Oct 9, 2004
Phuket
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Scorpions West Ham
Adelaide - Rory Sloane
Brisbane -
Carlton - Bryce Gibbs (change to) Kade Simpson (Thanks)
Collingwood - Adam Treloar
Essendon - Zach Merrett
Fremantle - Lachie Neale
Geelong - Patrick Dangerfield
Gold Coast - Tom Lynch
GWS - Steve Coniglio
Hawthorn - Cyril Rioli
Melbourne - Max Gawn
North Melbourne - Robbie Tarrant (Thanks)
Port Adelaide - Robbie Gray
Richmond - Dustin Martin
St Kilda - Jack Steven
Sydney - Luke Parker
West Coast - Luke Shuey
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli

Would be interested in people's thoughts as I want to have a real crack with the bookies this year.

Last edited:

I'm thinking either Zorko or Robinson at Brisbane.

Coniglio at GWS and Rioli at the Hawks.

Did not think of Tarrant, thanks.

Adelaide - Rory Sloane (Pretty straight forward - been a level up other guns like Betts and Lynch)
Brisbane - Dayne Zorko (between he and Rocky but Zorks has been more consistent)
Carlton - Kade Simpson (he's a player who could poll highly in every single one of their games. I anticipate a surprise)
Collingwood - Adam Treloar (between he and Pendles. Steele and Adams have missed a few)
Essendon - Zach Merrett (Yup)
Fremantle - Lachie Neale (Yup)
Geelong - Patrick Dangerfield (Selwood the only challenger but I'd say Danger)
Gold Coast - Tom Lynch (Yup)
GWS - Stephen Coniglio (Shaw, Ward, Shiel and Greene to challenge but Coniglio has been a consistent freak this year)
Hawthorn - Cyril Rioli (Mitchell and Gunston also up there. Hawks always toss up a surprise so you never know)
Melbourne - Max Gawn (He or Viney - Gawn for cult hero factor)
North Melbourne - Robbie Tarrant (agree with other posters on that. Only Wells could challenge IMO)
Port Adelaide - Robbie Gray (Yup)
Richmond - Dustin Martin (Yup)
St Kilda - Jack Steven (St Nick had an amazing season in midfield but Steven should take it home)
Sydney - Luke Parker (a number of mids + Franklin could win, but Parker has been more consistent over a larger number of games)
West Coast - Luke Shuey (Pridda, Gaff and JJK had great seasons also, but Shuey has gone another level)
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli (between he and Hunter)

Adelaide - Rory Sloane (Pretty straight forward - been a level up other guns like Betts and Lynch)
Brisbane - Dayne Zorko (between he and Rocky but Zorks has been more consistent)
Carlton - Kade Simpson (he's a player who could poll highly in every single one of their games. I anticipate a surprise)
Collingwood - Adam Treloar (between he and Pendles. Steele and Adams have missed a few)
Essendon - Zach Merrett (Yup)
Fremantle - Lachie Neale (Yup)
Geelong - Patrick Dangerfield (Selwood the only challenger but I'd say Danger)
Gold Coast - Tom Lynch (Yup)
GWS - Stephen Coniglio (Shaw, Ward, Shiel and Greene to challenge but Coniglio has been a consistent freak this year)
Hawthorn - Cyril Rioli (Mitchell and Gunston also up there. Hawks always toss up a surprise so you never know)
Melbourne - Max Gawn (He or Viney - Gawn for cult hero factor)
North Melbourne - Robbie Tarrant (agree with other posters on that. Only Wells could challenge IMO)
Port Adelaide - Robbie Gray (Yup)
Richmond - Dustin Martin (Yup)
St Kilda - Jack Steven (St Nick had an amazing season in midfield but Steven should take it home)
Sydney - Luke Parker (a number of mids + Franklin could win, but Parker has been more consistent over a larger number of games)
West Coast - Luke Shuey (Pridda, Gaff and JJK had great seasons also, but Shuey has gone another level)
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli (between he and Hunter)
Priddis and gaff have been average this season. Mcgovern should poll higher than both.

Shuey will probably win it and deserves to but i would love JJK to win it. Could possibly win back2 back colemans and yet have no B and F around his neck. If not now, i guess never for him.

Adelaide - Rory Sloane
Brisbane -
Carlton - Bryce Gibbs
Essendon - Zach Merrett
Fremantle - Lachie Neale
Gold Coast - Tom Lynch
GWS -
Hawthorn -
Melbourne - Max Gawn
North Melbourne -
Richmond - Dustin Martin
St Kilda - Jack Steven
Sydney - Luke Parker
West Coast - Luke Shuey
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli

Would be interested in people's thoughts as I want to have a real crack with the bookies this year.

Bryce Gibbs? I have to confess I haven't seen many Carlton games this year but the ones I have he's been fairly average. Would have thought Docherty or Simpson.

Danger is the obvious choice for us so far, with Selwood close behind... But I wouldn't be surprised if Enright took it out again. He's had a very solid year so far, playing his role, and has polled 34 coaches votes in the past five weeks.

Bryce Gibbs? I have to confess I haven't seen many Carlton games this year but the ones I have he's been fairly average. Would have thought Docherty or Simpson.

I've seen em all. Docherty was leading till around halfway but I expect Simpson to pip him at the post.

Cripps third then a bit of daylight followed by Gibbs and Touhy

Adelaide - Rory Sloane
Brisbane -Dayne Beams :p (Tom Rockliff.)
Carlton - Kade Simpson
Essendon - Zach Merrett
Fremantle - Lachie Neale
Gold Coast - Tom Lynch
GWS -Dylan Shiel
Hawthorn -
Melbourne - Max Gawn
North Melbourne -Tarrent
Richmond - Dustin Martin
St Kilda - Jack Steven
Sydney - Luke Parker
West Coast - Josh Kennedy
Western Bulldogs - Marcus Bontempelli or Lachie Hunter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand that mids and forwards get all the press but, if Luke Parker won it over Dane Rampe, it would be an absolute travesty. Rampe has been our MVP by quite a large margin IMO and has been the cornerstone of the best defence in the league - a defence which was widely lampooned before the season started.

I understand that mids and forwards get all the press but, if Luke Parker won it over Dane Rampe, it would be an absolute travesty. Rampe has been our MVP by quite a large margin IMO and has been the cornerstone of the best defence in the league - a defence which was widely lampooned before the season started.
Agreed. Rampe would be in it up to his eyeballs for Swans B&F.
This isn't the Brownlow! Defenders can actually win this one.

Recommend looking at the way each club does their polling then too. Some clubs (I think Geelong is one?) take each players best 18 games or something for the polling, some clubs have low voting (3-2-1) or high voting (3 coaches giving up to 10 votes for each player etc)

Agreed. Rampe would be in it up to his eyeballs for Swans B&F.
This isn't the Brownlow! Defenders can actually win this one.
When's the last time a midfielder didn't win the Swans' B&F? I think Hall might have won back in 2005 but since then it's been midfielders all the way.

I agree Rampe is in with a shot, and it should be the tightest count for many seasons, with as many as five players in with a serious chance (and Grundy not far off that group).

Wells has missed a few games, and since returning his form hasn't been great, clearly still not 100%.

I reckon Harvey wouldn't be too far behind Tarrant, he's put up some very good numbers again this year.
Gibson has also had a fairly consistent year, and the coaches love him.

I had Ben Stratton leading up until a month ago. Cyril has had a super 4 weeks so may have caught up a little, but the Hawks backline usually polls quite well

Remove this Banner Ad

Best and Fairest at each club 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back