Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Practice Match Results guys? I heard Eaglehawk had a win when they travelled over to play Mooroopna which would be decent signs for them to stay competitive this year.
The Flat got over Craigieburn fairly easy( about 10 goals at a guess) with 6-7 seniors out
would have said Craigieburn had a few missing too as both Clokes did not play.

Hi guys broadford fnc looking for practice match 2nd April under 18 res Snr netball Harley hammond reserve we had a club pull out on us if interested PM me
Thanks

Hi,
I have a number of overseas guests on an AFL weekend who would like to see a local game this Easter and wondered if there is anything on Saturday or Sunday in terms of a practice game?

Please PM me if you know of anything.

Has anyone got any news on any practice matches? Scores? Better players?

Golden Square having been going pretty well I think they've beaten two GVFL Clubs Tatura one of them from memory by around the 5 goal mark. They've done a good job after losing players early in the off season and now they look stronger than last year. Definitely in flag contention I reckon with most thinking that the Storm wont be quite as strong and the Dragons similar.

Golden Square having been going pretty well I think they've beaten two GVFL Clubs Tatura one of them from memory by around the 5 goal mark. They've done a good job after losing players early in the off season and now they look stronger than last year. Definitely in flag contention I reckon with most thinking that the Storm wont be quite as strong and the Dragons similar.
Golden Square also defeated Shepparton United in a three term game in hot conditions. The game against Tatura was a much better spectacle with both teams looking like they have a good season in front of them.

Who will finish in the top five?
Who will play in the grand final?
Who will win the premiership?
Who will claim the wooden spoon?
Who will win the league medal?
Who will be the league leading goalkicker?
Who will be the biggest improver?
Who will be a recruit to watch?
What will be a headline you will see?

five: square, storm, hurst, kyneton, flat
grand final: square v storm. Premiers: Square
Spoon: Maryb or Gissy. Maryb Maggies by a whisker.
Medal: south's new bloke [if they get him from redan, that is]
ron best medal: g-train might be too old nowadays. maybe weightman of tigers.
big improvers: kyneton and maybe south.
headline u mite see: flat finally makes september action

five: square, storm, hurst, kyneton, flat
grand final: square v storm. Premiers: Square
Spoon: Maryb or Gissy. Maryb Maggies by a whisker.
Medal: south's new bloke [if they get him from redan, that is]
ron best medal: g-train might be too old nowadays. maybe weightman of tigers.
big improvers: kyneton and maybe south.
headline u mite see: flat finally makes september action

I'd say its looking more unlikely than likely that South will get their man from Redan.

Who will finish in the top five? Sandhurst, Strath, Square, South, Kyneton
Who will play in the grand final? Sandhurst vs Strath
Who will win the premiership? Sandhurst
Who will claim the wooden spoon? Gisborne
Who will win the league medal? K Geary (Strath)
Who will be the league leading goalkicker? Weightman
Who will be the biggest improver? South
Who will be a recruit to watch? Curnow
What will be a headline you will see? Storm 39 win winning steak ends against Dragons Round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see both sons of Rochester and GVFL legend Robbie Miller have sought clearances to South Bendigo. Never seen Leroy play but he is 6 feet plenty. Watched Isiaa two years ago playing for Rochy from VFL club on permit, against a strong Shep Swans as a 18 yo. Showed a bit as an attacking midfielder. Thoughts?

I see both sons of Rochester and GVFL legend Robbie Miller have sought clearances to South Bendigo. Never seen Leroy play but he is 6 feet plenty. Watched Isiaa two years ago playing for Rochy from VFL club on permit, against a strong Shep Swans as a 18 yo. Showed a bit as an attacking midfielder. Thoughts?
Unfortunately Isiaa had major foot problems at Williamstown that hindered his progress. He was an AIS member a few years back. More a half back type at VFL level, but could go through mid or even play as a mobile key. A really good kid that just needs a change of luck.

Well they got us again! It was a good game in front of a great crowd but dissapointing from the Dragons prospective not too get the Chocolates. Storm have had some great kids and have recruited some quality players too offset their losses as well including Trent Donnan who was impressive. They will be extremely hard to beat again. South?? wow dissapointing to kick 6 goals for a day against anyone but too do it against Eaglehawk who will be stretched to play finals would be a kick up the bum. Flat too couldn't get over a rival who has had their measure in Square but in saying that I think Square will be strong. Bendigo Crow what was your spin on the game?

Well they got us again! It was a good game in front of a great crowd but dissapointing from the Dragons prospective not too get the Chocolates. Storm have had some great kids and have recruited some quality players too offset their losses as well including Trent Donnan who was impressive. They will be extremely hard to beat again. South?? wow dissapointing to kick 6 goals for a day against anyone but too do it against Eaglehawk who will be stretched to play finals would be a kick up the bum. Flat too couldn't get over a rival who has had their measure in Square but in saying that I think Square will be strong. Bendigo Crow what was your spin on the game?
Made the effort to get there as my young bloke has moved from Flat to MCDFL and glad I did. Flat due to poor kicking in first quarter cost themselves a chance to win (4.9). Was impressed in first quarter with ball movement and quality but we all new the Square would come at some point. When they did I thought the Flat was more resolute than normal and worked to shut the game down to stem the flow but issue with that they did not score themselves as well. Both sides were hard at it and Square looked better than last year and the big fella up forward( name escapes me) moves very well either up fwd or on the ball.
If Square are in top 3 then Flat have closed the gap as Oswald one of the recruits will also add to this side. Only one game so can't judge yet but the sample looked promising

Made the effort to get there as my young bloke has moved from Flat to MCDFL and glad I did. Flat due to poor kicking in first quarter cost themselves a chance to win (4.9). Was impressed in first quarter with ball movement and quality but we all new the Square would come at some point. When they did I thought the Flat was more resolute than normal and worked to shut the game down to stem the flow but issue with that they did not score themselves as well. Both sides were hard at it and Square looked better than last year and the big fella up forward( name escapes me) moves very well either up fwd or on the ball.
If Square are in top 3 then Flat have closed the gap as Oswald one of the recruits will also add to this side. Only one game so can't judge yet but the sample looked promising

Kangaroo Flats best player will be Marty Kelly. He is a genuinely good footballer, plays the game the right way and you know what effort you will get each week from him...I'm sad that he is no longer at Lalbert but the lad is just a ripper. Oswald is a good player but is inconsistent and from my experience playing against him is a front runner. He will play well against poor sides but will go missing against the top end.

I popped in and saw kyneton and gissy play for a qtr and gisborne will cause some sides trouble this year, their transition of the ball from the back half was ballistic constantly taking risks and using the corridor, expect some upsets at gardiner reserve if the weather stays dry. Kyneton have a potent forward line that worked well when they had the ball, but their was a lack of pressure once gisborne got the ball, where their forwards and mids didn't apply near than enough defensive pressure, if they want to play finals they will need to work on this as the mids and backs appear weak, I think weight man and magin have to spend the majority of time on the ball for kyneton to play finals

I popped in and saw kyneton and gissy play for a qtr and gisborne will cause some sides trouble this year, their transition of the ball from the back half was ballistic constantly taking risks and using the corridor, expect some upsets at gardiner reserve if the weather stays dry. Kyneton have a potent forward line that worked well when they had the ball, but their was a lack of pressure once gisborne got the ball, where their forwards and mids didn't apply near than enough defensive pressure, if they want to play finals they will need to work on this as the mids and backs appear weak, I think weight man and magin have to spend the majority of time on the ball for kyneton to play finals
Sounds like they still have some holes. Beattie had sold it that they had a better spread this year but not as many stars. I was surprised too see Maryborough get belted like that have Castlemaine picked much up?

Well they got us again! It was a good game in front of a great crowd but dissapointing from the Dragons prospective not too get the Chocolates. Storm have had some great kids and have recruited some quality players too offset their losses as well including Trent Donnan who was impressive. They will be extremely hard to beat again. South?? wow disapointing to kick 6 goals for a day against anyone but too do it against Eaglehawk who will be stretched to play finals would be a kick up the bum. Flat too couldn't get over a rival who has had their measure in Square but in saying that I think Square will be strong. Bendigo Crow what was your spin on the game?

What a great weekend of footy, Got to strath and flat games.
flat are good, just crap pressure and kicking at times, and i thought at times let square off. How smooth is Jack Geary, Healey was on fire early and was a headache. Smart by square at first quarter break to start a blew tho upset the roos and the supporters went off. Kelly was fantastic as was Toma for GS. Flat missed Oswald by the sound of his reputation. Flat will go deep in year for mine.

The other game was hard and a little quicker but still lots of kicking errors. Conway a star, agree re Donnan and Curnow looked good back . Sandhurst had Height and Holmes together at bounces which i am only guessing was to be physical but looked slow and heavy, with Gearys running off.
Thought Craig was handy up forward as well for the dragons . Bit a change in both lists so each game will be harder thru year.

Ah well only my two cents for what its worth boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendigo FNL 2017

Back