BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit sensitive you Port blokes aren't ya? AFL Barwon have the spotlight on you. They've got growing concerns around the behaviour of the Port bench in recent weeks.
No they haven't, you aren't even good at making shit up.
If you are going to tell lies, at least try and be convincing.
Have a look in your own backyard.....

No they haven't, you aren't even good at making shit up.
If you are going to tell lies, at least try and be convincing.
Have a look in your own backyard.....
Deny and deflect President Trump. The umps are sick of the verbal attacks and complaints about decisions that are coming from your bench. Might pay to keep their traps shut tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I know mate, playing the game!

Officials abusing umpires from the sidelines is a blight on Geelong footy, any club that has problems with that deserves suspensions
TBH, KOP. The standard of umpiring has dropped dramatically over the last few weeks. I kind of don't blame the TM for losing his shit.

TBH, KOP. The standard of umpiring has dropped dramatically over the last few weeks. I kind of don't blame the TM for losing his shit.

I could not agree with you more. The umpiring standard across the board has gone down hill massively. Former players are the key here though. There must be more incentive for retired players or people who have played the game recently to become an umpire. Too many people umpire who have lost or haven't had a feel for the game and are all after a bit of me time!

I could not agree with you more. The umpiring standard across the board has gone down hill massively. Former players are the key here though. There must be more incentive for retired players or people who have played the game recently to become an umpire. Too many people umpire who have lost or haven't had a feel for the game and are all after a bit of me time!
Yep. That and the fact that they have to watch Friday night football on TV to find out what the rule/ interpretation of the week is.

Yep. That and the fact that they have to watch Friday night football on TV to find out what the rule/ interpretation of the week is.

What's the incentive for older blokes to umpire? They have to train their asses off, and they could probably still play if they wanted to do that

Money is good, but I'd imagine most blokes of that era are going to have their shit sorted

The negatives pile up, no reason to waste half a Saturday being abused by players, coaches and supporters for 2 hours and $100 (if they do a senior game)

Or do certain leagues become officially "semi-professional", but have stricter, tighter controls, similar to what I assume the Afl does with its clubs?
(bit of a stretch, but look at soccer overseas.. Not just the major leagues are professional.. Why does it have to stop at state level football in our lucky country?)
would require a lot more $ to run a club that way n the volunteers would hav to put in even more time. players would be required to pay tax on matchies.. we dnt need it to head there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back