Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Who from Moama said that?
Moama would be a highly attractive option for the Bendigo and GV leagues.

Bendigo is likely to be an eight-team competition in 2025 after losing Kyneton to the Riddell District league and Maryborough to recess in the last two years.

But recently accepting Broadford into the league could potentially scuttle Bendigo being able to attract Moama due to the two-hour travel between the two towns.

Moama would develop an instant cross-river rivalry with Echuca if it joined the GV league.

But it's OK to travel to Seymour and Mansfield.
Seymour is closer! Mansfield is a tourist town and has a lot more to offer than Broadford for a weekend away.There are also more clubs closer to Moama than those in the Bendigo league. Echuca, Tatura, Mooroopna , Swans, United, Rochy, Bears all within an hour.

I can't imagine the 10 minutes difference between Broadford and Seymour is a deal breaker.

Or that the extra half an hour to Mansfield is looked fondly on because it's a "tourist" town. Drive up Saturday, play footy, stay the night, drive home Sunday. Not a lot of time to see the wonderful sites of Mansfield.

I can't imagine the 10 minutes difference between Broadford and Seymour is a deal breaker.

Or that the extra half an hour to Mansfield is looked fondly on because it's a "tourist" town. Drive up Saturday, play footy, stay the night, drive home Sunday. Not a lot of time to see the wonderful sites of Mansfield.
I'm only going off what has been written. As stated you have at least 7 clubs within a 50 min driven the GV. The BFL has one club 2 hours away with no coach, players or a snowflakes chance in hell of being competitive in the BFL. A lot of Echuca people make a weekend of it in Mansfield. I'm pretty sure Moama people would do the same thing.

I'm only going off what has been written. As stated you have at least 7 clubs within a 50 min driven the GV. The BFL has one club 2 hours away with no coach, players or a snowflakes chance in hell of being competitive in the BFL. A lot of Echuca people make a weekend of it in Mansfield. I'm pretty sure Moama people would do the same thing.
And I'm pointing out how absurd it is trying to pin anything Moama do or don't do on Broadford is.

They aren't going to make a decision based on travelling to one club that's not even the furtherest away from the 2 leagues they're rumoured to be looking at.

The rest of the post (7 clubs closer etc) all makes sense. But would GV want another snout in their trough?

What a steaming pile of crap. You’re a better poster than that, Trent.

That’s just playing the person instead of making a salient debate. Low fruit.

No disputing that whatsoever but it’s also true teams outside the finals can be in better form and condition than teams that qualify.

Brisbane and Sydney are great examples this year, Sydney had a much superior season but Brisbane was going when it counted.
Fair point forrest, I enjoy your views on footy

And I'm pointing out how absurd it is trying to pin anything Moama do or don't do on Broadford is.

They aren't going to make a decision based on travelling to one club that's not even the furtherest away from the 2 leagues they're rumoured to be looking at.

The rest of the post (7 clubs closer etc) all makes sense. But would GV want another snout in their trough?
I get that but its what was written. The GV needs remigration. The local derby between Echuca and Moama would be fantastic for the GV and those two clubs.As I stated before, Mansfield actually has a club with coaches and players and it is a significant tourist town, especially in the winter months.

I get that but its what was written. The GV needs remigration. The local derby between Echuca and Moama would be fantastic for the GV and those two clubs.As I stated before, Mansfield actually has a club with coaches and players and it is a significant tourist town, especially in the winter months.
I get it was written. That doesn't absolve it from criticism.

It's even more incorrect if Broadford never gets up yes?

Why would Moama care about a trip they're never going to make?

Last edited:
I get it was written. That doesn't absolve it from criticism.

It's even more incorrect if Broadford never gets up yes?
Yes....but let's remember the BFL has accepted the Broadford football club at this point in time. Let's also remember they should've also applied for an AFL 9's competition in which they may have been somewhat competitive in!

Yes....but let's remember the BFL has accepted the Broadford football club at this point in time. Let's also remember they should've also applied for an AFL 9's competition in which they may of been competitive in!
Broadford still need to show they can be viable. And the concerns on that is perfectly valid but irrelevant to my point that Moama aren't saying no to Bendigo over travel that's less than what they'd face in GV.

And fwiw mate only a small point but one that's irrationally irritating to me.

BFNL

As I said I know it's not rational to get bent out of shape over it but let's not forget the netball.

Broadford still need to show they can be viable. And the concerns on that is perfectly valid but irrelevant to my point that Moama aren't saying no to Bendigo over travel that's less than what they'd face in GV.

And fwiw mate only a small point but one that's irrationally irritating to me.

BFNL

As I said I know it's not rational to get bent out of shape over it but let's not forget the netball.
Hahaha..my bad, apologies!

Broadford don't have a great reputation as a club. They've never played major league footy, they were in recession. Why would Moama think the bendigo league is a good idea if the league thinks broadford are a good idea. The bfl would actually have more appeal than the gv as most kids go to bendigo or Melbourne for work rather than east. It's an 1 hour drive to bendigo from echuca. The league has shot themselves in the foot with broadford or should I say afl vic for pushing this agenda and watching a league go to shambles, where now they'll lose far better options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back