Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Salary cap just needs to go.

AFL Vic can’t enforce it anyway and I’m not sure they would want to if they could. As I understand it, the only clubs ever sanctioned have been as a result of self reporting.

If they were fair dinkum about it I suspect there wouldn’t be many flags without asterisks and they simply don’t want the bad pr.

Don’t say it’s a piss poor call when it’s the truth then. I’m sure there would be many more “proud” clubs around if they could or would cheat the cap by 200k

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
20 flags would suggest they have good networks to get players and even though they pay well, I'm not sure they outbid clubs either for players

Salary cap just needs to go.

AFL Vic can’t enforce it anyway and I’m not sure they would want to if they could. As I understand it, the only clubs ever sanctioned have been as a result of self reporting.

If they were fair dinkum about it I suspect there wouldn’t be many flags without asterisks and they simply don’t want the bad pr.
So we have metro clubs just blow country clubs away, before it was introduced metro clubs had the ability to pay double

So we have metro clubs just blow country clubs away, before it was introduced metro clubs had the ability to pay double

It’s just status quo though, every club is currently spending whatever amount they like at the moment.

AFL Vic has no investigative powers. They can’t access players financial records or compel them to participate in an interview. I think we’d all have heard what Fergus Greene’s deal is but there’s no way they are ever going to be able to prove it. And we’ve all heard the figures in the North Central or the blocks of land at Yarra and so on. You don’t need Sherlock Holmes to track this stuff but they still can’t do anything which shows the impotence.

It’s an absolute paper tiger. I keep saying it but the points is the only tool that will work. Use points in the right way and the spending will come down with it.

It’s just status quo though, every club is currently spending whatever amount they like at the moment.

AFL Vic has no investigative powers. They can’t access players financial records or compel them to participate in an interview. I think we’d all have heard what Fergus Greene’s deal is but there’s no way they are ever going to be able to prove it. And we’ve all heard the figures in the North Central or the blocks of land at Yarra and so on. You don’t need Sherlock Holmes to track this stuff but they still can’t do anything which shows the impotence.

It’s an absolute paper tiger. I keep saying it but the points is the only tool that will work. Use points in the right way and the spending will come down with it.
I haven't heard what Fergus is on. But ex afl players generally just out of the game command a 10k sign on plus minimum 2.5k a game. I'd doubt Fergus was close to that

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back