Mega Thread Best 22/2013 Predictions and all that

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL (what are you, 12?) at you taking Kreuzering seriously.

His nick is Kruzering - not Kreuzering.

A person with your forum experience should have picked up on that.

Attention to detail mate, its a skill that's needed in real life.

His nick is Kruzering - not Kreuzering.

A person with your forum experience should have picked up on that.

Attention to detail mate, its a skill that's needed in real life.
That's it? That's all you've got?

Just like bagging out the young upandcomers.

What?

Anyway, I haven't given much to this thread, so here is my best 22 for next year:

Tuohy Jamison Duigan

Yarran Henderson Laidler

Scotland Carrazzo Simpson

Robinson Waite Gibbs

Walker Casboult Betts

Kreuzer Judd Murphy

Armfield Warnock McLean Ellard (s)

Yes, I've rubbished Casboult, but thanks to the recruiting department I feel he is our best option at full forward.

Carrots was cringeworthy disposal by foot early in his career...Levi can fix his mechanics, particularly set shots where he can implement a routine. Oh and because I'm a pedantic sod....we have Robbie, not Mathew.

Haha quite possibly the most hilarious post I have ever seen. Sig worthy.

One day I told a friend that casboult will cost us many games in the future with his bad kicking.
As I watched levi kick 0.5 against a depleted gold coast team with our finals chances on the line, I as you, felt vindication.

How did you feel the day he kicked 3 against Essendon?

Haha quite possibly the most hilarious post I have ever seen. Sig worthy.

One day I told a friend that casboult will cost us many games in the future with his bad kicking.
As I watched levi kick 0.5 against a depleted gold coast team with our finals chances on the line, I as you, felt vindication.

Just telling it how it is matey.

The bloke will cost us more games in the future. Couldn't kick if his life depended on it.
Anyone who disagrees simply does not watch football. Or has a mental capacity of a 4 year old.

He'll cost us games in the future. You can quote me on that.

At least buddy won them a flag in 2008.
Also helped them to the granny this year, plus countless finals appearances.

Sorry, but I just loved the whole - Levi > buddy line.
I don't know what drugs kruzering is on, but I want some.

Sorry thelacine60
Was it another "semi pisstake" I missed?

LOL @ someone with 27,794 internet forum posts questioning someone's age level

4680373-fish-on-the-hook.jpg

Carrots was cringeworthy disposal by foot early in his career...Levi can fix his mechanics, particularly set shots where he can implement a routine. Oh and because I'm a pedantic sod....we have Robbie, not Mathew.

Why is everyone so certain he will sort out his kicking?
I really hope he does, I'd absolutely love it if he could put 50-60 away for us next year.
But I'm a realist. It's a hard thing to fix.

He would have had coaches his entire career trying to sort out his kicking.
From when he first started playing footy as a kid, to the stingrays, to the bullants and now with the seniors I'm sure it was a known problem and worked on.

I blame his dad, most fathers teach there kids how to kick properly when they get there first footy.

In Levi Mick we trust! IMO we would not have recruited a player who can not kick. So I believe that his kicking can be sorted out and in the meantime if he mark's everything coming his way and handballs to Simmo or Murph who then kick the goals so be it. But if you dont have the ball you dont get the goal. Levi has awesome hands, is an awesome contested mark and that means we have the ball in our forward line. Up to the team to work it out from there.

I really hope he does, I'd absolutely love it if he could put 50-60 away for us next year.

From when he first started playing footy as a kid, to the stingrays, to the bullants and now with the seniors I'm sure it was a known problem and worked on.

I blame his dad, most fathers teach there kids how to kick properly when they get there first footy.

Semantics brother. I said Levi CAN fix his mechanics, I didn't say he WILL.

Levi kicked 41 goals in his last season of TAC footy (41.19 if I remember rightly), so it is not as if he has been a poor kick all the way through junior footy. There is no reason why he won't be able to improve his kicking in the same way that Stewie Loewe did later on in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with Sound on this one, and don't understand why everyone is jumping all over him. I, like him, hope that Levi does sort out his kicking because lets face it the guy has got a dynamite pair of hands.

But the simple truth is ... HE WILL COST US GAMES ... I'm sorry but I do not think there is anything more frustrating than losing a game on the last kick from a very gettable shot.

Two of recent memory that I cannot shake and still get angry thinking about them ... Fev's miss against the Dawks. grrrrr and Warnocks mis against the Pussies ... grrrrr.

Put that against Walkers shot that went through and tell me which memory you would rather have?

Until Levi sorts out his kicking to a point where all the get tables are pretty much got .. I don't want him in the team. Nothing against him and I have my fingers and toes crossed for him but like I have said before ... losing a final because he has sprayed them all day is just not worth it.

Yes he will have his odd accurate days where he will kick three or four but the name of this game is consistency. Pure and simple.

Sort it out Levi ... WE ALL ARE PRAYING YOU DO!

I'm with Sound on this one, and don't understand why everyone is jumping all over him. I, like him, hope that Levi does sort out his kicking because lets face it the guy has got a dynamite pair of hands.

But the simple truth is ... HE WILL COST US GAMES ... I'm sorry but I do not think there is anything more frustrating than losing a game on the last kick from a very gettable shot.

Two of recent memory that I cannot shake and still get angry thinking about them ... Fev's miss against the Dawks. grrrrr and Warnocks mis against the Pussies ... grrrrr.

Put that against Walkers shot that went through and tell me which memory you would rather have?

Until Levi sorts out his kicking to a point where all the get tables are pretty much got .. I don't want him in the team. Nothing against him and I have my fingers and toes crossed for him but like I have said before ... losing a final because he has sprayed them all day is just not worth it.

Yes he will have his odd accurate days where he will kick three or four but the name of this game is consistency. Pure and simple.

Sort it out Levi ... WE ALL ARE PRAYING YOU DO!
in the GC17 game Levi was starting everything right, unfortunately he was also compensating for his swing to the right... so everything he started right, went straight...

If Levi can compensate for his draw shots... then he will become the best FF in the AFL... he has the marking ability... he has the leading ability... if he can sort it all out, then he has everything...

He is the ultimate FF.

If he cant, he is probably the best decoy in the AFL...

Rowe's long road
"We identified his talent last year and he fitted some of the positions we've been screaming out for, and we kept in contact with him through the year," Ratten said.

As well as Rowe's skills - his kicking is his standout feature - Ratten was most impressed with Rowe's competitive instincts, something the coach believes has developed out of his unusual path to the top level.

"There's no doubt that players now sometimes have to go through the system, go out and then come back after waiting a few years," Ratten said.

"But the talent is there and it's good to see players get a second chance."
Rowe's long road

How many games could Slammin' Sam Rowe play next year?

If other late-ish picks in the 2011 draft could come in and show signs last season, then I hoping a mature KPP can play five to ten. Just need Rowe to be a competitor and provide a target like Lewis Roberts-Thomson who is no star. Recall a post that Rowe was beating Casboult who isn't a light weight when it comes to using your body and contested marking. Liked SR's cameos in the NAB Cup, the VFL and the practice match in Queensland before his season ended. Good kick and mobile tall who can present to be a target and use his body to protect the drop zone.

Rowey looks a lot older than his DOB suggests after he turned 25 just 27 days ago. :eek:

5-10 sounds about right to me, if I was to guess it would be towards the lower end of that range.

For mine I think he probably starts the season 4th or 5th in line in terms of key forwards. However all those who I would have ahead of him - Waite, Hampson, Casboult and Mitchell - have had issues in the past which have prevented them from putting in full seasons. Of course we hope that such issues don't resurface in 2013 or beyond but the reality is that it is to be expected that at some stage they may become unavailable for one reason or another, be it injury, suspension or form related.

I'm not sure he has what it takes to be a genuine long-term option for us but he will be given opportunities throughout 2013 to show that he has what it takes.

Anyone who blames an errant kick for goal as reason we lose a game of football needs to pop their anklet socks on and follow tennis.

I think u r missing the point here Thy .... sometimes two teams are just that close all day.
Remember that Dawk's game when Fev missed from 15 m out?
Absolutely no quarter given the whole day ... fantastic game of football and in reality the game was either teams, it was that close. So yeah the game was always going to be won or lost by a piece of brilliance or an error.
Some games are.
Football is also a game of momentum .... as is life. You cannot say that when everything is going right the team just purrs but throw a spanner in the works and everything suffers.
Nothing lifts a team than a great goal that has been a team effort but that same effort can have a deflating effect should it not be capitalised on time and again.
Your response of pretty much HTFU or go watch Tennis does not take into account these factors.

I personally salivate at the prospect of Levi sorting it all out.
Give him some chances to prove himself ... definitely .... but if his kicking still needs work ... let him work on it in the VFL.

All I am saying is don't reward his beautiful hands and turn a blind eye to his kicking, you are tempting fate if you do.

in the GC17 game Levi was starting everything right, unfortunately he was also compensating for his swing to the right... so everything he started right, went straight...

If Levi can compensate for his draw shots... then he will become the best FF in the AFL... he has the marking ability... he has the leading ability... if he can sort it all out, then he has everything...

He is the ultimate FF.

If he cant, he is probably the best decoy in the AFL...

I see ur point here, and I agree he could be a very dominant FF.
If he does not sort out his kicking though ... what sort of decoy could be really be?
In my view an effective decoy needs to have some worry factor but if his kicking is that bad where's the worry. Do you see what I am getting at?
What could be interesting .... if he can't sort out his kicking is to formulate a game plan around that where on e he gets the ball he dishes it off just as quickly????
I don't know because I am with u Dramoth .... I too believe he could be that good.

It's like you own the golden goose but she's laying bronze eggs at the moment.

I wanna see gold dude!

I think u r missing the point here Thy .... sometimes two teams are just that close all day.
Remember that Dawk's game when Fev missed from 15 m out?
Absolutely no quarter given the whole day ... fantastic game of football and in reality the game was either teams, it was that close. So yeah the game was always going to be won or lost by a piece of brilliance or an error.
Some games are.
Sounds like it's you that's missing Thy's very valid point if that's the best example you can come up with. Bentley and Thornton cost us far more that day than Fev.

How many times have posters on this board complained about our field kicking and how we overlooked that important fundamental when drafting?
I was merely using the Hawks game as an example of how badly you feel losing a game on the last kick of the day from a goal that should have been kicked.
Fev was magnificent that day and yes there were many more plays that cost us the game.
But in the end, when the game was there to be won, we lost ..... BUT Fev was a good kick.
Switch that around .... and Levi has the ball. Would you want him to have the last kick of the day in an important match to win it at the moment?
I am not arguing that a match is just lost on the last kick but that it can be won on the last kick and that not grasping that opportunity leaves a very painful scar, whilst grasping it leaves a very enjoyable memory.
Having Levi in the team with his kicking the way it is at the moment greatly increases that.
If there is no one else, like last year, then of course he is in the team, if his kicking has improved from last year again put him in, but if he is errant in the NAB cup then let him work on it some more in the VFL.

What's so wrong with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Best 22/2013 Predictions and all that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back