Best Band You Have Seen Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I saw Slipknot on their first tour to Aus in 2000. Killer gig. Hadnt hit it that big just yet and it was a medium sized crowd at Thebby Theatre. Was about 45 degrees that day. The heat inside Thebby Theatre that night was ridiculous. The gig itself was crazy. Climbing up the speakers to climb into the booths to jump off and into the moshpit.

Love em or hate em, they put on a great show.

Yep, agree. Saw em a coupla years ago. Amazing to watch! Incredibly intense, and seeing that amount of activity on a stage was unbelievable!

2. Nirvana in '92. Kurt was cranky, it was so hot it rained inside the Palais, the mosh pit was a greased pig contest but it was a cracking gig. I lost five kilos.

I saw them at Thebarton Theater in Adelaide on the same tour. I skulled half a bottle of Johnny Walker just before they came on stage, 90 minutes later I walked out of the mosh pit sober as a judge I sweat so much. Most intense mosh pit although from what I remember Kurt was pretty aloof.

U2 - 1989
U2 - 2006

Kiss were awesome. Meatloaf puts on a great show.
Saw some great pub bands back in the 80's and 90's. Icehouse, Noiseworks, Hunters.
Phil Collins was great.
Jimmy Barnes back in 80's.
Hell, even Harry Connick jnr was ok. (scored major points for going to this one):D
Nearly forgot. The Eagles were just sensational. Supportrd by Melissa Ethridge. Man, she rocks, for a dike!!!!

I saw them at Thebarton Theater in Adelaide on the same tour. I skulled half a bottle of Johnny Walker just before they came on stage, 90 minutes later I walked out of the mosh pit sober as a judge I sweat so much. Most intense mosh pit although from what I remember Kurt was pretty aloof.
Yeah, the mosh was a sure way of sobering up. All the guys had their shirts off so it was a greased pig contest where you'd hit someone and just slide straight off them.

that Iggy Pop show at the Palace 1989 was in my top gigs of all time. the place should have got heritage protection just for that! damn port phillip city council!

Iggy sizing the crowd up, saying "Hahaha. ****ing Melbourne-too cool to dance, huh?" and then launching into "Search and Destroy" while launching himself twenty metres into the crowd was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Alanis Morrisette- Tennis Centre Dec 1996
Van Halen in 1998 at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne April 98
Brian May (Queen) band at the Palais Nov '98 <--- Dosen't get any better than that '98.

Billy Joel- Rod Laver Arena in 2006

New:
Shihad before Evanescence concert
Evanescence earlier '07 at Vodfone arena.

Suicidal Tendencies (with a phenomenally disappointing Alice in Chains)

Great gig by ST....AiC played about 6 songs with Layne opening with "Hello Sydney"....drummer kicked over his kit in frustration after "Rooster" and that was it.

AiC had some great songs - Dirt is a classic album.

On topic:

Helmet/Tool - Festival Hall (93?)
Metallica - Tennis Centre - 93
ACDC - Tennis Centre - Ballbreaker

Tragic that they were so long ago really - my next one is Crowded House later this year.

Would love to see Jack Johnson live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alanis Morrisette- Tennis Centre Dec 1996

I heard that was a belter.

The best i have seen would be Soundgarden at Festival Hall in about 1998 or 1997.

40 degree day, hungover, Festival Hall must have been 60 degrees - and they blew me away - amazing gig.
Jesus Christ Pose was so powerful it had people pinned against the back wall.

Kings of Leon at the Palace last year was the best I have seen in the last couple of years. **** they were loud.

Archie Bronson at the Corner is the best I have seen this year.

Saw him a few times back in the early 80s
He was Excellent

Search and Destroy was the anthem to my youth
I still love it

The Cure(2007)- absolutely amazing. 3 hour show. Just incredible.
AFI(2006)- despite really not liking their latest album, they were very good live and played some of their older, better stuff.
The Offspring(2004)- Just put on a good show and played a lot of their older, very good songs.

That'd be my 2nd best behind RATM at Festy in January. Nothing could match the energy of that concert. Within 3 seconds of the intro to testify my mate who'd been standing next to me had been thrown so we were 10m apart. Mental.

Can't beleive i'm the first person to say Daft Punk. Completely exceeded all my expectation's was truly awesome.

Pixies were awesome at festival hall as well not quite as good as daft punk but still very good.

Pantera @ Festival Hall 1994 - The first proper metal gig I ever went to,was only 14 at the time and thought I was gonna get crushed to death in the moshpit but had a ____ing blast!

Slayer @ Festival Hall 1995 - First time Slayer had ever come to Australia and I still remember it like it was yesterday. One of the most memorable experiences of my life. The anticipation was overwhelming and when they finally hit the stage and I heard the opening bars of Raining Blood it would be fair to say I lost the plot!!

This one doesn't really count as a band but I saw Roc Raida perform at the Espy in '06 and it was ____ing AMAZING!! Still stands up as one of the best gigs I have ever seen regardless of musical genre.

Tool last year at the Music Bowl.

Muse last year at Festival Hall and Rod Laver.

Queens of the Stone Age this year at the Metro (my favourite gig I've been to, I saw them in 03, but I thought this was better).

Not including any Festival gigs, can't be bothered.

The three bands/artists that I wish I saw but can't, due to deaths/broken up, are:
Nirvana
Kyuss
Elliott Smith

1.Ministry-Palace
2.Clash -Festival Hall
3.Monster Magnet-Palace
4.Ramones-Palace
5.The descendents-Denver town hall,Colorado
6.NoFX-Wall St.
7.Tool-Torquay Oval :eek:
8.Acker Dacker-Meyer Music Bowl :eek::eek:
9.Helmet-Festival Hall