Ben Cousins in Intensive Care

Remove this Banner Ad

lol i love how people say he's got no proof.

Why should he be in the minority? Because he has the safety net of multiple drug tests every week ... that's more than anyone else would have and would help him enormously.

His whole life is at risk im sure he has enough motivation to stay off the stuff.

i want to know why hes got the sleeping agent anyway?

the doctor prescribed some for me because I had a reason.

dont say on the grounds that hes a professional sportsman and he needs to sleep by a certain time or needs a degree of comfortable sleep?

He must of spent a small fortune over the years in medical bills.

Wonder if he has health cover? Maybe he can't get cover anymore-considering his past history..

Why would you need a sleeping pill to get to sleep? He's just ran 15 odd kms in a match. You would think he'd get tired after that. Maybe he's got ADHD or whatever it's called..

i want to know why hes got the sleeping agent anyway?

the doctor prescribed some for me because I had a reason.

dont say on the grounds that hes a professional sportsman and he needs to sleep by a certain time or needs a degree of comfortable sleep?
could suffer for insomia - happens to alot of people

i want to leave the conspiracies for after hes out of hospital thank you

He must of spent a small fortune over the years in medical bills.

Wonder if he has health cover? Maybe he can't get cover anymore-considering his past history..

Why would you need a sleeping pill to get to sleep? He's just ran 15 odd kms in a match. You would think he'd get tired after that. Maybe he's got ADHD or whatever it's called..

Apparently players take No Doz during a game.

Can't believe the low posts in this thread. The poor guy is in intensive care so let's just hope all goes well for him and that he can recover as soon as possible.
Yeah hope he is well real soon .HOW MANY people on Big Footy are PARENT"S,how would you be feeling right now if it was your Son or daughter in ICU.Gutted RIGHT,so just remember BEN'S parents what they would be feeling,THey have the seagulls(MEDIA)to contend with they really dont need the footy world giving them Grief also.LOVE OR HATE HIM.HE is sick for Christ sake so some PASSION.for him and his FAMILY people.

Yeah hope he is well real soon .HOW MANY people on Big Footy are PARENT"S,how would you be feeling right now if it was your Son or daughter in ICU.Gutted RIGHT,so just remember BEN'S parents what they would be feeling,THey have the seagulls(MEDIA)to contend with they really dont need the footy world giving them Grief also.LOVE OR HATE HIM.HE is sick for Christ sake so some PASSION.for him and his FAMILY people.

Don't worry, I think they've learnt not to read this forum over the years.

Apparently players take No Doz during a game.

Can confirm that, I have a mate who's missus works in Collingwood admin - many of the players take a couple during the game to give them an energy hit. It's concentrated caffeine, you have to be careful though, when it wears off, your energy levels drop dramatically.

Best wishes to Ben for a speedy recovery. All the best to his family and friends in Richmond during these trying times.

Some of you clearly need to reconsider your posting. Some of the comments in this thread are distasteful at best. A bloke is seriously crook and you want to stir the pot? For goodness sake!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best wishes to Ben for a speedy recovery. All the best to his family and friends in Richmond during these trying times.

Some of you clearly need to reconsider your posting. Some of the comments in this thread are distasteful at best. A bloke is seriously crook and you want to stir the pot? For goodness sake!

Agree completely. Who gives a shit if he's a recovering addict - the public still has no right to go intruding into his medical history as it's not the public's business.

Hope you get better Ben :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

You have to laugh at the constant excuses that are made for Benny.
All players take No Doz before games & sleeping tablets after, if this is true, our game & the players are in serious trouble health wise. :rolleyes:
Common Knowledge throughout the football industry.But wait you don,t know so it mustn,t happen.:rolleyes:

All players take No Doz before games & sleeping tablets after, if this is true, our game & the players are in serious trouble health wise. :rolleyes:

James Hird tonight 'On the Couch' said that it is something he has done during his career and it is quite common practice.

James Hird tonight 'On the Couch' said that it is something he has done during his career and it is quite common practice.

I don't care what the great man said. But did he say he did it before & after every game? If you can't see a problem with players doing that every week, well you obviously don't care about their health.

As long as they still look cute, you are happy right?

I don't care what the great man said. But did he say he did it before & after every game? If you can't see a problem with players doing that every week, well you obviously don't care about their health.

Take your usual narrow minded ranting crap elsewhere.

Your initial post

I pointed out to you that it is apparently common practice as verified by 'the great man', therefore excuses are not being made. Nowhere did I give an opinion as to whether I thought the taking of nodoz was a good idea or not and whether I thought it was appropriate to do so

Don't make me out to be some simpering female with no idea because you think it suits your argument, it just comes off as petty tbh.

Take your usual narrow minded ranting crap elsewhere.

Your initial post

I pointed out to you that it is apparently common practice as verified by 'the great man', therefore excuses are not being made. Nowhere did I give an opinion as to whether I thought the taking of nodoz was a good idea or not and whether I thought it was appropriate to do so

Don't make me out to be some simpering female with no idea because you think it suits your argument, it just comes off as petty tbh.

Not surprised you totally avoided the question about the players health, if they take uppers before the game & downers after it. You also forgot to say whether the great man said he did it before & after every game.

Mantis,

A player does not just choose which week to follow this routine.

If you do it, its every week, and its only for 6 months a year. These players live for their careers week in week out. Its only 1 day a week for 6 months.

They have a huge dose of caffeine and then take a presciption sleeping tablet. Its only once a week you goose. Where's the health risk there.

Cousins may have other health complications because of previous abuse, but don't think for one reason this is not common weekly practice in all AFL clubs.

I've played sport at night a lot of times (used to have club basketball games at 10pm on Friday nights during high school), and I understand it can be hard (especially after doing other stuff all day) to "get up" and "stay up" for that, but why exactly do players need to take No-Doz for a game on a Sunday afternoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Cousins in Intensive Care

Remove this Banner Ad

Back