Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to play 2 club games to be able to play senior finals or 4 U18 games to play U18 finals
Thanks Old bomber. I take it there is also no limit on the number of games they can play for the Pioneers as well?

Do you also know the rules for VFL players? (There are a few such as Toma & Monti involved with that competition).

With the list of young players Strath have, and the quality coming through, I'm of the belief they are under achievers this year.
Strath didn't recruit alot based on their kids coming through, so either the kids aren't as good as suggested they may be at this stage( and that can change quickly in 12-24 months), or the game plan and coaching of the players isn't up to scratch? I'm not making the comment on the basis of 1 loss, just perception from outside of the year so far.
Is the coach re-signed for next year?

Is the coach re-signed for next year?

We beat you once in ten years and you want to sack the coach GG!

On a serious note, I wouldn’t be too concerned, thought they were pretty good yesterday. Biggest difference was they didn’t take chances in front of goal when they counted.
Would be interesting to see the result in better weather as well.

Jeez you Bendigo blokes can be sensitive. Camp is a shit hole, but it’s been around a bit longer and it still has covered areas that you can fit a crowd under and not need a telescope to see the game from, and it’s asphalted around the outside so you don’t have to walk through slop.
Bendigo council butchered Tannery Lane when they did it up.

Have to agree that most new developments are average from a footy spectator perspective.
First time I went to Strath I was expecting something special after seeing a heap of promo stuff about the Bendigo Bank partnership and I was pretty surprised to find a bit of a wasteland feeling to it. Terracing is a good thing but that's about it and it did seem a long way from the action. I may be wrong as I was there for junior games and pretty busy on the day.
This isn't a comment on the footy club. As I understand it most clubs have to take what is offered up or they get nothing.

Newstead's new facility looks great but the social rooms are tiny and there is no undercover standing room to watch the footy.
Lexton got a fantastic indoor community area, but again the outdoor has no decent undercover area.

Honestly it's a really simple requirement. Two or three tiers of standing, some seating at the fence and a roof/verandah that extends to the fence.
I know that there's plenty of new developments around after flood damage etc... Of the others which I haven't seen are there any really good ones from a spectator point of view?

As for The Camp proposed redevelopment. It will be a better position on the wing. The players facilities look pretty good. But again no verandah over the timber bench seating or really anywhere else (some small eaves). The current facility provides heaps of undercover viewing right up to the fence. I'm not sure the council will just let Butch build a verandah on the new one by stealth.

Footy and netball are winter sports and a roof to cover a couple of hundred people should be among the top of the list. Otherwise you end up with no atmosphere and people just staying in their cars or leaving as soon as whichever netball or footy game they had a particular interest in is finished.

We beat you once in ten years and you want to sack the coach GG!

On a serious note, I wouldn’t be too concerned, thought they were pretty good yesterday. Biggest difference was they didn’t take chances in front of goal when they counted.
Would be interesting to see the result in better weather as well.
I came over with Robbo in '14 Forest and I'm pretty sure yesterday would have been the win against them since then. What was the record prior to that ?

I came over with Robbo in '14 Forest and I'm pretty sure yesterday would have been the win against them since then. What was the record prior to that ?

It was Castlemaines first win ever at Strathfieldsaye

Just one thing that was being talked about yesterday was the jumper clash. Especially the long sleeves that ever second bloke was wearing

Have to agree that most new developments are average from a footy spectator perspective.
First time I went to Strath I was expecting something special after seeing a heap of promo stuff about the Bendigo Bank partnership and I was pretty surprised to find a bit of a wasteland feeling to it. Terracing is a good thing but that's about it and it did seem a long way from the action. I may be wrong as I was there for junior games and pretty busy on the day.
This isn't a comment on the footy club. As I understand it most clubs have to take what is offered up or they get nothing.

Newstead's new facility looks great but the social rooms are tiny and there is no undercover standing room to watch the footy.
Lexton got a fantastic indoor community area, but again the outdoor has no decent undercover area.

Honestly it's a really simple requirement. Two or three tiers of standing, some seating at the fence and a roof/verandah that extends to the fence.
I know that there's plenty of new developments around after flood damage etc... Of the others which I haven't seen are there any really good ones from a spectator point of view?

As for The Camp proposed redevelopment. It will be a better position on the wing. The players facilities look pretty good. But again no verandah over the timber bench seating or really anywhere else (some small eaves). The current facility provides heaps of undercover viewing right up to the fence. I'm not sure the council will just let Butch build a verandah on the new one by stealth.

Footy and netball are winter sports and a roof to cover a couple of hundred people should be among the top of the list. Otherwise you end up with no atmosphere and people just staying in their cars or leaving as soon as whichever netball or footy game they had a particular interest in is finished.
Agree whole heartedly there must be under cover verandah at castlemaine’s new facility. Otherwise it’s a waste of time. Nothing better than hearing good atmosphere at a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Castlemaine have an alternate jumper?

Time for another episode of why it is called the ‘Bendigo’ Football League.

When the Strath proposal was before the league the jumper clash was raised and at the meeting we requested a condition of entry be they introduce a clash jumper for all games against us, both home and away. Alternatively, they could have changed their jumper or colours to get rid of the clash.

At that time we were about to have a 150th celebration and wore a special jumper marking the original design which was more like Carlton. Because of that the league said there was no need for a jumper change or clash jumper despite us making it very clear we would return to the black and white stripes once the 150th jumper cycle was completed.

As such it will be a warm day in Kyneton before we ever spend a cent on a clash strip.

Look forward to the BFNL board coming out this week on how they are going to assist Maryborough to not fold - you’d have to expect them to say something soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Look forward to the BFNL board coming out this week on how they are going to assist Maryborough to not fold - you’d have to expect them to say something soon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Realistically what do you expect the board to do? If unfortunately Maryborough cant continue I dont think at this stage how any concessions can help them. Give them unlimited cap and unlimited points and thats just a stop gap, does Flat or South then say hay what about us? This hasnt happened overnight, unfortunatly if they cant survive in their current form then that is a fact.

Time for another episode of why it is called the ‘Bendigo’ Football League.

When the Strath proposal was before the league the jumper clash was raised and at the meeting we requested a condition of entry be they introduce a clash jumper for all games against us, both home and away. Alternatively, they could have changed their jumper or colours to get rid of the clash.

At that time we were about to have a 150th celebration and wore a special jumper marking the original design which was more like Carlton. Because of that the league said there was no need for a jumper change or clash jumper despite us making it very clear we would return to the black and white stripes once the 150th jumper cycle was completed.

As such it will be a warm day in Kyneton before we ever spend a cent on a clash strip.

Righto Eddie McGuire.

In my opinion every club should have a clash strip just in case. Very easy to do now with reversible guernseys now being produced

The thing that always gets me is that there's a lot of councils - metro and country - who just simply don't have a feel for what metro and country football rooms should look like and that's why they always have that contrived community centre feel about it. Makes it too easy for councils to justify not having to build two separate buildings but it takes away so much of the soul from clubs at the same time.

Realistically what do you expect the board to do? If unfortunately Maryborough cant continue I dont think at this stage how any concessions can help them. Give them unlimited cap and unlimited points and thats just a stop gap, does Flat or South then say hay what about us? This hasnt happened overnight, unfortunatly if they cant survive in their current form then that is a fact.

Exactly, the board and the hub should be about the macro, not the micro.

If Maryborough fold they will have blood on their hands because of their incompetence and inactivity over the past 15 years, not the past few months.

The thing that always gets me is that there's a lot of councils - metro and country - who just simply don't have a feel for what metro and country football rooms should look like and that's why they always have that contrived community centre feel about it. Makes it too easy for councils to justify not having to build two separate buildings but it takes away so much of the soul from clubs at the same time.

The community centre aspect is in some ways due to the fact that it’s much easier to secure funding and grants etc if the facility is multi purpose and for all the community not just a football club

The community centre aspect is in some ways due to the fact that it’s much easier to secure funding and grants etc if the facility is multi purpose and for all the community not just a football club
Indeed. It's a lot of give and take.

Wedderburn has just got a $7.3 million dollar clubroom setup. Was told by a Wedderburn bloke the footy club had no input was all done through the shire office

Wedderburn has just got a $7.3 million dollar clubroom setup. Was told by a Wedderburn bloke the footy club had no input was all done through the shire office

they would’ve had input, but it would be questionable how much the local government guys would’ve listened.

Front doors of the rooms aren’t big enough to carry someone in on a stretcher, for a start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back