Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who goes in favourite tomorrow lads?
Always hard to read as league lists change so much each year
Much also depends on attitude..eg Bachus Marsh 2009( we were not given a chance)
Would like to think we should win and hope things dry out

Fly

Have the Dragons had much in the way of injuries so far ? and who could you least afford to loose ?

We've had a pretty good run so far so touch wood that continues. I suppose most say that Tim Martin would be the most valuable player maybe followed by Ryan Maldenis who has lived up to the Pre Season hype no worries at all.

We've got a few that could step up to the plate from the reserves who have been in steady form.
The approaching Sandhurst vs Square game should be a botler with Square starting to hit their straps.

Have heard on the 'Vine that Square are looking "west" to one of their stars from last years GF to head back for the latter half of the season.
Has anyone else heard any last minute recruiting activity prior to the 30 June deadline ?????

Well done to the inter league side on the weekend. Also a big well done to Milney. After having the career he has had he had every right to make himself unavailable however he wanted to play and boy didn't it show. Corey Jones you are also a gun. Well done agin to all involved

It's been a good turn around for the Bendigo League after all of the departures early in the off Season and the talk about the Comp weakening off. Some great players were recruited in and the Interleague win is the icing on the cake.

Back into the Home and Away Series this week with some big games on the calendar

Big test for the Dragons with Square just starting to get going. If Jones plays like he did Saturday he will be hard to stop.
Gisborne get a chance to show they are in contention when they cop a visit from Strath.
South will fancy landing two wins in a row when they go to Castlemaine although there prob wont be much in it.
Eaglehawk will look to keep in touch with the top 5 with win over Maryborough.
K/Flat and Kyneton meet in what is really important to both clubs.

Tips- Sandhurst by 12 points.
Strath by 25 points.
South by 16 points.
Eaglehawk by 44 points.
Kyneton by 13 points.

Anyone else boys?

Gisborne linked into this talk of a new league for Sunbury/Melton area.

www.bit.ly/1lNPqUG
It does not surprise me as makes sense based on locations
Bigger issue for AFL Vic is getting player payments down and player retension of 16-18 yr olds
I don't know how clubs can pay what they do and be sustainable regardless of the Leauges they are in

G'day fellas, just wondering what the go is with Matt O'toole this year? Heard that he might be going back to play at ultima with his brothers this year at the start of the year but haven't heard much more. True legend of the game

Also I heard that nathan brown formally of richmond and the bulldogs is a chance to rejoin golden square. Any truth to this?

Also I heard that nathan brown formally of richmond and the bulldogs is a chance to rejoin golden square. Any truth to this?
Have not heard that one but beside a one off game what would he have to offer ?
Been out of the game a few years now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also a whisper coming out of the Maryborough Camp that they will seriously looking at moving on. Options would be limited if you can't compete in Bendigo you will probably struggle in Ballarat so Central Highlands which is massive already or the Maryborough League become the other options. I think they should be viable in the Bendigo League but they need to push harder and smarter with their fundraising to compliment the locals with some quality players.

Also a whisper coming out of the Maryborough Camp that they will seriously looking at moving on. Options would be limited if you can't compete in Bendigo you will probably struggle in Ballarat so Central Highlands which is massive already or the Maryborough League become the other options. I think they should be viable in the Bendigo League but they need to push harder and smarter with their fundraising to compliment the locals with some quality players.

I just think there are too many clubs over there

There was talk of a Maryborough United club forming from the three clubs in the town. Had merit, but was logistically too tough for the locals to handle. This is where the AFL Central Victoria body should be helping out.

There was talk of a Maryborough United club forming from the three clubs in the town. Had merit, but was logistically too tough for the locals to handle. This is where the AFL Central Victoria body should be helping out.

Should Maryborough just go in the MCDFL? There would be strong interest with so many teams so close. Question is probably answered for them if they dont have an administration that can push their player budget up to a competitive level.

Should Maryborough just go in the MCDFL? There would be strong interest with so many teams so close. Question is probably answered for them if they dont have an administration that can push their player budget up to a competitive level.
They'd fit into the North Central League better than the MCDFNL. That would allow them to still play in a Major League and they wouldn't have to come up with an Under 18 team.

I think there player budget would be better off if they didn't throw ridiculous amounts of money at average players. I know of one player getting over $300 a game and he is just a fringe player at major league level.

They'd fit into the North Central League better than the MCDFNL. That would allow them to still play in a Major League and they wouldn't have to come up with an Under 18 team.

I think there player budget would be better off if they didn't throw ridiculous amounts of money at average players. I know of one player getting over $300 a game and he is just a fringe player at major league level.

The problem lies in when your team struggles you have to pay 'overs' for average players.. it's unfortunately the way things are nowadays

You would still be competing against Wederburn and there Bendigo side as well St Arnauds 8K- 12K a game for there flyins

You would still be competing against Wederburn and there Bendigo side as well St Arnauds 8K- 12K a game for there flyins
You would think the central highlands or mcdfl would be a good fit. They are a long way from the glory days of bond, sumner, tranter and the like. Looks like the locals are preferring to play in the local league. The demise of printing at maryborough has certainly affected the clubs spending budget.
Interesting if Tony's budget will impact the spending of clubs and what will happen to country footy when the money dries up in the future will players play without being payed

You would think the central highlands or mcdfl would be a good fit. They are a long way from the glory days of bond, sumner, tranter and the like. Looks like the locals are preferring to play in the local league. The demise of printing at maryborough has certainly affected the clubs spending budget.
Interesting if Tony's budget will impact the spending of clubs and what will happen to country footy when the money dries up in the future will players play without being payed

I think if you didnt bother playing in the Bendigo Comp you'd just go Maryborough not much point trying to cling to some sort of major league status because the 80 or 90k they are spending now wouldnt stack up to compete for flags in the Central Highlands or North Central. Thing is if they could get themselves up there things would swing and those talented locals in the MCDFL would be coming through the gate to play with the major league club on Premiership pace. Be interesting too see how it plays out.

Was out at K-Flat today to watch the roos take on the tigers. Awesome game, but all I can say is how bloody good is Ben Weightman? Literally won the game off his own boot in that last quarter after they were 20points down. Also number 4 for Kyneton, not sure of his name but gee he is a good footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back