Best Brownlow bets

Remove this Banner Ad

S.Thompson/Black/Judd/Cooney/Volt/Richo/Jimmy/Swan/Pav all to win their team votes @ 18.00

A lot could go wrong but I've chucked 20 on it.

Will check out some bigger bets soon.

lloyd also at $12 to win dons votes. He kicked 8 goals in opening round where they won and dominated when essendon had a 7 round blitz. Only thing is hes struggled to poll out all in recent years

who do people like between sam mitchell and buddy for the hawks?
also i have kane cornes just ahead of rodan and peter burgoyne to top port but am not confident, any insight would be good.

No you cannot. They are called multis...

Yes, they are, but if only 4/5 bets get up, you lose your entire money. They allow you to maximise your winnings in Horse Racing with parlay formula bets. If you go a parlay formula two with five events for $5 each, it costs you $50 all up and you only need to win 2/5 bets to make a return.

I can't see why this isn't done for all sports. It's exactly the same system as in Horse Racing.

Anyone know how Corey usually polls?

Having another look through he could be a smoky, I know Bartel and Ablett will take the majority of the BOG's but he was ultra consistant and as they win 21 games there'll be plenty of votes available.

Rd 1: 30 disposals, neither Ablett or Bartel dominant.
Rd 2: 30 disposals, 2 goals. Ablett and Bartel both very good but may get 1.
Rd 3: 34 disposals, 9 tackles. 2-3 votes.
Rd 4: 29 disposals. Bartel 31, in the mix for votes again.
Rd 6: 35 disposals. Neither Ablett or Bartel dominant.
Rd 7: 31 disposals. Bartel good as well, Ablett missed.
Rd 10: 34 disposals. Ablett very good.
Rd 12: 34 disposals. Ablett and Selwood very good.
Rd 14: 30 disposals. Bartel and Selwood very good.
Rd 15: 35 disposals. Bartel and Selwood good again.
Rd 16-21 he averages 30 disposals... Bartel gets plenty though.

Very consistant all year with a few chances at BOG. He's a hard one to predict but definatley in the mix for a top 5 finish.

Yeah have to agree with you Hess. He has had a consistent year and whilst he did poll poorly last year (12) the umpires can't ignore him forever. Don't think he can win it but I think he should at least be able to account for Judd in head to head, which all my multis are based around.

Also, too many blokes looking too hard to find a winner at big odds. Forget about it guys. Its not a horse race, the winner is guaranteed to be single figure odds so your'e better off finding someone shorter and laying more out than trying get a good return cheaply...

Yes, they are, but if only 4/5 bets get up, you lose your entire money. They allow you to maximise your winnings in Horse Racing with parlay formula bets. If you go a parlay formula two with five events for $5 each, it costs you $50 all up and you only need to win 2/5 bets to make a return.

I can't see why this isn't done for all sports. It's exactly the same system as in Horse Racing.

Yeah I know what you are saying. I just don't think the Tab find it practical. Some betting sites allow it eg. Centrebet

Yeah I know what you are saying. I just don't think the Tab find it practical. Some betting sites allow it eg. Centrebet

Fair enough.

I'll chuck five lots of $5 multis on the bets that I said. If Richo, Thompson, Bruce, Franklin and Lloyd all poll the most votes, I'll win back approx $2125.

If four of the five get up, I'll win either $83, $357, $416, $624 or $645.

If I did ten lots of $5 multis with three players in each of the ten, I won't even be making a profit two of those ten times if only three of the five get up, so I don't think it's worth it. Plus I'm outlaying $50 and will only win back $1600 or something if all five get up.

I reckon like the look of Simon Black and Cooney to do well tonight.

Ive taken :

*Black 1.62 to beat Selwood 2.25 H2H
*Cooney 1.83 to beat Riewoldt 1.95 H2H
*Group A: Black/Judd/Corey/Selwood/Richardson , 3.50 on Black to win group
* Cooney for the WIN $23, PLACE $4.60

good luck with your bets

i think also cooney polls votes throughout the season, whereas ablett and bartel have periods where they dont poll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I back someone for a place, and they finish 4th in votes, yet Franklin finishes above them, does that mean they get the place because Buddy is ineligble?

Cooney will be top three after about round twelve, but will struggle to finish top five, IMO. I'd actually be very surprised if he finished with a placing. I'm thinking he will poll around 16-18 votes, so make of that what you will.

My bets
10 on thompson for place $38.50

10 on multi most votes:riewoldt, cooney, black,pav, harvey, mcveigh, judd, swan, thompson $12.54

10 on group votes: Black group 2, franklin 5, cox 4, bock 6 $53.13

10 on multi most votes: buddy, harvey, swan, black, pav, thompson, richo, kirk, cooney, judd $58.37

$50 on black start of year at $26 to win
$20 on black at $31 to win and 10$ for a place at 8.50
$20 bartel-black quinella payin $50
10 on ablett-black quinella payin $28
$15 on harvey-black quinella payin $50

$20 multi most votes: riewoldt, cornes, bruce, black, thompson, cooney, richo, harvey, swan, cox $55.13

$10 multi :mitchell, bruce, kirk, richo, black, pav, judd, cooney payin $41.08

Do people really believe Ablett wil win the Brownlow after missing 5 games or is it just because his name is Gary Ablett...

Who do we think will get most votes for melbourne. In wy multi i put any other player. I think Morton might poll well seeing the team will not get many votes and he was BOG against WCE, also wheatley (sp)

Joel Corey (posted in other thread) to poll 18 votes or less. Had money on each amount up to 17-18 votes. Was on him last year as a smoky but struggled to poll and with the continued improvement of selwood i think he will struggle to get past 12/13 votes.

All of the below are linked into Multis....

Aker to lead group 1- He and Cooney should share most of the doggies votes in the first half which will help him get more than Bateman, Hayes, O'Keefe, and Palmer...Only threat Bateman, but very minimal..

Pav to lead group 3- Was lookin to back palmer to knock off pav in freo's most votes...it wasn't until i did a bit of study that i realised that pav had a bloody good year, even though freo struggled...should account for swan, kirk, thompson, and the igniter..

Buddy to lead group 7- its a risk, with his teammates being the only danger...the group includes mitchell, hodge, goodes, simpson, kerr

Tip- If backing buddy to win hawks most votes you are better off just backing him to win group 7...

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Brownlow bets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back