Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone shed any light on Kyneton's mega raffle? Some insane prizes for a footy club raffle. Have they got good sponsors or what? The maths from their facebook post is about 2000 tickets before they break even. Must have some seriously dedicated people flogging tickets so hats off to them.

Can anyone shed any light on Kyneton's mega raffle? Some insane prizes for a footy club raffle. Have they got good sponsors or what? The maths from their facebook post is about 2000 tickets before they break even. Must have some seriously dedicated people flogging tickets so hats off to them.

No doubt Kyneton Toyota would help them out on the ute as they have strong connections there, not sure what the relationship is with the caravan.

Be interesting to see how it goes year after year, I’ve said before in small towns I think there’s an expiry on expensive raffle tickets, people will dig in once or twice but won’t fork out every year.

On Kyneton bit of a worry they have advertised for a coach, that never ends well.

No doubt Kyneton Toyota would help them out on the ute as they have strong connections there, not sure what the relationship is with the caravan.

Be interesting to see how it goes year after year, I’ve said before in small towns I think there’s an expiry on expensive raffle tickets, people will dig in once or twice but won’t fork out every year.

On Kyneton bit of a worry they have advertised for a coach, that never ends well.
My awareness from a semi reliable source is that Kyneton sold 3500 tickets in last years raffle it’s been going for a few years now no doubt it will have an expiry date but I wouldn’t think it’s any time soon
Forest I don’t see where your coming from saying a club advertisement for a coach never ends well I’m sure they’d have some names in mind but any club looking for a coach would be mad not to advertise you never know who might see it in this day and age of social media I think there will be a huge turnover of coaches in Bendigo league next year if what I hear is correct Golden Square may be the only club that have the exact same head coach as this year Maryborough with co coaches Curnow to coach Sandhurst solo and all other clubs could have a new coach

I don’t think you’re doing your due diligence if you’re not advertising for a senior coach as a message like that can be spread far and wide. I would think they will get some great candidates as it seems like a well run club now administration wise. My concern is in putting a deadline in the post saying by the end of the season they want there coach appointed makes it hard for prospective coaches that are currently coaching a club atm tho.

In my experience the coaches you get through advertising are not the ones you want, especially at this level.

The most successful coaches either come from club contacts or are approached directly by the club, I can’t remember many times when a strong club advertised the position like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of clubs have it stated in their constitution that the coaching role must be advertised

And some clubs have it in the constitution that a coach can only coach for a length of 4 yrs

47-1 streak at the moment

5336dd52d102019d5dda6ecc4bbc9335.jpg

It's pretty easy to change isn't it? The cost of putting it in the paper, is hardly worth it.

I'd hope kangaroo flat have set out a committee to appoint a coach and work out what they stand for as a club. They've been in the wilderness nearly 20 years. They need a 3 year plan to sell to any perspective coach and actually show the footy world their fair dinkum

Unless they throw the kitchen sink at Echuca, Moama to join, I agree rochy is not going back, in fact they are more likely to drop down to a heathcote style league I'd think in 5 years, than ever go to back to bendigo,

I'd think marong and either white hills or huntly could join bendigo, and they'd look further south if they look to expand

Gisborne to Echuca will be one of the longest road trips in country Vic. Great spot thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Coaching advertisements please spare me the absolute waffle called the criteria. Almost have to graduate from NASA or wear a cape to meet some of the requirements. Seriously just go and source the best possible candidate and spare us all the lengthy jargon filled rubbish that I've seen lately!
Bloody oath. Good to see someone say it

Exactly any club worth their salt, should already know what they want and go out and have 10-15 guys on a wish list and start off with your top 3 to gauge their interest and sell the club.

Coaching adverts, were put in club constitutions for advertising, as that's how you used to get a big name coach from the vfl, asking for acceditation doesnt mean they can coach anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back