Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How does everyone think kyneton will go this yr and who thinks they will make the top 5 again? They have lost quality players. But picked up players to improve there depth to make a stronger 22 out on the park.
Also might of heard whispers one of those quality players may be returning...

If Weightman is coming back I'll revues my top 5
He snagged 73 in the Ron Best medal chase .... 2nd to the G Train
Might have to review my early top 5: Hurst, Square, Storm, Maine, Flat
And Tiges start the season with 3 home games [Gissy, South, Maine]
All very winnable Thanks for late Feb. info,

Looks as if a few Storm people have decided to get big footy recently and have their say! I certainly don't like a few individuals involved with the club but not sure why the majority of the league hates them they way they do. Have I missed something?

Im praying to god a team steps up and takes it to Sandhurst and Storm this season but I can't see it happening, Sandhurst are hungry and on a mission from all reports and Storm has kept their core group and recruited to replace. Even if they are 20% weaker then last year they will still be their Grand Final day they havent lost in 2 years.

Looks as if a few Storm people have decided to get big footy recently and have their say! I certainly don't like a few individuals involved with the club but not sure why the majority of the league hates them they way they do. Have I missed something?

Im praying to god a team steps up and takes it to Sandhurst and Storm this season but I can't see it happening, Sandhurst are hungry and on a mission from all reports and Storm has kept their core group and recruited to replace. Even if they are 20% weaker then last year they will still be their Grand Final day they havent lost in 2 years.

The Dragons have recruited well, but have also lost very good players in Zac East (terrific in the finals last year), Alex Pollock & Luke Ross. Square looks to have recruited very well with minimal losses. I think this season could be more open at the top end than recent years.

very happy to hear Weightman might b returning to Tiges
On the storm front shouldn't we pencil in Sharpie [Lachlan Sharp] as a leading goalkicker
He'd help Curnow, Jake Hall & Bartholomew in the front half
We know Ferguson has gone from CHF But presume Bartholomew still on the list

I hear that Strath have had another 2 senior players walk out since milne left a couple of weeks ago and premiership players like trollop donaldson and dowd have barely trained this pre season due to injury. I know Strath are good but they are not that good if this is the case.

I hear that Strath have had another 2 senior players walk out since milne left a couple of weeks ago and premiership players like trollop donaldson and dowd have barely trained this pre season due to injury. I know Strath are good but they are not that good if this is the case.
Excuse my ignorance- why has Milne left and is he playing elsewhere?

Hey guys. just a question a little of topic. being new to junior footy in bendigo but not bendigo itself I was looking to place my kid in a local team and after checking out a couple of teams I lobbed at south on the weekend to check them out as they are the most conveniently located team for my son. They had tents set up all over the oval, senior footballers and netballers in attendance and had been plugging the family day widely for weeks in various media outlets. So it seemed a little disconcerting that there were only a very small number of kids in attendance, in fact if you put the number of senior players and old club hangers on together they clearly out numbered the kids by some margin.

When I asked to talk to the head coach of the under 14s, Peter Tyack I think it was? I was told he wasn't even in attendance, whats the go with that? I found a parent of another under 14's player off to the side and inquired into the chances of my son playing in his side and was quietly told that my son had Buckley's chance of getting into that side regardless of talent as this team was made up of mostly sons of ex-players that formed some kind of old boys club.

Does this ring true to any others on here? I did some back ground and checked the junior clearances and have seen that eleven players have been cleared, four of whom are junior listed academy players and not many players have come in. Is there a stench at this club and if so which club would best treat and look after junior players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a couple of parents of kids who play in the younger grades there and I've never heard of this, but that's not to say that it is not happening. I've not really heard anything good or bad about South juniors to be honest.

I know a couple of parents of kids who play in the younger grades there and I've never heard of this, but that's not to say that it is not happening. I've not really heard anything good or bad about South juniors to be honest.
thanks

Hey guys. just a question a little of topic. being new to junior footy in bendigo but not bendigo itself I was looking to place my kid in a local team and after checking out a couple of teams I lobbed at south on the weekend to check them out as they are the most conveniently located team for my son. They had tents set up all over the oval, senior footballers and netballers in attendance and had been plugging the family day widely for weeks in various media outlets. So it seemed a little disconcerting that there were only a very small number of kids in attendance, in fact if you put the number of senior players and old club hangers on together they clearly out numbered the kids by some margin.

When I asked to talk to the head coach of the under 14s, Peter Tyack I think it was? I was told he wasn't even in attendance, whats the go with that? I found a parent of another under 14's player off to the side and inquired into the chances of my son playing in his side and was quietly told that my son had Buckley's chance of getting into that side regardless of talent as this team was made up of mostly sons of ex-players that formed some kind of old boys club.

Does this ring true to any others on here? I did some back ground and checked the junior clearances and have seen that eleven players have been cleared, four of whom are junior listed academy players and not many players have come in. Is there a stench at this club and if so which club would best treat and look after junior players.

South juniors are very well run, with some of the best coaches in the comp, add the new facilities over the next few years and you can't go wrong! The only negative that I see is a discount btw junior and senior club but I know that is being worked on.

United will be hoping the wear and tear Physically and Mentally of playing his 3rd Season in a row doesn't cut down his impact.

Have seen many a player go north to Darwin, come back, and they are stuffed.
I think united will be wishing they had a clause in the contract that he could / should have only played about 6 games north.

Went past the BDCA Grand Final today, looked like a bigger crowd than the BFL grand final, never thought I would say that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back