking about.

Hopefully your new coach does a better job than he did when he took the helm last year (Barwon Heads at home!!)

whats the go with all the port boys heading to the arch enemy!!!
holwell is gone, gatters is signed onto drysdale this year apparantly! mitch scott is trying his luck at VFL level with someone, and will hopefully be at drysdale if VFL is no good.

LOTS of players have left drysdale though, not sure where dan gage is going to play, few boys gone to bannockburn, few more gone to north geelong

wells/basterfield/davis all joined from portarlington, see who else colby can bring in. could be a good year to get games into the youth and see what happens!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers have spent some dollars recruiting some older experienced players. Nesbitt, Carracher and Jarrad all only committing 1 year, plus Vassallo who supposedly is a big man, but best days are past him. I hope the juniors still get opportunities and that they haven't looked short term and put individual careers before the club? It didn't work last year with the St Albans guys coming and leaving after 12 months, bundled out 1st week of finals as they weren't playing for each other, have they fallen the same way in 2011.

whats the go with all the port boys heading to the arch enemy!!!

Any news on possible recruiting at Portarlington FC for 2011? Things have been very quiet regarding new recruits and confirmation of who is definately leaving apart from Wellsy. Any chance of these other players mentioned to be leaving actually staying @ Port?
:confused::confused::confused:

Any news on possible recruiting at Portarlington FC for 2011? Things have been very quiet regarding new recruits and confirmation of who is definately leaving apart from Wellsy. Any chance of these other players mentioned to be leaving actually staying @ Port?

Very quiet means not much happen my friend:( Departing are Basterfield,Paul Davis and wells to DRYSDALE.Dickson and a seconds player not sure who to Forrest.Whats your slant on it,why they're leaving Tom Dewey to Leopold earlier this year now these boys as well.:cool:

P Dizinto i think is on list of dipartures. Back 2 north shore i have been told L mathews from drydale to north shore to.

Does Torquay have a nice ground?

Torquay prob has the best surface in the comp. The centre wicket can go to mud but the rest holds up better then most . The ground does get windy in the pre season but is generally not too bad in the season proper. Facilities are good with new gym, showers, kitchen etc. It has hosted the last few GF's. They haverecruited pretty well and retained most players so should finish top 3.

Torquay prob has the best surface in the comp. The centre wicket can go to mud but the rest holds up better then most . The ground does get windy in the pre season but is generally not too bad in the season proper. Facilities are good with new gym, showers, kitchen etc. It has hosted the last few GF's. They haverecruited pretty well and retained most players so should finish top 3.

There is no way that Torquay has the best playing surface in the BFL. Not even close. Portarlington, Drysdale & Ammo's are far better surfaces.
Torquay have had the GF'S because of their scoreboard, good parking and it's pretty easy for them to secure entry to it hence most have to pay. If playing surface was the basis for choosing a GF venue then it wouldn't be there.
IMO of course.

There is no way that Torquay has the best playing surface in the BFL. Not even close. Portarlington, Drysdale & Ammo's are far better surfaces.
Torquay have had the GF'S because of their scoreboard, good parking and it's pretty easy for them to secure entry to it hence most have to pay. If playing surface was the basis for choosing a GF venue then it wouldn't be there.
IMO of course.

Gotta agree. Ammos probably has the best surface and the best ground to play on, good size and location. Torquay has a good surface but it is always windy down there. Not the best place to play especially in winter with the southerly coming in off the ocean. Portarlington is good as well and Drysdale as well. Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads too small, Anglesea has too much kangaroo poo on it and Queenscliff is on a slope. Moddewarre has improved but is still a hole to play at. Newcomb is pretty good as well. But Ammos is the best for mine.

Gotta agree. Ammos probably has the best surface and the best ground to play on, good size and location. Torquay has a good surface but it is always windy down there. Not the best place to play especially in winter with the southerly coming in off the ocean. Portarlington is good as well and Drysdale as well. Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads too small, Anglesea has too much kangaroo poo on it and Queenscliff is on a slope. Moddewarre has improved but is still a hole to play at. Newcomb is pretty good as well. But Ammos is the best for mine.

I disagree totally, surely Modewarre have the title of best BFL ground. Right from the $hitty West to East sloping surface to the $hitty surrounds that it finds itself surrounded in. You cannot go past the mighty M.C.G. Pfft, what a joke of place. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to play there and will have to play there in future. Its a waste of a Saturday arvo really. At least you know that 80% of the time you come away with the 4 points. On a serious note, Geelong Ammos, Portarlington and Torquay do have the better of the playing surfaces. This is reflected by the finals locatation i suppose.

I disagree totally, surely Modewarre have the title of best BFL ground. Right from the $hitty West to East sloping surface to the $hitty surrounds that it finds itself surrounded in. You cannot go past the mighty M.C.G. Pfft, what a joke of place. I feel sorry for anyone who has ever had to play there and will have to play there in future. Its a waste of a Saturday arvo really. At least you know that 80% of the time you come away with the 4 points. On a serious note, Geelong Ammos, Portarlington and Torquay do have the better of the playing surfaces. This is reflected by the finals locatation i suppose.
  • Wow!! You're right about modda you forgot the smell of cow shit but.
  • Drysdale and port have the advantage of running east west were the wind has little to no impact at finals time.
  • Torquay has throw up some shocking conditions in grandfinals hot and windy wrecking the skill of the games

Tigers have spent some dollars recruiting some older experienced players. Nesbitt, Carracher and Jarrad all only committing 1 year, plus Vassallo who supposedly is a big man, but best days are past him. I hope the juniors still get opportunities and that they haven't looked short term and put individual careers before the club? It didn't work last year with the St Albans guys coming and leaving after 12 months, bundled out 1st week of finals as they weren't playing for each other, have they fallen the same way in 2011.
:confused:
These players any good i've got no Idea who they're can you give some back ground please.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

BFL Bellarine Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back