Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartley has to play back or on the wing, maybe fwd v flat and Maryborough only

I believe the man himself has said he expects he will play forward.

I can understand the thinking as they have to find a way to score and that’s been an issue for a long time, but I reckon he will soon realise they need to defend first.

Having said that, the talk is there is more recruits to come so they may well be holding some announcements until the new year to get some excitement going closer to the season.

I believe the man himself has said he expects he will play forward.

I can understand the thinking as they have to find a way to score and that’s been an issue for a long time, but I reckon he will soon realise they need to defend first.

Having said that, the talk is there is more recruits to come so they may well be holding some announcements until the new year to get some excitement going closer to the season.
The best pressure to put on an opposition team is scoreboard pressure.

Square have announced 5 and all look pretty handy. Strath have Caleb Sheahan returning. Jonty Neaves will be welcomed back with open arms at the Borough. Will Wallace (Sandhurst) and Jackson Carrillo (Gisborne) looking interesting recruits. Anyone got any comments about them?

Castlemaine have a heap including 2 Collingwood VFL players. Forest can tell us more about them.

I am sure that in time more recruits will be announced. Keep an eye on 'Country Vic Footy News' on Facebook for more details.
Kangaroo Flat have announced Justin Bateson - Wycheproof, Luke Ellings - Gisborne, & Micheal Roos - Avondale Height & Jack Lefroy - Old Trinity/Carlton VF.

Why is it the blokes with the talent don’t have the drive to try and crack the next level while the rest of us who would do anything for a crack don’t have the ability!
Mate, these two boys have done everything in their power to make it. Freg went further than Lachie.IMO Lachie should've been rookied by the Pies and would've been a better alternative than Ruscoe and one or two others. Both quality people!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, these two boys have done everything in their power to make it. Freg went further than Lachie.IMO Lachie should've been rookied by the Pies and would've been a better alternative than Ruscoe and one or two others. Both quality people!

Nar, Greene had a solid year last year and had some interest from clubs in the trade period.

Could have done a preseason with a club in the hope of snagging a list spot. Oleg Markov was where he is now this time last year and is now a premiership player.

Failing that, if he cracked in at VFL level he could easily be back on a list as soon as mid year next season. Or the year after.

Had heaps of potential to make a career but no chance of that happening playing in the bush.

Nar, Greene had a solid year last year and had some interest from clubs in the trade period.

Could have done a preseason with a club in the hope of snagging a list spot. Oleg Markov was where he is now this time last year and is now a premiership player.

Failing that, if he cracked in at VFL level he could easily be back on a list as soon as mid year next season. Or the year after.

Had heaps of potential to make a career but no chance of that happening playing in the bush.
Maybe I went too early. You've outdone yourself.

Did you give Stephen Oliver the same advice. Greene 16 AFL games Oliver 13. Surely your guidance would have been given.

100%, used to tell Olly all the time if I had his ability I’d have played 300 games and be talked about with Wayne Carey! Same with Derrick. To this day Olly says no regrets but I can’t get my head around that either.

I’ve never understood anyone not squeezing every drop of ability out of themselves in order to make it at that level.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Kavanagh another forest, Greene could have, but he's climbed the mountain twice to get on an afl list, the sacrifices he would have made to do that, for maybe 1 more crack, I think it's fair enough and it's bloody good for the league, we need players of he's calibre in the comp, he'd be close to the best recruit in country footy at the moment imo

Kavanagh another forest, Greene could have, but he's climbed the mountain twice to get on an afl list, the sacrifices he would have made to do that, for maybe 1 more crack, I think it's fair enough and it's bloody good for the league, we need players of he's calibre in the comp, he'd be close to the best recruit in country footy at the moment imo

Reckon Tommy gave it a good crack. Went to two clubs and ended up cut from both but you are probably right in the sense that footy wasn’t the be all and end all for him. Lot of people don’t realise he is Brent Crosswell’s son. Was a shame he didn’t play 100 games with a club to give Tommy a run as a father son, think he was only a few short at Carlton and North.

He’s been at it for years now. Maybe he feels he has given all he can??

Must do, it’s a shame because listening to trade radio every day while at work, I heard his manager and journos all talk about club interest in him and how they were very surprised he was delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back