Benalla & District Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G’day “Duck Down Throw Over..Twice”!
Doona2 .. great to see you back in the land of we .. the dead men walking!
In 1958 until ’60 the Redlegs played at home as Avenel-Longwood seconds at 2.00pm on a Satd’y in the Waranga North-East League. Believe it .. firsts and “seconds” playing separate grounds at the same time. Cracker Withers old man was Secretary for those two years ( Longwood had been in the Highway league until ’57 before “merging”) and said it cost a fortune to pay the major partner Club.
But it is my memory as a 7-9 year old to run out in the Royal Blue jumper with a White Yolk and Red socks with my uncles; for instance, against a side called Bonnie Doon, and young blokes for the Redlegs like Ian “Bluey” Shelton (1965 Bombers premiership CHB) and John Henderson (Collingwood Captain in the sixties).
I then remember the next ten years as a void of footy for old Longwood town and also the spirit that rose from the September re-formation in 1969 .. coming up 40 years ago.
I’ve seen the VCFL corporate findings and see no joy – but the vibes are getting better. A league on opposite sides of the big hill worked in those days .. why can’t it do so again. Longwood town are ready.
Say g’day to Matt Finch for me when you catch up with him and all the best to www.broadfordfc.com.au!
Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I probably could happen but it seems the VCFL aint prepared to even look into it - I will pass on your best wishes to Matt tonight :thumbsu:

First off , I apologise to you users for the lack of action against a little troll who thought they might bob their head up, but unfortunately don't get the chance to read every thread daily.
Also please try to keep in mind that young people may be reading this and the content you post, ala the events of the Shepp Drive-In, may offend.
Fair enough Pacer .. A little bit of silliness can end up stoopid!
No more stoopidity from me in light of younger readers.
Cheers Pace to Burn !!
John Carrot :thumbsu:

Had the Bonnie Doon (B'ford) lads at our game today, said they won by forfeit to Tatong - also heard other clubs were considering taking a similar approach in the 2nd half of the season in the lead up to finals . . . . . surely this is not true????

Had the Bonnie Doon (B'ford) lads at our game today, said they won by forfeit to Tatong - also heard other clubs were considering taking a similar approach in the 2nd half of the season in the lead up to finals . . . . . surely this is not true????
nar m8 thats not true we had 2 forfeit today as we only had 7 players

Lets hope the VCFL dont see this quote any slight flicker of hope for the BDFL may just have gone out
Jobbo you Yobbo!
Good observation mate .. but you have to know that the VCFL has already called the end to the BDFL in their findings.
But the plastic suited people from Melbourne won't hand down their final decree until 31 July.
Which means everyman and his dog will be looking for a clearance before 30 June closure.
Tatong are not alone in that and Longwood are presenting to their players to look forward to 2010.
Why does the VCFL procrastinate so much .. they used to be apathetic .. now they don't care!
Cheers John Carrot:thumbsu:

Looking at todays results, it may be best if the GF was to be played next sat at swannie and pass on the rest of the season.........Should a mercy rule be introduced?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at todays results, it may be best if the GF was to be played next sat at swannie and pass on the rest of the season.........Should a mercy rule be introduced?
Yeah Slim
The VCFL continue to procrastinate while the BDFL Clubs have to just piddle with a prostate problem!!
I am limited by law and respect for the Longwood Football Club to be too out-spoken, but the grapes of wrath will be harvested later on.
The VCFL held their first, preliminary, “out of the blue?” inquiry... and, note please, not a binding assessment of the BDFL in May ’09. Purely a matter brought to attention!
Then the “city suits” brought down their findings, conclusions .. but hang on! ..definitely not recommendations .. oh no! .. with the final directives to come on 31 July, 09.
In the meantime there are more reviews and pocket-piddling to take place this week before the final, end-call, cop-it-sweet drivel is levelled at the Clubs on 31 July, 2009.
Why can’t these procrastinators do it by the end of this week, 28 June, 2009?
For that matter, why wasn’t it done in the spring of last year, 2008
Bejeepers .. it would still allow a club like Longwood to sign back some players by the 30-June clearance cutoff who left last year ‘cos they could see the writing on the wall! A chance to put forward a future .. but these VCFL procrastinator’s won’t allow us.
The end is not here .. it’s just waiting for the BDFL to fold .. to meet the needs of the lousy corporates who control country football.
Poor old Doon have spent another squillion this year for nuthin’.
“Why worry .. you were born with nothin’ .. what have you lost .. nothin’!”
Cheers to the bright side of life Slim!
John Carrot

Hey guys,

How bout you forget the league for a moment and lets see a BnD team of the year as there are many talanted players this year.

JC lets see ya sink into that one.

Post on the O&K thread says only 2 clubs will be going to the O&K. Guessing there could be at least one disappointed club around Benalla. What will become of the 2 distant clubs?

Post on the O&K thread says only 2 clubs will be going to the O&K. Guessing there could be at least one disappointed club around Benalla. What will become of the 2 distant clubs?

it is fact that idealy the O&K want at least 2clubs into there league but are open to the idea of three. obviously the b&D clubs will all be in the same position come the end of the year when the league is finished, which is also fact. proposals from 4/5 B&D clubs will be looked at by the O&K. with longwood trying for the KDFL

looking at alot of threads.. perhaps leave the guess work out of it slim until you know for sure whats goin on. too many wannabe know it alls gettin around i think.

Tatong are stacking their twos with a busload of blokes from Melbourne, looking to get them into finals....

perhaps look deeper into the fact tatong has had the ONE team this year.. nor seconds or seniors, so quite clearly the "busload of blokes" means numbers at the club! im sure those who have been doubling up all season are thankful! good to see theres still players around wanting to help out a club and enjoy football, and not in it for the money. thumbs up boys.:thumbsu:

it is fact that idealy the O&K want at least 2clubs into there league but are open to the idea of three. obviously the b&D clubs will all be in the same position come the end of the year when the league is finished, which is also fact. proposals from 4/5 B&D clubs will be looked at by the O&K. with longwood trying for the KDFL

looking at alot of threads.. perhaps leave the guess work out of it slim until you know for sure whats goin on. too many wannabe know it alls gettin around i think.

Careful it gets a bit slippery up on the moral highground..;);)

So as the end of 2009 is getting closer, and the Benalla & District Football League with it, where are the clubs likely to end up? From the talk on here, it seems as though this is the direction the clubs are heading:

Bonnie Doon => Kyabram DFL / Ovens & King FL / Yarra Valley Mountain DFL
Longwood => Kyabram DFL
Goorambat => Ovens & King FL
Swanpool => Ovens & King FL
Tatong => Ovens & King FL / Folding

While it would be nice to think that all of these clubs will slot nicely into their new leagues, what is going to happen to those clubs that just can't keep up? I'm sure they're great clubs, but will they have the supporter base and funding to compete against these bigger clubs over a sustained period of time?

The KDL has 1s, 2s and Under 18s (playing 16-a-side)

Over the past few years both Ardmona and Merrigum have struggled to fill Under 18's teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back