Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
think u r spot on, albury ... about the big floggings in the bfl

as 4 my tiges: no jimmy condos, no tiges
and now razor ray harrison want to go bak to the ess. dfl --- he got 7 goals not that long bak
hope ox law can tell us wots going on @ tigerland

No need to start laying the boots in, Doc.

Let's not forget that not so long ago Sandhurst couldn't have beaten 3 fat chicks and a midget.

Castlemaine are slowly improving and with South only just going last week I reckon it will be a lot closer than that.

Not really enjoying the taste of these words.

Very disappointing day, cold, wet and miserable and probably the worst opposition crowd at the Camp in the club's history.

May sound like sour grapes but does anyone actually support South? I counted 3 South people in the rooms after the game. Pretty poor.

To his credit Paul Eyles is sticking strong with his vision to rebuild the team and has maintained an even keel. Very important in the situation the club is in to have a good coach and committee and we have that.

Going to be a very long year though.

and now razor ray harrison want to go bak to the ess. dfl --- he got 7 goals not that long bak
Have heard on the grapevine that the real reasons that both Cummings and Harrison are leaving the club is due to the club's inability to meet their match payments. Any truth to this ???

The word is Albury that James Couzens may not get back this year and another ruckman will be at Dragons before the end of the month....

Stay Tuned Hoops man! I heard a whisper at the Den myself.

Decent win yestie by the Dragons against Gisborne, we need to get on a bit of roll and hopefully grab a double chance as I have a sneaking suspicision that we are as well positioned as any side to trouble the Big Square Dogs come finals time, with the way we played last time against them.

Duescher is a big game player, and if our swag of young guns including the Coggie boys can play with confidence we could sneak through the gate for a big September. Few shades of 04 but alot of work to be done yet also.

Any tips for the Michelsen yet boys?

Decent win yestie by the Dragons against Gisborne, we need to get on a bit of roll and hopefully grab a double chance as I have a sneaking suspicision that we are as well positioned as any side to trouble the Big Square Dogs come finals time, with the way we played last time against them.

Duescher is a big game player, and if our swag of young guns including the Coggie boys can play with confidence we could sneak through the gate for a big September. Few shades of 04 but alot of work to be done yet also.

Have seen lots of games this year I think that the only real challenge to Square dogs is the Hurst. If they can get a class ruckman I think they can win it. Duescher, Holmes, Coghlan x2, give them the class. Fitzgerald is a must to put pressure on the backline of the dogs. If they have some $$$$ go to A grade amatuers, especially teams down the bottom four and get a Ruckman and another forward, dont forget McMeekin was from the Ammos.

I think the colt from colbo is home and hosed for the Michelsen:):):)

At the conclusion of the 2009 season the BFL promised the Gisborne football club incentives to stay in the BFL.

Can someone please confirm if these incentives have been provided by the league.

Also will the league investergate the incident where a Gisborne player on Saturday struck the Boundary rider for the Fresh during the senior match.

At the conclusion of the 2009 season the BFL promised the Gisborne football club incentives to stay in the BFL.

Can someone please confirm if these incentives have been provided by the league.

Also will the league investergate the incident where a Gisborne player on Saturday struck the Boundary rider for the Fresh during the senior match.
The 'alledged incident' was mentioned by the Fresh team in their after match summary so there seems to be something to it. However I think for the League to investigate the incident either Fresh or their boundary rider would need to make a complaint.
(If it was me and I felt it was deliberate I would certainly be taking the matter further).

At Sandhurst it appears Cozens injury is a long term one (hope I am wrong) so if they were ever going to recruit a ruckman now is the time. Like many supporters I would love to see a FIT Mark Fitzgerald back but now look at this as being an unexpected bonus rather than an expectation.

With Essendon suffering 3 major injuries on the weekend (and resulting promotions from the Bombers) Bendigo players such as Ben Duscher must be a real chance to be selected by the Bombers next week.

With Essendon suffering 3 major injuries on the weekend (and resulting promotions from the Bombers) Bendigo players such as Ben Duscher must be a real chance to be selected by the Bombers next week.
you are spot on he will no wednesday as he has been told by grant him self he is the next to go in :thumbsu:

My 3 at the moment would be Weeks, Deuscher and Stroobants. But it may be Weeks' as you would think both the other 2 would get Bomber call ups soon....
Heard Fresh speak of a push or something..I thought they were joking, reckon there was something in it?? Pretty sure the player was Pokrovsky

My 3 at the moment would be Weeks, Deuscher and Stroobants. But it may be Weeks' as you would think both the other 2 would get Bomber call ups soon....
Heard Fresh speak of a push or something..I thought they were joking, reckon there was something in it?? Pretty sure the player was Pokrovsky
pretty sure Weeks is not on the Bombers list. Duescher for mine. While we're on that, Hurst may struggle in the finals as the Bombers look like making the 8. Once they get there, the 12-10 rule applies. Duescher and Holmes would be in for sure you'd reckon, along with Bristow and Stroobants

pretty sure Weeks is not on the Bombers list. Duescher for mine. While we're on that, Hurst may struggle in the finals as the Bombers look like making the 8. Once they get there, the 12-10 rule applies. Duescher and Holmes would be in for sure you'd reckon, along with Bristow and Stroobants

No Weeks isnt on the list, I said the other two (Deuscher and Stroobants) will get a call....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the days getting shorter wouldn't be logic to start the under at 10:15am instead of 10:45. This may result in the seniors being able to start on time.

Also why has the league reduced the playing times of the u18 and reserves, last year it was 2x20m first half then 2x25m second half, now it is 4x20m.

i doubt bristow and stroobants will be in the hunt. collins from rochester has been in blistering form so you may find he is chosen over these boys! could be wrong tho, ive watched alot more gv footy his yr than bendigo:eek:

Hi Bob,
I can tell you whats going on at tigerland. All players are on performance contracts some go up some go down. All players get paid 20% tuesday & Thursday for attending training and 60 % game day.
Players are aware of this as it is in there contract. Which they sign and agree too. Some come up and think it will be easy to get a kick and find its a bit hard than they think and they get alot of pressure put on them from the clubs they have been at to come back if they are going well other clubs looking for a late recruit target them. Some just don't enjoy the travel (Easier if you are winning) and they want out. If 1-8 was 4-5 things maybe different and there were probaly 3 winning games there. The 3 kids from the under 18s saturday all done some good things. Put on top of that another 8 under 21 games into these will bve important if you can keep them.
Ray has no problems with the club he just feels with his work commitments and travel he would like to go back to Oak Park. This was said before he kicked 7 against the Storm. We are trying to work something out for the best for both clubs.
Football has changed alot and players will come and go alot more. Our club has to try and look outside the square and have some good incentives for our locals to stay and have some top line recruits.
Our juniors have to be worked out. The same problem occurs you try and go in and change thinks and people hope for instant sucess. This aint going to happen we need more people to put there hands up and get of there arses to help. Actions speak louder than words.

Hi Bob,
I can tell you whats going on at tigerland. All players are on performance contracts some go up some go down. All players get paid 20% tuesday & Thursday for attending training and 60 % game day.
Players are aware of this as it is in there contract. Which they sign and agree too. Some come up and think it will be easy to get a kick and find its a bit hard than they think and they get alot of pressure put on them from the clubs they have been at to come back if they are going well other clubs looking for a late recruit target them. Some just don't enjoy the travel (Easier if you are winning) and they want out. If 1-8 was 4-5 things maybe different and there were probaly 3 winning games there. The 3 kids from the under 18s saturday all done some good things. Put on top of that another 8 under 21 games into these will bve important if you can keep them.
Ray has no problems with the club he just feels with his work commitments and travel he would like to go back to Oak Park. This was said before he kicked 7 against the Storm. We are trying to work something out for the best for both clubs.
Football has changed alot and players will come and go alot more. Our club has to try and look outside the square and have some good incentives for our locals to stay and have some top line recruits.
Our juniors have to be worked out. The same problem occurs you try and go in and change thinks and people hope for instant sucess. This aint going to happen we need more people to put there hands up and get of there arses to help. Actions speak louder than words.
Fatman, thank you for your comments - they are always informative and help prevent stupid rumors about they club. Your commitment also stands out.

One question - what about players who are based outside the area, such as Melbourne. Wouldn't it be a bit hard on them to be expected to train in Kyneton twice a week when they have work (and perhaps study) commitments?

Do you have players that trains (together?) in Melbourne - what is the go there?

Fatman, thank you for your comments - they are always informative and help prevent stupid rumors about they club. Your commitment also stands out.

One question - what about players who are based outside the area, such as Melbourne. Wouldn't it be a bit hard on them to be expected to train in Kyneton twice a week when they have work (and perhaps study) commitments?

Do you have players that trains (together?) in Melbourne - what is the go there?
omg ox you and the club have spent alot of money on these players already. razor like jimmy are becoming crowd favourites in kyneton. that is a big loss for the club , liam is another ? please not him too. and i guess the loss of kenny is in house ? mmmmmm

But 7 players leaving?, Thats pretty big.

Struggling to follow the Kyneton saga here a little, Ray Harrison has fled the coup, has anyone else definately left Tigerland yet?

The Saturday Night games were a hit early in the year, and we had Sunday ones going too which were quite popular. I understand that due to the cold weather the Sat nite games are out but I would have thought there was still a market for regular Sunday games especially given the District League dont do it. What do people think?

Personally I think it's a great way to spend a Sunday, head along to a local game with a few mates and have a quiet beer or two. We all know that alot of Saty arvo matches in the BFL aren't very well attended.

Struggling to follow the Kyneton saga here a little, Ray Harrison has fled the coup, has anyone else definately left Tigerland yet?

The Saturday Night games were a hit early in the year, and we had Sunday ones going too which were quite popular. I understand that due to the cold weather the Sat nite games are out but I would have thought there was still a market for regular Sunday games especially given the District League dont do it. What do people think?

Personally I think it's a great way to spend a Sunday, head along to a local game with a few mates and have a quiet beer or two. We all know that alot of Saty arvo matches in the BFL aren't very well attended.

Strathfieldsaye is one of the few clubs who have proactively pushed for Sunday games, for the reasons that you have mentioned above. From what I hear at the club, gate, bar and kiosk takings are much better on a Sunday as opposed to Saturday home matches because more of the district players get to watch some footy. I think that the BFNL definately needs to push more Sunday games during the 2011 season if they are serious about increasing crowd attendances. This may upset some of the traditional Saturday footy patrons, but then again its now the 21st century and times have changed.....

Albury they all train in Kyneton. Jimmy and Liam are both injuried and should be back against South on the 19th. Ray has wanted to go back to Oak Park for a while due to work. Ray was great around the club attending all functions and seemingly enjoying himself. The club is disappointed that this has come about as you think the money could have been spent elsewhere. Ray will be cleared when the clubs agree to a settlement. To loss what we have has been a shock. It will all be looked at for the next season in coming months.
The eye opener for a few around is the amount needed to be there abouts in the league. The committee need another 6-8 workers on top of what they have at the moment. The amount of work to run a club is getting absurd. Our club probaly like most will have to consider employing someone full time to look after paperwork, sponsors match days and to look after the rooms to try and get extra revenue streams.
What shits me is lazy arse reporters who get on a computer and look up clearances and make assumptions of a mass walk out. They bundle everyone into the same reasons for leaving. One player went back to play his own age group due to us not having under 16s. 2 Others had not played for us for the last 2 years. What about asking of some of the positives like the 95 ladies who had a great day raising money for the pink footy day both local and Golden Square ladies.
I have no doubt our club has alot of issues to sort through. From our juniors to why players leave. Alot forget 17 players left in 2009 most local and all went and played in sides that played in at least one final. The club nearly folded and is still trying to get things right. Sucess is not going to come over night. We have to build a club that people want to be at. We have a small group of people that are trying there guts out.

MCDFNL have some Sunday fixtures coming up..

Its good to see Kyneton is still remaining passionate under the circumstances... Hopefully their locals are getting behind them and supporting the club!

Are the rumors true.... That their netball teams could end up in the top 5!! That has to be a positive for Kyneton - hope the boys are supporting the girls!!

PS - A Sunday arvo match - could that be a revenue stream for Kyneton to look at??

PS - A Sunday arvo match - could that be a revenue stream for Kyneton to look at??

Personally speaking, I hate Sunday matches. The majority of us have to work the next day and I find it very difficult to get going the day after a game of footy. We have had a couple this year and I know a few of the boys have struggled to get to work on Monday. I also think you would find bar sales wouldn't be as strong.

What I think would be better for the likes of Castlemaine and Kyneton is for the BFL to assist in every way possible to get lights at their grounds at a standard that allow playing matches. That might be through lobbying for grants on their behalf or contributing to cost or whatever.

It would allow those clubs the chance to differentiate themselves from the district games (and also benefit those clubs through better gates), and would give them the chance to attract 100% of the local footy crowds.

It may well be a little chilly in mid winter but if Castlemaine had the option of a few Friday/Saturday night games early and late season I would envisage the gates, bar takings, kiosk etc going up by at least 25% and probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back