Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

As stated the bloke is a moron, and you can take it too the bank Kyneton will run out in round 1 with a Gisborne Premiership Player, A VAFA premier league forward ( who is on par with Cam Manuel), 21 year old straight from a VFL list / Ballarat football league and 2 brothers who have played much higher level than Bendigo footy, plus 3-4 locals returning!
End of Story
That's about 25 points right there for 9 guys, how do you fit the rest in under the points Bev?

You've put on here, they won't play finals this year as well, isn't that a waste with these recruits?

That's hard to say, depends where the league targets, first one should be maiden gully, if they look north it could be Echuca, moama and Rochy and if they look south it could be another Gisborne team and a Sunbury team
Sunbury joining Bendigo, why would we want to travel to Bendigo when there are much better comps much closer, you’re so delusional. I can confirm we lost one of our best players to Kyneton over the preseason, but left with our best wishes as he has decided to go play with some mates he has played TAC cup/ VFL with
What side do you follow?

That's about 25 points right there for 9 guys, how do you fit the rest in under the points Bev?

You've put on here, they won't play finals this year as well, isn't that a waste with these recruits?

Yeah Bev. It’s not like you have a conveyer belt of hand chosen 1 pointers like sandhurst (and they still under achieve ) !

Seriously how have they not won another 15 flags by hand selecting the best 40 kids every year out of a town of 120,000 people ! It’s an embarrassment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's hard to say, depends where the league targets, first one should be maiden gully, if they look north it could be Echuca, moama and Rochy and if they look south it could be another Gisborne team and a Sunbury team
New Gisborne Giants committed to RDFL for 2024, no way any team goes near Bendigo from Sunbury. They seem to think the EDFL is the go, which I don’t agree with, I think at least one club should be in RDFL but they won’t go to Bendigo

Yeah Bev. It’s not like you have a conveyer belt of hand chosen 1 pointers like sandhurst (and they still under achieve ) !

Seriously how have they not won another 15 flags by hand selecting the best 40 kids every year out of a town of 120,000 people ! It’s an embarrassment

And how do they get some devine right to hand select these kids?

What's stopping them going to Golden Square, South Bendigo, Eaglehawk, Kangaroo Flat, Strathfieldsaye, North Bendigo and so on?

And how do they get some devine right to hand select these kids?

What's stopping them going to Golden Square, South Bendigo, Eaglehawk, Kangaroo Flat, Strathfieldsaye, North Bendigo and so on?

Because the corrupt catholic school system is set up so that the teachers hand pick kids to send to sandhurst - even though they may be a junior from south or flat - when they get to under 16s the George Pell lovers zone in and it’s all over ! Pioneers and the teachers tell the kids to play there to get selected - if you don’t believe this then you are mad ! Mildura (1 kid in pioneers ) sandhurst / strath - 13 kids

It’s pretty simple to see where the alliances are

Because the corrupt catholic school system is set up so that the teachers hand pick kids to send to sandhurst - even though they may be a junior from south or flat - when they get to under 16s the George Pell lovers zone in and it’s all over ! Pioneers and the teachers tell the kids to play there to get selected - if you don’t believe this then you are mad ! Mildura (1 kid in pioneers ) sandhurst / strath - 13 kids

Pretty sure the pioneers coach spent a fair bit of time around Mildura, also a former South coach, I don't think he's picking them because they are Sandhurst or Strath players.

I think the maiden gully school will be having boarders to compete in the aps schools comp, so not sure they'll play for Sandhurst or pios if they get a scholarship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the Pioneers actually announced their squads yet. I see most of the others have but can’t find it on the Pioneers FB page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Maryborough /Castlemaine situation, it’s clear these two clubs aren’t sustainable in the league , both clubs would struggle to appear in the finals in the mcdfl with the way they are run !
Cut the cord now with them and branch out and entice some of the stronger well run clubs in the district leagues to make the step up to the big league.
Put both Maryborough and Castlemaine in the mcdfl , get rid of royal park and cambells creek for good.

Unless the positions on the board change then the league will stay stale !
Having people on the board with a clear alliance with a club and favouritism towards isn’t what’s needed !
Time to let the dead wood go and get people on board to start thinking outside the square not just looking at the league through their sand hurst coloured glasses !

Some real conspiracy theory stuff here

Some real conspiracy theory stuff here
For God's sake get out of Bendigo now Roota for your own safety.

The George Pell loving Catholics (both of them) control the entire population of Bendigo, all 140,000 of them including the teachers, the students and their God fearing parents. There's not a Presbyterian to seen!!!

For God's sake get out of Bendigo now Roota for your own safety.

The George Pell loving Catholics (both of them) control the entire population of Bendigo, all 140,000 of them including the teachers, the students and their God fearing parents. There's not a Presbyterian to seen!!!

I’ve packed the wagon and am ready to go

look at how they treated their coach, who took on the role when the club was in a world of hurt.

You keep saying this but I wonder if you know anything at all about what happened between the club and the coach? I don't pretend to know all the details either but I know some and from what I've heard the club did everything it could to resolve the issues and were left with no option in the end.

Describing Castlemaine as a basket case is completely unfair as well. Yes, they are in a deep on-field hole but the system has made that almost impossible to get out of without being financially irresponsible, which they have almost never been.

The club has been badly let down by the governing bodies at every level. They have been waiting for facilities upgrades at the Camp for 40 years. They paid $100,000 for a lighting upgrade when council wouldn't support them, only to see Newstead, Maldon and Harcourt receive the same lights without putting in a cent.

They have watched Bendigo clubs be given an extra wad of cash to spend on players by not paying their affiliation fees on time, allowing them to win premierships, while they never missed a payment.

AFL CV have provided them with no support, allowed other BFL clubs to pillage their junior stocks in football and netball and introduced nonsensical measures aiming at evening up the competition that have done exactly the opposite.

Despite all of this the club is financially sound, has the best women's football program in the region, is flying on the netball court and has the healthiest junior contingent of any club in the area. I'd like to see how many of the Bendigo clubs could have sustained themselves over a 15 year period like this on-field. I'll wager at least 3 of them would have gone out of existence or long left the BFL.

Trent
Who do you think will be the next 2-3 sides that will join the BFL

I'm not sure anyone would want to. The BFL isn't the prestigious competition it once was, and AFL CV has a reputation as being poorly run.

The likes of Sunbury aren't going to leave leagues run by the AFL Goldfields, which is a much better operation.

As stated the bloke is a moron, and you can take it too the bank Kyneton will run out in round 1 with a Gisborne Premiership Player, A VAFA premier league forward ( who is on par with Cam Manuel), 21 year old straight from a VFL list / Ballarat football league and 2 brothers who have played much higher level than Bendigo footy, plus 3-4 locals returning!
End of Story
Nothing
Watch this space , I’m hearing there are 6-7 and they are announcing nobody and keeping everyone at bay !
Losing magin is a big hole to fill , but have they already have him covered ?
magin, Driscoll, Phillips and Bartrop gone, all good players.

Sandhurst have had the benefit of getting most of the sandhurst Marist dockers juniors come across for under 18’s as well as Kennington sandhurst kids. I don’t reckon dockers have a side anymore so those kids hopefully have spread out to other sides. South moving to the kennington area would also hurt the slags in the long run. They will always have strong juniors and thirds but perhaps not as much dominance as previous decades lol
They also have the benefit with the head of the board having an interest in them as well , should not be in that position when you show complete favouritism and bias towards your own club

Sandhurst have had the benefit of getting most of the sandhurst Marist dockers juniors come across for under 18’s as well as Kennington sandhurst kids. I don’t reckon dockers have a side anymore so those kids hopefully have spread out to other sides. South moving to the kennington area would also hurt the slags in the long run. They will always have strong juniors and thirds but perhaps not as much dominance as previous decades lol

The commissions new tier 2 under 18s comp is apparently re-igniting the dockers.

They are trying to get all the players not good enough at square / strath / sandhurst to join this team but that won’t work.

Kids like identifying to a club so if they don’t make this grade they will go to the heathcote comp

That is pretty simple to me but the commission disagrees ???

I’m in the wrong job

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back