Berry on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

I was simply in here giving my opinion on the topic and stated the fact later on I am a medical professional by trade which i am. Much to my surprise you have gotten quote personal each time simply because you do not agree with what I stated about the incident and also my area of work, and I am happy to dish it back. I definitely was not the one going down that rabbit hole but i continued it.

You did poorly.

The ironic thing is I actually got quite a bit of work done tonight while poking you with a stick. I’m normally not a great multitasker.

Serious question - how do we tell when it’s you posting and how do we know when it’s your brother? How do we know it’s even you now? Or is you your brother? This turn of events is so confusing.

The post you quoted showed a marked improvement in punctuation. I think there was a shift change.

Serious question - how do we tell when it’s you posting and how do we know when it’s your brother? How do we know it’s even you now? Or is you your brother? This turn of events is so confusing.
have no idea if others have shared accounts before or am i the only one??

it has been a few years since we shared it, but we shared it for a long time prior to that. I cannot imagine it is very relevant for 99.9% of postings anyway unless it is somehow a personal detail

You did poorly.

The ironic thing is I actually got quite a bit of work done tonight while poking you with a stick. I’m normally not a great multitasker.

I didn’t realise they allowed fighter pilots to use their phones while in combat. Thank you for your service.

have no idea if others have shared accounts before or am i the only one??

it has been a few years since we shared it, but we shared it for a long time prior to that. I cannot imagine it is very relevant for 99.9% of postings anyway unless it is somehow a personal detail

Oh yeah.

Nah I share my account with this guy from Nerang. He has a weird obsession with Jack Viney.

94,000 posts on bigfooty does not count towards your centrelink credits. No matter how hard you're trying to convince them

Is that the place people go to get Dolls?

I didn’t realise they allowed fighter pilots to use their phones while in combat. Thank you for your service.

It’s the only way to get a good shot when you want to take a photo of a Mig28 pilot from your inverted F14 Tomcat.

This thread took a fantastic turn. Multiple personality disorder is an (outdated) medicle thing right? Does having it qualify you as a medicle professional?

On a slightly more serious note, I'm really not sure what the objection to the medical expert opinion was. Seemed very reasonable.

This thread took a fantastic turn. Multiple personality disorder is an (outdated) medicle thing right? Does having it qualify you as a medicle professional?

On a slightly more serious note, I'm really not sure what the objection to the medical expert opinion was. Seemed very reasonable.
was the most laughable medical opinion that must have cost brisbane all sorts of ridiculous amounts of money to get them to put forward. to state he was struggling for survival and close to hypoxia is laughable stuff.

In put it to you, our learned friends that it was not Jacob that raked the eye of Sloth, but it was Sloth in an attempt to give a 'Hey You Guys!!!' that turned it's head while young Jacob had his hand raised in the universal 'I surrender' wave.
was the most laughable medical opinion that must have cost brisbane all sorts of ridiculous amounts of money to get them to put forward. to state he was struggling for survival and close to hypoxia is laughable stuff.
As a medical professional, could you let me know how much force needs to be exerted on someone's throat in order for them to feel their life is under threat?

In put it to you, our learned friends that it was not Jacob that raked the eye of Sloth, but it was Sloth in an attempt to give a 'Hey You Guys!!!' that turned it's head while young Jacob had his hand raised in the universal 'I surrender' wave.

As a medical professional, could you let me know how much force needs to be exerted on someone's throat in order for them to feel their life is under threat?
i will just put it this way, hypoxemia is low levels of oxygen in your bloodstream, hypoxia is low levels of oxygen in your bodily tissues that is insufficient to sustain functionality. Basically, the tissue and organs inside your body fails and shuts down if this is left untreated and severe. Do you think from looking at that footage that bringing up hypoxia is quite an exaggerated comment? seriously. You do not even need to be someone with knowledge to work out that is exaggerated.

I am sure the neurosurgeon is fantastic and knowledgeable at what he does. I think it was just a good will gesture to help out the club and enhance his own reputation with a few minutes in the spotlight with some exaggerated garbage to help the cause. Nobody will exactly question him on it.

Jarrod Berry's life was not in danger.

Last edited:
I'm glad he got off because I want a semi decent prelim and even though this is 'the boring prelim', upsets can happen.
I thought he should've got several weeks though. It was intentional in my opinion. Since when do you need to look at someone to know where their eyes are. Since when do you push off someone with your fingers bent like a claw. So yeah, I agree with Jordan Lewis on all of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he didn't say that Berry was suffering from hypoxia, he said obstruction of an airway from an arm across the throat can cause hypoxia hence eliciting a flailing response, which is not untrue in my medicle opinion.

I haven't bothered to re-watch but I thought at the time; why do even experienced commentators completely miss the first action, just like they accuse umpires of doing? From memory; Berry lays a legitimate/legal tackle on Oliver which is just as the game is meant to be played, all good. Then Oliver starts the whole shit show by cracking a sad and giving it to Berry for daring to legally tackle him. He jumps on him and forces his arm onto his throat to choke him and everyone, including the commentator imbeciles miss that. Then Oliver goes the next step and tries to implicate Berry as the bad guy despite being the w***er that actually started it. ****ing campaigner.
If every player tries to throttle an opponent for daring to lay legal tackles and gets away with it, we're screwed. That is what's continually missed in this game by almost everyone it seems. Oliver should be fined for instigating the wrestle and choke. Piss it off out of the game.

I'm glad he got off because I want a semi decent prelim and even though this is 'the boring prelim', upsets can happen.
I thought he should've got several weeks though. It was intentional in my opinion. Since when do you need to look at someone to know where their eyes are. Since when do you push off someone with your fingers bent like a claw. So yeah, I agree with Jordan Lewis on all of it.
Danster if you think Berry should have gone down for trying to stop a hideously ugly assailant from trying to choke him out, then we can be completely confident the tribunal has made the right decision.

Lets be honest we all know why he got let off "Finals freedom".. Berry ****ed up - all this bullshit about he was about to die from asphyxiation is laughable - the fact a medical professional tried to be serious and state it as a defence was hilarious. Almost as good as the 'medical experts' that were part of the Amber Heard trial that get paid a fat $ to support whatever side is paying them. He should not have scrapped Olivers face - whether he went for the eyes or not. Wrestling on the ground is a part of football and happens every week - these guys are more than capable of sorting it out without the face raking.

I just wrote the truth. I can’t help it if you find that truth offensive.
talking about someones looks which isn't remotely relevant to what we're talking about lacks class. not remotely surprised.

All this talk about asphyxiation etc. was laughable. Lions guys did well though. But yeah if someone tries to eye gauge me, I'm letting everyone know about it. And anyone who eye gouges should get 8 weeks. It's the lowest of the lows. If you legitimately think that he had no intention to eye gouge and he just has a strange technique of pushing off claw like bent fingers then fair enough.

Last edited:
talking about someones looks which isn't remotely relevant to what we're talking about lacks class. not remotely surprised.

All this talk about asphyxiation etc. was laughable. Lions guys did well though. But yeah if someone tries to eye gauge me, I'm letting everyone know about it. And anyone who eye gouges should get 8 weeks. It's the lowest of the lows. If you legitimately think that he had no intention to eye gouge and he just has a strange technique of pushing off claw like bent fingers then fair enough.

8 weeks. Hilarious. Have you ever had your face raked including your eyes? Ever been king hit from behind by any chance? Ever been kicked full force in the head? Stomped on with long stops leaving your scalp bleeding? Ever been coat-hangered while running at full speed leaving you badly concussed?

Every one of those things has happened to me on a footy field danster and I can tell you the hands around the eyes, whilst not especially enjoyable, is like a cool drink in a heatwave compared to the rest of them. If you think what Berry did is the lowest of the low you have led a sheltered life mate. What Berry did is not eye-gouging. Eye-gouging is where you dig your fingers into someone’s eye. That is a despicable and dangerous act.

I have been in that position Berry was in and you are not going to stop at anything to get out of a trapped position like that. Have you ever been in that position?

8 weeks. Berry's actions were perfectly reasonable in the circumstances. Exactly as found by the Tribunal.

8 weeks. Hilarious. Have you ever had your face raked including your eyes? Ever been king hit from behind by any chance? Ever been kicked full force in the head? Stomped on with long stops leaving your scalp bleeding? Ever been coat-hangered while running at full speed leaving you badly concussed?

Every one of those things has happened to me on a footy field danster and I can tell you the hands around the eyes, whilst not especially enjoyable, is like a cool drink in a heatwave compared to the rest of them. If you think what Berry did is the lowest of the low you have led a sheltered life mate. What Berry did is not eye-gouging. Eye-gouging is where you dig your fingers into someone’s eye. That is a despicable and dangerous act.

I have been in that position Berry was in and you are not going to stop at anything to get out of a trapped position like that. Have you ever been in that position?

8 weeks. Berry's actions were perfectly reasonable in the circumstances. Exactly as found by the Tribunal.
Should have gotten the week but understand the finals sympathy card. You are acting like he was about to die - at no stage did Oliver ever apply pressure to his throat or anything that would cause breathing issues - Berry was up and about seconds later grabbing Olivers jumper again lol. Thats not the actions of someone who nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. Whenever two AFL players wrestle the reality is one will end up on top and in the dominant position - thats usually when they both call it a day and move on with the game after a bit more shit talking each other.

Should have gotten the week but understand the finals sympathy card. You are acting like he was about to die - at no stage did Oliver ever apply pressure to his throat or anything that would cause breathing issues - Berry was up and about seconds later grabbing Olivers jumper again lol. Thats not the actions of someone who nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. Whenever two AFL players wrestle the reality is one will end up on top and in the dominant position - thats usually when they both call it a day and move on with the game after a bit more s**t talking each other.

Rubbish. You don’t have to be about to die to feel you are trapped under someone in a fight, even if only momuntarily. It doesn’t come with a forewarning of exactly how long you will be trapped for either so you have no realistic sensible choice but to fight to get the campaigner off you. I could as easily say you are acting like he should lie there and take it passively.

Should have gotten the week but understand the finals sympathy card. You are acting like he was about to die - at no stage did Oliver ever apply pressure to his throat or anything that would cause breathing issues - Berry was up and about seconds later grabbing Olivers jumper again lol. Thats not the actions of someone who nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. Whenever two AFL players wrestle the reality is one will end up on top and in the dominant position - thats usually when they both call it a day and move on with the game after a bit more s**t talking each other.
Sorry, did Oliver go off for treatment for his gouged eye at some point? No, because there was no eye gouge. The contact to the face was so minimal that Oliver had zero need to be assessed after the incident or at any stage. I think the Lions using the medical professional was an absolute joke, but then the whole kangaroo court was in the first place. They should have gotten an MMA or martial arts expert to testify what an eye gouge is, and what, even a very slight gouge will do to someone's eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry on Oliver

Remove this Banner Ad

Back