Ben Lennon still keen to stay at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

THE_GUN does not like this post
Typical Ben Bloody Lennon

Playing out everything in the media and makes me laugh when i read the article

As if his manager hasn't garnered other teams interests over the last few months to see if there is any interest and after the realisation that no other club has an interest comes out with the line that he wants to stay at Richmond.

Delist and maybe Rookie list on min salary if we must , Might be time to recoup some of that $800k we paid him last 2 years

Wouldn't be any slower than Townsend but would be a lot better mark.

He has a place if he can find the hardness and aggression of Townsend. Doubt it though.
Difference is that Townsend is a defensive player and sticks to team rules and commits everything to the team cause

Lennon is about Lennon and the VFL grand final is perfect example where when he marked the ball outside 50 he just turned his back and didnt even consider if anybody els was in a better position - It was all about him

Now its not about him not passing it off its about him just turning his back and not even thinking , Lem me see there might be a player free 20mtrs out in front

Difference is that Townsend is a defensive player and sticks to team rules and commits everything to the team cause

Lennon is about Lennon and the VFL grand final is perfect example where when he marked the ball outside 50 he just turned his back and didnt even consider if anybody els was in a better position - It was all about him

Now its not about him not passing it off its about him just turning his back and not even thinking , Lem me see there might be a player free 20mtrs out in front

Can't argue with that.

He needs to run harder, chase harder, tackle more, pressure more. He ain't getting games if he's got a good kick and nice overhead mark. It doesn't quite cut it anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does not possess the desire to exert the manic pressure required to be in our forward line. Physically, he doesn't have the pace.

Probably a ripping bloke, and has played senior games for our great club, but needs to take the focus off his 'career' and onto how he can become a ferocious ball hunting animal.

I would have him rent a room at Steve Morris' house, and feed him a ration of medium rare 'footy desperation' all preseason.

I'd resign him for 1 more on a modest salary. With Maric, Morris, Miles, Batchelor, Elton, Hunt & likely Conca to go either by requesting trade or being cut - I think he is worth investing in. Our forward line currently is unique more than talented and once a team figures out the best way to combat this pressure forward set up, we will need a plan B & C to stay competitive.

If he wants to stay and willing to accept a modest contract to do so, then i would be

I would like to think he'd go into Dimma's office at the first opportunity, look him in the eye, and pledge to fight for his position in the senior team. That he is preparaed to do whatever is needed to become a Tiger champion - off-field, on-field and contractually. Dipper played 100 reserves games and Michael Tuck 50 in the magoos before they established themselves as multi-premiership players.

I rate him and and would be thrilled if he does the above and subsequently gets a performance-based Tiger contract.

If Ben can get himself going he has a spot in this team. Just a mark and kick player won't make it.

he should get out with the inside mids and practice contested ball, tackling and 1%s for 4 months. I reckon he would get a gig if he could round his game out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Lennon still keen to stay at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back