Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not critical of the individuals out there having a go, there are systemic issues with the umpiring association that are well known to the board and the hub.

They’ve turned a blind eye to it and as a result umpiring has suffered.

Pretty much Hub management 101, ignore everything and do nothing.

Bourkey from the addy will get his Xmas bonus from the board. A night away at quest in Echuca on the house ! What a pathetic article telling everyone to focus on the good. Sandhurst won every grade of footy and 2 grades of netball. Equalisation at its finest. And he has declared Broadford are in. Those 2 teams today beat them by 350 points

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bourkey from the addy will get his Xmas bonus from the board. A night away at quest in Echuca on the house ! What a pathetic article telling everyone to focus on the good. Sandhurst won every grade of footy and 2 grades of netball. Equalisation at its finest. And he has declared Broadford are in. Those 2 teams today beat them by 350 points

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If gisborne leave and broadford come in. It will go down as the death of bendigo footy. 30 years ago bendigo footy was the premier comp in the state. I agree any chance we get a decent article relating to the state of the game. Two good sides played in thr grand final. I don't think any of the other sides in the 5, make finals in the gv, oandm, Geelong, Ballarat, Gippsland leagues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Sandhurst today. Great effort by all involved although a fair degree of non interest in the result from the crowd today and people I spoke to as they all were talking about the predicament of the league with the same teams in finals each year. I also thought the crowd was disappointing which is probably due to the state of the league and a fair degree of apathy amongst the football community in the region.

Was speaking to people today who said it was likely Gisborne won’t be in the league in 2025. The Broadford situation and the movement of Melton South has seen the club expedite a move to Ballarat.

As for Broadford, they will be going around in some form in 2025, what a terrible decision by the power brokers. I have given up stating my thoughts on this. I can tell you it will be a ‘told you so’ moment which it all goes pear shaped (which it will).

The umpiring was not good all day although it had no impact on the senior result. Whilst I know my club isn’t going to receive the best ones, the standard has declined significantly over the past few years. No disrespect to the coach but he needs to go as he has been there way past his use by date. Change is certainly needed in an effort to improve the standard and attract new umpires. Seeing the same guys year after year in finals is not a good thing for umpiring in the region. The lack of protection of the ball player has been an issue all year and was evident again today.

Last edited:
I’m not critical of the individuals out there having a go, there are systemic issues with the umpiring association that are well known to the board and the hub.

They’ve turned a blind eye to it and as a result umpiring has suffered.

Pretty much Hub management 101, ignore everything and do nothing.

The umpires didn’t beat Gisborne today…they had too many blokes who didn’t have a go when I counted

Bourkey from the addy will get his Xmas bonus from the board.

Talks about every club in the competition except Castlemaine. Guess Bourkey is a keen reader here, one thing is for sure, we will be around a lot longer than your declining rag is.

I can tell you it will be a ‘told you so’ moment which it all goes pear shaped (which it will).

although a fair degree of non interest in the result from the crowd today

How many told you so moments have there been and yet they still don’t get it.

Went to every finals game bar one and it is easily the lowest crowds and least atmosphere in the past 40 years. Maybe when they add up the revenue the penny might drop.

Talks about every club in the competition except Castlemaine. Guess Bourkey is a keen reader here, one thing is for sure, we will be around a lot longer than your declining rag is.

How many told you so moments have there been and yet they still don’t get it.

Went to every finals game bar one and it is easily the lowest crowds and least atmosphere in the past 40 years. Maybe when they add up the revenue the penny might drop.

Stop going then if you don’t like it.

Continued negativity isn’t going to solve anything is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back