Bernie Vince?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems strange we are looking for another mid when our most depth is in our midfield.. I hate to say it but daisy could be gone.. :mad:

Agreed... May even try and trade a player for second first round pick, or first round upgrade. We'll have two worthwhile picks next year.

Besides, our list is young enough at the moment to forfeit another year at the draft.

My question is- "are the Pies after Vince or McIntosh?"

From what I've gathered from the "here say" is that we are looking at a rather big name player. So it could be Vince, however with the midfield depth I would question why...
More likely we are chasing Clark/Mcintosh/bell/goldstein. Clark could go to GWS but the word is he is also looking at a few Melbourne based offers.
The other smoky I've heard is Gaff is really homesick, so i wouldnt put it past Bucks to have a crack, IF he was considering returning home. Unlikely though.

We dont really have to get rid of our first rounder, I mean we have a bucketload of fringe players who we could offload to GWS or GCS for higher picks. Package of sack/mccarthy/blair/buckley etc for a mid first rounder. This would also help with reducing CAP concerns. I mean the whole comp has seem what our rejects are capable of given the chance with regards to stanley/iles.

Personally I'd try to have a crack at clark. Go to GWS given them Sack/mcarthy for say a pick somewhere between 15-20. Then ontrade that plus 26 to brissy. Something along those lines anyway.

If Wellers was going to GWS, then you'd try and package him up with first round pick / other player for O'Meara, not Vince.

It's all Pie in the sky stuff.

On McIntosh, would just be too expensive in my view. Would be sticking with Jolly / Wood combo for two more years until Witts / Cegalr ready.

Importing mid age players is an expensive and unnecessary business. I'd prefer us to be exporters who get lower picks to keep replenishing quality kids.

I won't go with the whole "do not want" thing but I would be thinking no ... unless it was confirmed Daisy was leaving and then I'd consider Vince.

Issue is, trade value ... I don't we have much to offer. I doubt Adelaide would want McCarthy and a first rounder and I don't think Vince is worth Goldie and a first rounder on the form he's shown lately.

So yeah, I'd be leaning towards no.

btw, why are people suggesting Blair? o_O

Still one first round draft pick in 5 years is bad
and we gave one up for Cam wood ffs hes not even worth a pick in the 50's

When you draft guns like Beams in the 2nd round, and get rookies like Toovey, Blair, O'Brien, Macaffer etc - who needs 1st rounders?

Also, the bust on Cam Wood was Pick 14, which was Jack Grimes - but Hine has confirmed several times we would have taken Callan Ward at Pick 14 had the deal not been done. Not that it makes it any better.

Having said that, I imagine any trading we do may involve players, not just picks.

Clark would be fantastic. Could slide into Brown's role perfectly. But at the moment it's fantasy, but it's nice to think about. With names popping up already we might have plenty to talk about leading up to Trade Week.

It feels good talking about trading to keep us infront rather desperately finding a way to catch up to the rest. We can take it or leave it.

Clark would be fantastic. Could slide into Brown's role perfectly. But at the moment it's fantasy, but it's nice to think about. With names popping up already we might have plenty to talk about leading up to Trade Week.

It feels good talking about trading to keep us infront rather desperately finding a way to catch up to the rest. We can take it or leave it.

Quite true.

Some big names up for trade like Clark, Vince, Lake, possibly Goddard, but all that would require the departure of one of our quality players / first pick / fringe player combo. Swings and roundabouts. Best would be to try and squeeze two goodly fringeys plus 1st pick into a top 10 type.

I think losing pendlebury in 2013 to GWS is the most vulnerable .Maybe thats why we would be looking at Vince.. i would imagion Vince would have a high price on his back though.

id be really suprised if we went for a guy like mcintosh really really suprised when we have a above average duo in jolly and wood and witts and ceglar coming through the ranks just wouldnt see mcintosh getting game time just rotting in vfl

Do not want to McIntosh

He has some off field "issues

Won't post on open forum

Yeah, his "problems" are pretty much common knowledge, or well the rumours about his problems are anyway.

And even if he was an angel off the field, he is a ruckman, we already have two AFL class rucks, Jolly and Wood, and enough young rucks in the system to cover and develop over time.

If we are going to chase someone, I'd be chasing a key position player, because with Tarrant and Leigh Brown not getting any younger, we may need another versatile key position tall very soon, and you also don't know what will go on with our current KPP's when they come out of contract, especially with Free Agency kicking in at the end of next year.

The one name that has been linked to GWS but also to several Melbourne clubs that I'd love is Mitch Clark from Brisbane.

Apparently he is leaving the Lions, and GWS have obviously offered him plenty, but there are rumours he wants to go to a premiership contending club, so we might be able to snap up the big unit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first round picks arent that good last couple of years anyway with the comprimised drafts.

we wont give up our first round pick next year once the draft goes back to normal.

Who needs 1st rounders? We just draft rookies and develop them in to stars...:thumbsu::p:p

I doubt it - With the premium that the club places on tackling, work ethic and consistency, Vince seems like a terrible fit for what we're about.

Maybe he could be encouraged to improve in those areas, but I don't see why Collingwood would take on a player who is essentially a project on the mental side of the game.

Seems strange we are looking for another mid when our most depth is in our midfield.. I hate to say it but daisy could be gone.. :mad:

I doubt Daisy is going but there is a Ton of our Best 22 coming out of Contract next season so they think they may lose 1 or 2 so going after Vince could be something to they are Looking at for Just in Case.

Though this could never even happen

I doubt Daisy is going but there is a Ton of our Best 22 coming out of Contract next season so they think they may lose 1 or 2 so going after Vince could be something to they are Looking at for Just in Case.

Though this could never even happen

the only relevant point at present. AFTER NEXT YEAR. too far away to be worrying about.

oops sorry theres a 2nd relevant point.

we are COLLINGWOOD - therefore via the media we are tied to EVERY PLAYER seeking a new contract, no matter where they are.

thread on ignore :rolleyes:

the only relevant point at present. AFTER NEXT YEAR. too far away to be worrying about.

oops sorry theres a 2nd relevant point.

we are COLLINGWOOD - therefore via the media we are tied to EVERY PLAYER seeking a new contract, no matter where they are.

thread on ignore :rolleyes:

Well I think it would be more about the Potential Vince Contract

Might aswell post this as i have wanted to for months but decided not to

Two months back we were having a huge crack at Scully this was info from inside Melbourne

All the pressure was coming from us not GWS

The kid is not about money he wants success and we have been telling him that in our Midfield he will be like Chris Judd and will win premierships and that Melbourne are not going anywhere

His Manager also has pointed out to him that he will make the big bucks later in his career and that with Collingwood he will make plenty from the media

Have not heard anything for a bit so dont no where that is all heading but we were having a huge crack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back