• Yes, but he went a little too far

• No, but protecting players is key

• No, totally unacceptable but that is it, move on

• No, totally unacceptable and needs a sanction

• I barrack for another club and just want to see the results

• I am in the media and need my next news story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Now is the time to go for the jugular with some of these so called journalists. The comments from Morris should be enough to finish him off and Wilson should also be in the firing line for her comments that would get just about anyone else into deep sh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How amazing would it be to get a good cleanout. Morris, Browne, Barrett, Caro, Cornes can all **** off. Give me more of Twomey, Edmund, Beveridge, etc.

Tom will be protected and this will get barely a mention by the news rags.
Hope not. Bevo should open his presser next week asking Morris "Tom, talk us through the last few days. The video, the audio, your female colleagues. Is this how the first week of the season was expected to pan out for you?"

Give the ****er his own medicine, highlight the video reference for anyone who has missed it. Keep it front and centre in the conversation until the other media HAVE to address it.

Hope not. Bevo should open his presser next week asking Morris "Tom, talk us through the last few days. The video, the audio, your female colleagues. Is this how the first week of the season was expected to pan out for you?"

Give the ****er his own medicine, highlight the video reference for anyone who has missed it. Keep it front and centre in the conversation until the other media HAVE to address it.

The only problem with this is that members of the general public aren’t allowed in to press conferences…

Realistically who in the mainstream media will run with the Morris recording though?

News, HS, fox wont
The Age and channel 9 won't (controlled by Caro)
Crocmedia won't (hutchy will protect)
AFL Media won't (they will want this to go away and not fuel it)

Who else is there? ABC?

The only problem with this is that members of the general public aren’t allowed in to press conferences…
No, but the entire press conference from go to whoa is then posted on the AFL website. Surely our media/comms team can find subtle ways to throw oblique references into every presser we have this week - or at least Bevo's/Ameet's/KWW's.

"Yes, I'm (Luke is) sorry for the comments I (he) made, and am (is) focussing on our round 2 game. But hey, at least I don't (he doesn't) have any concerns about videos that may appear in the public domain denigrating or objectifying a co-worker. So, questions...?"

Whether it be the 'regular' media or the football media, they only spin the narrative insofar as we let them. Press the 'off' button on your radio, change channels on your TV, don't frequent their websites and, hey presto, no narrative. Don't let them into your headspace and, if a critical mass follow suit, the industry will change.

Sadly, no amount of home truths and condemnation - whether public, demonstrative or otherwise - is going to make a difference whilst there is a sizeable audience lapping up the media's drivel. It's all about the revenue of course. We're not dealing with introspective people with a strong moral compass here. We're dealing with career-driven opportunists. Something is good copy because it sells. At its core, it is ruthless pragmatism and, as we have seen, inherently exploitative.

I can only say that the narrative does not enter my house, save for my chosen conduits such as Big Footy or a few player podcasts. I'm not interested in the media's story. I'm interested in football, I'm interested in my club and I'm interested in fellowship with other people who love the game.

Look, it's easy for most of us to take a stand against the media's lack of ethics by simply tuning out. Personally, I have a ban on anything News Corp, so I will never, ever buy the Herald Sun nor subscribe to Kayo. But Bevo does not have that luxury. Like any coach, he is compelled to engage directly with the media and it's no great surprise that this forced relationship is often adversarial. We are dealing with a person of integrity who seriously embraces his duty of care, confronting an industry which tends to play fast and loose with their own duty of care. My feeling is that Bevo took a bullet for us - for the players of all clubs, for the other coaches, for good journos, for me, maybe for you, and certainly for the many people out there who are greatly aggrieved by the appalling standards of journalism in this country. He said what I'm sure a swag of other industry professionals are thinking. We ought to be far more concerned about the issues he raised than the manner in which he raised them.
Very well said, you said it all, said it so well, i stand and applaud you. Overwhelmingly, fans of other Clubs, like me, have wanted this to come to a head for a long, long time, re the ambulance lying, scuttlebutt media Murdoch hacks like Robbo, Morris, Barrett etc , and thanks to Bevo, it finally has. Good on him.

No, but the entire press conference from go to whoa is then posted on the AFL website. Surely our media/comms team can find subtle ways to throw oblique references into every presser we have this week - or at least Bevo's/Ameet's/KWW's.

"Yes, I'm (Luke is) sorry for the comments I (he) made, and am (is) focussing on our round 2 game. But hey, at least I don't (he doesn't) have any concerns about videos that may appear in the public domain denigrating or objectifying a co-worker. So, questions...?"
I meant that Tom won’t be there because he’ll no longer be an accredited journalist 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold my beer....

Don't miss out on the headlines from Victoria. Followed categories will be added to My News.

Fox Footy reporter Tom Morris has been stood down after offensive video and audio recordings surfaced.
In the clips, Morris can be heard making a series of derogatory comments about a female colleague and disparaging women, Asians, black people and homosexuals.
Video has been circulated on social media of one voice message recorded in a WhatsApp group featuring Morris making lewd comments about the female co-worker.
Morris says: “Unfortuantely she’s a lesbian lads … she is f---ing hot as and a great bird, good fun, good to talk to, my view the hottest girl at Fox by a long way, but … (the description is too crude to publish).”
Morris’ friends also text derogatory comments about the woman in the group chat.
The exchange is understood to have taken place late last year.
In another video, Morris says: “I’m not Asian, I’m not black, I’m not a woman, I’m not gay, so don’t treat me like s---. I’m a man with a heart and I’ve got feelings. Love youse all …”
A Fox Sports spokesman said: “Fox Sports has stood down a reporter pending an investigation regarding an inappropriate audio recording.
“While it is not appropriate to comment further, Fox Sports is committed to a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected and valued.”
The audio and video recordings were leaked early this afternoon, just over 12 hours after Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge launched an extraordinary personal attack on the AFL journalist, then stormed out of his post-match press conference.
The coach was angry that Morris had reported earlier in the week that premiership player and regular midfielder Lachie Hunter would be dropped for Round 1 because of poor form.
Beveridge’s outburst came after the Bulldogs lost the AFL season opener and grand final rematch to Melbourne on Wednesday night.

Hold my beer....

Don't miss out on the headlines from Victoria. Followed categories will be added to My News.

Fox Footy reporter Tom Morris has been stood down after offensive video and audio recordings surfaced.
In the clips, Morris can be heard making a series of derogatory comments about a female colleague and disparaging women, Asians, black people and homosexuals.
Video has been circulated on social media of one voice message recorded in a WhatsApp group featuring Morris making lewd comments about the female co-worker.
Morris says: “Unfortuantely she’s a lesbian lads … she is f---ing hot as and a great bird, good fun, good to talk to, my view the hottest girl at Fox by a long way, but … (the description is too crude to publish).”
Morris’ friends also text derogatory comments about the woman in the group chat.
The exchange is understood to have taken place late last year.
In another video, Morris says: “I’m not Asian, I’m not black, I’m not a woman, I’m not gay, so don’t treat me like s---. I’m a man with a heart and I’ve got feelings. Love youse all …”
A Fox Sports spokesman said: “Fox Sports has stood down a reporter pending an investigation regarding an inappropriate audio recording.
“While it is not appropriate to comment further, Fox Sports is committed to a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected and valued.”
The audio and video recordings were leaked early this afternoon, just over 12 hours after Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge launched an extraordinary personal attack on the AFL journalist, then stormed out of his post-match press conference.
The coach was angry that Morris had reported earlier in the week that premiership player and regular midfielder Lachie Hunter would be dropped for Round 1 because of poor form.
Beveridge’s outburst came after the Bulldogs lost the AFL season opener and grand final rematch to Melbourne on Wednesday night.
Hahaha couldn’t happen to a better prick

Morris and Alex Keath attended Melbourne Grammar together. Wonder if they're still in touch?

Get on twitter, Facebook, messenger. Tag Fox Footy, foxtel and kayo. Tell em you're cancelling subscriptions until Morris is gone referencing the two leaks. This has really got under my skin for some.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
They're copping a flogging on Facebook. It's hilarious

Remove this Banner Ad

Berko Bevo vs. the former Muckraker Morris in the Round 1 presser

Back