Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know if may well be a longshot but does anyone have any old copies of the following from the 80s or 90s that they are willing to part with?

I am over east in a few weeks and will be passing through Bendigo on Thursday May 30 and would love to secure one or more of as many of these as possible in my travels. If you can help me out, please send me a message.

Football Records from 1980s or 1990s
Bendigo (Footballer)
Bendigo-Golden City
Golden City
Heathcote (Yabba)
Kerang (Record)
Loddon Valley (El-Vee)
Maryborough-Castlemaine
Northern Dist (Record)

If that's remotely true just pack up the stumps, footy is dead

Would be a strong penalty but zero sympathy from me.

Easy way not to have an issue in the first place by just playing the game and not getting into off the ball scraps.

Some, if not most, of the stuff that happened in our day was just plain cowardly and I’m happy to see the dial turn the other way to remove it altogether.

Just watched the footage. Pulled down from behind. Bloke in front lands on him, appearing to lose his balance. No striking motion at all. Guessing the player coming down on top of him has knocked him out. Very stiff to receive any sanction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ALBURY surely you’ve been offered a spot on the AFL CV council ? You know the golden handshake surely

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wouldn't mind getting a golden handshake!

Margins we shall watch.

I initially thought the penalties to the Square players were too harsh, but if a player gets concussed in a sling tackle (or any way outside the rules) I can see tribunals are clearly going to come down hard. The message has been sent.

Wouldn't mind getting a golden handshake!

Margins we shall watch.

I initially thought the penalties to the Square players were too harsh, but if a player gets concussed in a sling tackle (or any way outside the rules) I can see tribunals are clearly going to come down hard. The message has been sent.
Would the penalties be less if it wasn’t a) the interleague captain on the receiving end, or b) the club impacted by the injury being a club that the league need to do everything they can to try keep them in the league moving forward?

So how were they graded? This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard a guy getting 7 weeks for that. I hope the square challenge both suspensions. Why didn't the addy have an article?
Careless/High contact/Severe impact is referred directly to tribunal so I guess both were that, if they weren't considered Intentional/High/Severe. After screen recording it and going frame by frame it looks like there's an elbow making contact with the head but it's right on the edge of the video so you can't really tell. Maybe witness statements combined with the footage resulted in the outcomes :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back