Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about others here, but everytime i see an oompah loompah face I'm reminded of Bob Murphy. After a good week in a solarium.
Ha ha that's brilliant.
Yes, it sure does.
Love it
So clever, I wish I thought of it. (Wasted on Ben ken)

we'dve gotten a second rounder for Kennedy.
Former pick 19 (so only first round because of a compromised draft) who has done absolutely nothing noteworthy in 3 years on an AFL list. To think we would have gotten a second for him is ridiculously optimistic at best, but closer to completely unrealistic imo.
Point is.. we gave up both Seedsman and Kennedy for Howe and pick 48 or something... it wasn't Kennedy for Howe.. this thread needs to include the Seed to make any sense.
This I agree on. I felt that we overpaid for Howe too, because in reality he was only worth a second. At the end of the day though, we traded out two depth players for a potential best 22. It was worth the risk, and hopefully it pays off.

Former pick 19 (so only first round because of a compromised draft) who has done absolutely nothing noteworthy in 3 years on an AFL list. To think we would have gotten a second for him is ridiculously optimistic at best, but closer to completely unrealistic imo.

This I agree on. I felt that we overpaid for Howe too, because in reality he was only worth a second. At the end of the day though, we traded out two depth players for a potential best 22. It was worth the risk, and hopefully it pays off.
I was ok with Kennedy for Howe and say our third rounder but to throw Seedsman in as well was way overs if you ask me. You have to factor in potential for development and years of footy ahead of them. I expect Howe to be good for us. I rate him and I'm happy he's on the list but I think we shafted ourselves a bit in that trade. Seedsman could be an absolute star if he clicks.

Who will have the better career? Just watching some nab cup and saw Ben Kennedy slotting one on the run for Melbourne. Who will have the career?

Howe has already played 100 games in case you forgot.

I was ok with Kennedy for Howe and say our third rounder but to throw Seedsman in as well was way overs if you ask me. You have to factor in potential for development and years of footy ahead of them. I expect Howe to be good for us. I rate him and I'm happy he's on the list but I think we shafted ourselves a bit in that trade. Seedsman could be an absolute star if he clicks.
Didn't shaft ourselves. Kennedy had issues with his size, pace and kicking, while Seedsman had issues with his mindset. If not traded, at some point they would have both been delisted, so whatever we got for them was overs as far as I'm concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy nowhere near best 22, Seeds slipped into 20-30 range.
Howe could end up playing unique role or give us absolutely nothing.
Worth a shot ................ expecting nothing.

So we got howe and crocker for kennedy and seedsman?
The pick we got bounced around a bit, so it depends on how you view the GWS pick swap. I'd say Wills.

Seedsman + Kennedy -> Howe + 68
Freeman + 68 -> 2nd round + 63
34, 53 + 63 -> 27 (Sier), 66 (Phillips), 77 (Wills) + 84 (not used, we also held our original pick 83 (Crocker))

Two potential best 22 is probably pretty generous given our midfield stocks this year.
Neither were reliable kicks ether. Really we lost no one of note and gained potentially 3 best 22 players in the trade period.

Sent from my Millennium Falcon using Tapatalk

Once a mediocre player decides to leave for more opportunity in a sh*t draft then you may as well take an established player in return.

I want to know what the hell happened to Kennedy's kicking. He's a veritable ball butcher now, but pre-draft it was universally accepted that he had a very sharp 50-55m boot. May not have had Mitchell level control over his kicking but he had neat disposal and some decent toe. Probably the same level as Ramsay or something. Him failing to get the distance or shanking 35m kicks wasn't something that happened to the 17 year old Kennedy.

He also doesn't look like he has the same burst speed that allowed him to accelerate from stoppages as a junior anymore, either.

Were his leg issues in his first two years really that bad?

I don't rate Howe, much less after his frisbee incident. So nil all draw works for me.

So Kennedy Grundy Broomhead Ramsay was a shit draft?

We picked the eyes out of it as best we could.

But we all know that some players who are picked later in the draft are better than earlier picks. Kennedy was picked earlier in his draft than Howe was in his year but the latter is clearly a better player.

What kind of argument are you trying to construct?

Last edited:
So Kennedy Grundy Broomhead Ramsay was a shit draft?
Shit draft meaning 2015, where it was known not to have very good depth beyond the first round. So going after the established players is a better play. Which is what Hine did, went after Howe, Aish and Treloar. I can't predict the future on whether it was the right decision but I'm very happy about Treloar and I was wrong about Crisp/Varcoe last season so I'll try and hold my tongue on Aish/Howe until both strt playing games.

As for the 2012 crop, I'm confident Grundy, Broomhead and Ramsay will all be best 22 on the list with Grundy and Broomhead having potential as best 10 on the list with some luck. So I'm happy with that draft.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back