Ben Cousins is or is not a Tiger discussion [Merged Threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ben Cousins a Tiger

its seniors

Ironic much?

Why do people have delusions of 3-4 years of Cousins? Not only that but his abilities will get worse every year.

I'm going to agree with the beave. Getting Cousins will be taking the short term approach although in this instance, the long term won't be affected. It would be the same as Carlton, trying to buy their way to a Premiership, I want to see the new generation of players we are recruiting/developing to lead us to success. Players like Morton, Hislop and Thomson I don't mind, because they're still young.

I'm going to say 'no' to Cousins, but if we did take him, I wouldn't be upset.

going by the form guide, TW is calling a bluff....reckon he wants in on a youngster and wants others to think he will be available at rookie pick time...hence the BS about us and Cousins. ;)

have you ever seen him play, hes a freak and even at 50% is better then a large portion of our players
No I've never seen a 31 yr old Cousins play I'm afraid. If a 31 yr old Cousins is indeed 50% better than a large portion of our players, it really goes to show that the list is not good enough to win a premiership, no? So why get him then?

So why get him then?

Because I love watching Cousins play and I'd also love to see our young guns play alongside one the great midfielders of the modern era.

How old is Richo again? I guess he hasn't been able to contribute past the age of 31 either, and considering he probably isn't going to take us to a premiership there is no point playing him really.

Apart from a "potential" 2 year bolster of our already talented midfield, ( and he would take the spot of a developing kid like White or Conners), I am buggered if I can see what he would bring to Punt Rd that is of such great value. The culture being dveloped through our young guns is exactly the one we want going forward because its about team not individuals. I want us to be associated with that culture and the lasting one of someone like Richo who is all about team. not bloody Cousins and his escapades. All he has served to do is prove that one wrong individual can ruin a whole team, well at least for a while.

Apart from a "potential" 2 year bolster of our already talented midfield, ( and he would take the spot of a developing kid like White or Conners), I am buggered if I can see what he would bring to Punt Rd that is of such great value. The culture being dveloped through our young guns is exactly the one we want going forward because its about team not individuals. I want us to be associated with that culture and the lasting one of someone like Richo who is all about team. not bloody Cousins and his escapades. All he has served to do is prove that one wrong individual can ruin a whole team, well at least for a while.

dude the neon light was shone the other day when the report suggested that he wass trying to get back to the eagle through the back door, ala Rama with the bummers, and the eagles said NO!!!!!!;)

Fair points however Cousins also was a big part of leading West Coast to a premiership and was also a reveared captain before going down the wrong path.

Because I love watching Cousins play and I'd also love to see our young guns play alongside one the great midfielders of the modern era.

How old is Richo again? I guess he hasn't been able to contribute past the age of 31 either, and considering he probably isn't going to take us to a premiership there is no point playing him really.
Play along side our young guns? Too bad he would be taking the position of one of those young guns. Too bad for his development, because corporal loves watching Ben Cousins lead the tigers to another false dawn like in 1995 and 2001.

Richardson is very much in the minority. Why do you think most teams only give 1 year deals to players over 30? I don't remember Richo being out of the competition for over a year and dealing with a drug problem.

Why do people have delusions of 3-4 years of Cousins? Not only that but his abilities will get worse every year.

I'm with ya Beav.

How many weeks do you reckon it would be before he does that hammy again?

Cogs has more hope than Cuz of making it back imo.

No Cousins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play along side our young guns? Too bad he would be taking the position of one of those young guns. Too bad for his development, because corporal loves watching Ben Cousins lead the tigers to another false dawn like in 1995 and 2001.

Richardson is very much in the minority. Why do you think most teams only give 1 year deals to players over 30? I don't remember Richo being out of the competition for over a year and dealing with a drug problem.

Competition for spots - bring it on, if Conners & co have got to train the house down to get a spot then so be it.

Yes I enjoy watching good players, especially in the yellow & black.

Yes champion players are in the minority and there is no doubt Cousins was a champion player. He has spent a year out yes, however not because of a broken leg and he appears to be in fantastic shape.

But I agree definitely a risk there however in my mind the upside is worth the punt. However I can understand why people would be against.

I would prefer to see Connors / Coughlan play 22 games next year than Cousins.

I'd be happy to see Coughlan play 1 game and hopefully Connors will finally get fit enough to play in the midfield.

So lets recruit Cousins as cover for these two then!

Anyway I'll stop now, my Cousins mancrush is becoming way to apparent!

Go Tigers!

Cousins is past his prime and will only get slower. He has dodgy hamstrings and that problem tends to get worse with age. He also brings lots of baggage and may be a bad influence on the impressionable youngsters.

Not worth the risk IMO:thumbsdown: If he was a few years younger then I would consider it.

I'd be happy to see Coughlan play 1 game and hopefully Connors will finally get fit enough to play in the midfield.

So lets recruit Cousins as cover for these two then!

Anyway I'll stop now, my Cousins mancrush is becoming way to apparent!

Go Tigers!

im with u 100% nothing to lose
get benny

Cousins is past his prime and will only get slower. He has dodgy hamstrings and that problem tends to get worse with age. He also brings lots of baggage and may be a bad influence on the impressionable youngsters.

Not worth the risk IMO:thumbsdown: If he was a few years younger then I would consider it.
the one thing most of the west coast players have always said is ben was ALWAYS good around club set the bar extremely in terms of fitness and really motivated the youngsters to work hard each training session, hows that a bad influence on our youngsters:confused:

WOuld much prefer us to draft the next best kid similar to the Matthew White situation.
For all White's deficencies, he's turned out to be a vital player for us and has a 10-year future if he continues to work hard.

Or another gun like gourdis :rolleyes:

when someone says bookmark you know there full of shit and jsut stating your opinion as if you a have a source:rolleyes:

What, apart from the recruiter Francis Jackson and coach Terry Wallace saying we wont be getting Cousins? Yeah, they're nobodies. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back