Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cal Twomey reporting via the AFL website the Dees are a strong chance to land Ben Brown.

Gut feel he’ll be in red and blue in 2021.

You forgot next years 1st.

The best we’ll be able to do is package up 23 with either TMac or Brayshaw to get a mid first round pick from another club, then on trade that to you for Brown. Dogs might bite with pick 13.

Otherwise it’s our 2021 first round pick on its own.

Something along those lines. Pick 13-15 is about right on its own for Brown. Proven key forward but he is 29yo and coming off a pretty poor season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best we’ll be able to do is package up 23 with either TMac or Brayshaw to get a mid first round pick from another club, then on trade that to you for Brown. Dogs might bite with pick 13.

Otherwise it’s our 2021 first round pick on its own.

Something along those lines. Pick 13-15 is about right on its own for Brown. Proven key forward but he is 29yo and coming off a pretty poor season.

23 and Brayshaw is a pick 5-10 minimum. In fact, we'd be losing out on selling him at a low point and may as well keep him.

And Tmac with his 800y contract is out. No one wants him. Don't equate him with Gus

23 and Brayshaw is a pick 5-10 minimum. In fact, we'd be losing out on selling him at a low point and may as well keep him.

And Tmac with his 800y contract is out. No one wants him. Don't equate him with Gus

Pick 10, Pick 13 ... splitting hairs. Happy to involve Brayshaw in a deal that nets us Brown.

Disagree re Gus at ‘low point’. He is what he is. B grade inside mid.

I'd rate Brown 15-20 given his age, so we'd want to hold onto 23 and trade them Brayshaw and 47 imo. More like splitting dreads

That would be the ideal scenario. Not sure it gets it done. 47 is a Hail Mary pick in a normal draft let alone a compromised one.

That would be the ideal scenario. Not sure it gets it done.

I like the idea of swapping our future first for their future 2nd. They can death ride us for a top 10 pick, we are aiming to make it 14-18 for what will assuredly be pick 19. Then you add 23 in so they're at least getting a minimum pick 15-20.

Edit we keep brayshsw

I like the idea of swapping our future first for their future 2nd. They can death ride us for a top 10 pick, we are aiming to make it 14-18 for what will assuredly be pick 19. Then you add 23 in so they're at least getting a minimum pick 15-20.

Edit we keep brayshsw

Don’t mind it. There’s a deal there to be done.

I really like the idea of Brown in our 22. Weid and Jackson will get huge benefit from it.

Don’t mind it. There’s a deal there to be done.

I really like the idea of Brown in our 22. Weid and Jackson will get huge benefit from it.

Might be unpalatable to our fan base though. We might want/need something in this years draft like their 3rd coming back Pick 40ish

Might be unpalatable to our fan base though. We might want/need something in this years draft like their 3rd coming back Pick 40ish

Some won’t like it but we have to roll the dice. Two years now with Weid and TMac as key targets hasn’t worked. A third season of failure with the same set up will cost Goodwin and others their jobs.

Brown has to agree to any trade. If he is determined to get to a particular club then we don't have a huge amount of leverage.
Wow someone who actually understands how it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Back