Opinion Ben Sinclair - Never again

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: He WILL still have weeks where we are like "this guy must be dropped"... But, the fact is that he is playing more good footy than bad. The Swans are a contender and he played his role. well done to the kid. Persist like we did with Toovey. That being said, I have no idea how he, Tooves and Marley can fit in to 1 team. Who do we drop...? Keeffe, Shaw, O'Brien, Goldsack are all locks.
Just to throw it out there (and I haven't watched last night's match yet...dinner party...), but IS Shaw a lock? He hasn't been at is best this year (IMO).

Moot point, though. Injuries/form/suspension will mean there's usually room.

Just to throw it out there (and I haven't watched last night's match yet...dinner party...), but IS Shaw a lock? He hasn't been at is best this year (IMO).

Moot point, though. Injuries/form/suspension will mean there's usually room.
Something I have been thinking about regards Shaw. He ranges between brilliant and very poor all in the one game. His mistakes don't get highlighted often but he costs us goals every week with brain explosions.
His reckless head high tackle that gave away a goal was a lot worse than anything Benny did last night.

Whether we can have another young player in defence like Seedsman on top of Sinclair and Williams at the expense of Shaw's experience is a tough one.

It would be nice if Shaw could control his brain fades he gives away high tackles every week that cost goals, but he's a lock for mine, great player and great club man. Take the good with the bad with him.

I thought I would bump this thread as nearly 3 years have gone by and IMHO he is still a terrible player.

Does anyone really have any confidence in him?

Can someone please tell me what our win/loss record is with him in the side v without?

As late as the last quarter our two leading possession gatherers on the ground were Sinclair and Blair. Every time these same old scapegoats are trotted out 20 players get let off the hook so everyone can tells themselves it would all be different if we could just replace those two duds.

As late as the last quarter our two leading possession gatherers on the ground were Sinclair and Blair. Every time these same old scapegoats are trotted out 20 players get let off the hook so everyone can tells themselves it would all be different if we could just replace those two duds.

Running around loose, picking up cheapies is of no value when you use the ball like a butcher.

Opposition are happy to let him have the ball.

Running around loose, picking up cheapies is of no value when you use the ball like a butcher.

Opposition are happy to let him have the ball.
It was a wet day and everyone including our captain butchered the ball, at least those two were getting the pill. Sinclair has improved his disposal dramatically and just needs a decent run of fitness. Blair has been in great form recently and always gives 100%. Those two players are not our problem, in a premiership year they would contribute as depth and cover any injuries with barely any loss of production. Time to focus on the other 20 players, they are the reason we aren't in contention, not Sinkers or the wee man.

It was a wet day and everyone including our captain butchered the ball, at least those two were getting the pill. Sinclair has improved his disposal dramatically and just needs a decent run of fitness. Blair has been in great form recently and always gives 100%. Those two players are not our problem, in a premiership year they would contribute as depth and cover any injuries with barely any loss of production. Time to focus on the other 20 players, they are the reason we aren't in contention, not Sinkers or the wee man.
Ah yes it's Pendlbury, Treloar, Howe, Reid, Sidebottom, Adams, crisp and DeGoey's fault we are losing, shame on them for having talent and playing well but not enough to make up for the mistakes of the hard working honest yet poorer players.

Ah yes it's Pendlbury, Treloar, Howe, Reid, Sidebottom, Adams, crisp and DeGoey's fault we are losing, shame on them for having talent and playing well but not enough to make up for the mistakes of the hard working honest yet poorer players.
Well you've identified the top end and we've been discussing the low end. That's all the clues you get I'm afraid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need more clues thanks, who should we blame? Name 'em, shame 'em.

How about sharing the blame across the other 20 players who played some of the worst footy of their lives on the weekend?

Sinclair and Blair weren't great, but honestly who was? Blame the playing list more geneeally. Was a joke.

I dunno who we should be blaming if Sinclair isnt one of them. I just had a look at his stats for the weekend. A lousy 86 AFL points. Everyone knows that the easiest position is that little backline running player who runs around like a headless chook and does very little - sinclair plays that position perfectly. A few astute BF experts were saying that Josh Smith doesn't look the part. This guy is cut from the same cloth. I'm not sure what image he's trying to project with that electrical tape around his cranium. Maybe he had a brain transplant over the summer. Well it didnt work. Pick what's wrong with the following pics.............

images
images
upload_2016-6-7_12-31-54.jpeg

yes they're all wrong....

I don't get the Sinclair hate. I mean the guy's not a superstar, but I think he's actually pretty good one-on-one if played in a lockdown role. Would've been ideally suited to someone like Impey. Offers more rebound than most of the rest of our back 6. I reckon he forms a good small duo with Marley when both are fit.

Picking up easy touches and doing no damage is not helping our cause to win.

These 2 guys are average footballers and won't be part of our next finals tilt, whenever that may be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Ben Sinclair - Never again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back