Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

blooders holding special meeting 2nite, Monday, at club rooms not sure wot's on agenda
But players xpected 2 speak up
weightman's goal Sat. good but wot about carafa's running goal
also in the 3rd davis wooda loved that one

Lasted one year at maryborough.i think it was ment to be for 3 years. Said it was the travel. lasted what 5 weeks and all of a sudden has two much on? Was he ever a chance at sandhurst before fitzy??

What a balls up....what are the odds he coaches somewhere else in the region next season?

Possibly but surely not in the Bendigo League again. Maybe a Club struggling in the District Competitions might look at him but I think he commands a pretty big dollar as well. Be interesting to know if South have come to an agreement to pay him out or what the situation is.

Does the Flat need to worry about what South does with a new Coach
How often does a poorly performing team win the first week with a new Coach ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes might be an interesting game
Flat trying to say that last week was a one off and South trying to make a statement with a new coach

Can you Bendigo boys give me a run down on how Cory Greer has been going this season.
Mate,
Has fitted in well at the Flat and a inter league spot has been well earnt
Probably gets a bit more attention then at Yarra
But welcome addition to a side on the rise even if coming from a long way back
Has Yarra missed him ?

Was at the Strath game today and i've never seen such a competitive belting before. Its hard to explain but if the scoreboard wasn't next to me I would have said it would have been a lot closer. But in saying that Staths forward line just smashed in quick goals and Milney just made mince meat out of his opponent.

Though if Strathfieldsaye play any other team how they played today it would be the same result.

Last edited:
Mate,
Has fitted in well at the Flat and a inter league spot has been well earnt
Probably gets a bit more attention then at Yarra
But welcome addition to a side on the rise even if coming from a long way back
Has Yarra missed him ?
Thats great too hear he is a good lad and loves his footy.
Yeah i reckon Yarra are missing him has a big body now and has learnt a lot over the last couple of years.
Yarra made him earn his spot and i think it has beniffited.
Hope he keeps boring in

Travelled to Castlemaine today for the Clash between the Dragons and Pies and gee wizz have Castlemaine got some worries. 151 I think the final margin was and Im not sure we really hit anything like top gear. They continually turned the Footy over too us in simple ways ( Stuff like having possession from a mark and playing on and getting run straight down or handballing to someone who was lapped straight up or missing easy targets by hand and by foot) and there is only about 5 players in their team that would be on interest to a top Club in the league and even that may be generous. They've gone terribly backwards under Shane Robertson this year remember they pulled off some great performances at home last year against the top teams of the comp. They might need to make a tough decision at Seasons end and bring in a Coach that can bring in some quality players and possibly a playing Coach if money is tight to get a player and Coach. They haven't played finals since 05 and they are belly low and cant keep going like this. ( 4 x 120 plus point hidings already).

Liked the games of Skinny Wharton class play maker, Blair Holmes was super, Nick Stagg kept racking them up, Timmy Martin good again might have even snuck a vote in the Michelsen today to help his Back to Back campaign, Price was good and Mitch Dole flashed in and out and kicked a couple of ripper goals. Hard to believe that the team kicked 30 goals and big Haythorpe could only get 2. Like our chances next week against Gissy but should be a decent game.

What else is news around the Competition? Kyneton got a good old fashioned reality check I still reckon that 7 win mark will be pretty close by Season's end and that would be a good outcome as well. Flat firmly in the race for 5th by the looks of it.

Terrific round in the BFNL next weekend. Full of traditional rivals meeting and a lot at stake for all clubs in every game. Top of the ladder to be decided - bottom and final five likewise. Looking forward to hearing the predictions of Razor, Dragon Fly and others.

Terrific round in the BFNL next weekend. Full of traditional rivals meeting and a lot at stake for all clubs in every game. Top of the ladder to be decided - bottom and final five likewise. Looking forward to hearing the predictions of Razor, Dragon Fly and others.
Yes a good round indeed
Storm over Flat by ? ( depends on which Flat turns up and heard a couple injuries may hurt )
Maryborough over South by 25 ( always hard to beat at home)
Kyneton over Castlemaine by 40( to much at stake)
Sandhurst over Gisborne by 15 ( a cracker but QEO the difference)
Eaglehawk over Square by 10 ( another cracker but big bodies an issue for the Square)

Yes a good round indeed
Storm over Flat by ? ( depends on which Flat turns up and heard a couple injuries may hurt )
Maryborough over South by 25 ( always hard to beat at home)
Kyneton over Castlemaine by 40( to much at stake)
Sandhurst over Gisborne by 15 ( a cracker but QEO the difference)
Eaglehawk over Square by 10 ( another cracker but big bodies an issue for the Square)

Yes should be a ripper Round.
Storm to beat Flat by 11 goals. Their line up and form is getting stronger and stronger.
South have a much more talented list than Maryborough but the Pies do perform better at home on a consistent basis. Bloods by 14 points.
Kyneton to get back on the winners list by 75 points over Castlemaine. Weightman to make a mess of the Pies who have very limited scoring options.
The Dragons to win by 40 points over Gisborne. Reckon we are cherry ripe for this challenge.
Golden Square to win by 3 points. Corey Jones will keep getting better and could be a potential match winner with two pretty honest and even teams going at it.

Yes should be a ripper Round.
Storm to beat Flat by 11 goals. Their line up and form is getting stronger and stronger.
South have a much more talented list than Maryborough but the Pies do perform better at home on a consistent basis. Bloods by 14 points.
Kyneton to get back on the winners list by 75 points over Castlemaine. Weightman to make a mess of the Pies who have very limited scoring options.
The Dragons to win by 40 points over Gisborne. Reckon we are cherry ripe for this challenge.
Golden Square to win by 3 points. Corey Jones will keep getting better and could be a potential match winner with two pretty honest and even teams going at it.
Not sure about Strath and Flat being traditional rivals. Maybe they're playing for the Wilson cup perhaps ???

Anyway my predictions are as follows:

Strath by 15 goals
Maryborough by 3 goals over South
Kyneton to chalk up win no 3 against the Maine by 5 goals
Sandhurst in a tight one over the Gis dogs by 2 goals
And Eagleborough to beat the Square by 3 goals.

Was out at Maryborough today watching their game against South. Tight tussle all day but just as Maryborough look the better team, South stood up and kicked away. Not sure who number5 is for South but he is a jet.

Today's results probably confirmed what I suspected that Strath and Sandhurst are the front runners and Square the dark horses and only other flag chance. Our boys were brilliant and played some real quality football but Gisborne have some passengers and didnt dish up too much to be honest.

Strath flexed their muscles as well and Flat have come crashing down in recent weeks. Sounds like it was a battle but good on South for landing a win given their tough start to the Season.

Weightman got 6 for Kyneton in their win over the Maine what a star him Maldenis who has been flying for us, big Timmy Martin who won last year and Square's Jack Geary could all be sitting on the Michelsen Medal leaderboard from the bits and pieces Ive seen and followed in the media. Also be interesting too see if Milne is accumulating votes for the bags he has been kicking.

Any talking points around the league guys?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back