Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• North Melbourne

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniher to Brisbane, so they're out of the race too.

Who's left? Collingwood and Essendon?

Would be foolish for them to still consider themselves a genuine premeirship chance next year with their only decent KPF leaving, a top 10 player in Saad gone... They will probably hit the draft hard with roughly 3x 1st rounders, leaving us as the only suitor for Brown :)
I think Essendon will be going for local boy Peter Wright. Geelong might be a competitor for Brown, since they were linked to Daniher. They could go for Cameron too but I reckon he'll stay at Giants.

I think Essendon will be going for local boy Peter Wright. Geelong might be a competitor for Brown, since they were linked to Daniher. They could go for Cameron too but I reckon he'll stay at Giants.
Peter Wright could be good.

The key here is age profile, you don't want to end up in shambles like North's list by rebuilding a year too late, and trading out all the valuable players at a huge discount.

Assuming both clubs finish in the same position next year, that trade puts Brown’s worth at Pick 7 using the Draft Calculator.

aca5dbd97d72da0a2c7aba900f6f1962.jpg
Nobody gives a shit about points. There’s no way any club is going to give up two top 10 picks for Brown, regardless of the points value you give them back.

Since Collingwood is most likely going to get him IMO, what would be the most they would be willing to give up for him? They have NGA this year around a mid-first rounder and wouldn't want to lose out on that player (If McInnes were to be bidded at pick 7 let's say Collingwood would need 260 points to match if they got rid of their first rounder this year.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This article from yesterday has the headline “Could Ben Brown move to Melbourne?”

Article is locked so I haven’t read it. Not sure if there is any substance to it.

Since Collingwood is most likely going to get him IMO, what would be the most they would be willing to give up for him? They have NGA this year around a mid-first rounder and wouldn't want to lose out on that player (If McInnes were to be bidded at pick 7 let's say Collingwood would need 260 points to match if they got rid of their first rounder this year.)
More like Collingwood LEAST likely to get him.
They'll miss out on Brown and get 2MP.

This article from yesterday has the headline “Could Ben Brown move to Melbourne?”

Article is locked so I haven’t read it. Not sure if there is any substance to it.

Barrett's Sliding Doors bit of rubbish this morning on AFL.com is also suggesting Melbourne is possible. Our first pick this year is currently 23... how about 23 and Oscar Mac? :)

I don't understand why Freo would want him since they already have Hogan, Lobb and Taberner

You may have answered your own question.

They might be moving Hogan on.

Think although Brown is going to rue the day he goes to Melbourne with all of Oliver/Brayshaw/Viney trolling him by kicking the ball 20 metres away from him...

BUT, he can still provide tremendous value to Melbourne and is a decent upgrade on Mcdonald

Think although Brown is going to rue the day he goes to Melbourne with all of Oliver/Brayshaw/Viney trolling him by kicking the ball 20 metres away from him...

BUT, he can still provide tremendous value to Melbourne and is a decent upgrade on Mcdonald

We also got a guy called Petracca.

Your dreaming, has met with Pies at least twice already. He'll go to a BIG club.

I'm a bit indifferent on Brown. It is worth noting though that he shares the same manager as Brodie Mihocek apparently. Pretty sure they've said Brown hasn't met Pies personally (due to COVID) so I'm not sure how we could categorically say the meetings between Pies and BB manager haven't been about Mihocek's new deal and not BB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ben Brown [Traded to Melbourne with #28 and Future 4th Round Pick for #26, #33 and Future 4th Round Pick]

Back