Best cricket ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Adelaide Oval is brilliant to watch any sport - more footy should be played there I say.

BUT

The SACA are destroying the ground! What's the story with all those glorified tents? Each year, we see another piece of the hill gobbled up and it's destroying the aesthetic of the ground.

What the hell have the heritage trust been doing? Sitting on their fat clackers while money-hungry administrators vandalise the Adelaide Oval? Correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am, but I even thought I saw a modified Richardson gates?

The way it's going, the Adelaide Oval will resemble the SCG in a couple of years - an ad-hoc assembly of ugly, oversized toilet blocks.

There was an English Cricketer, I can't remember who (it may have been Gooch) who said that the Eastern Oval here in Ballarat was his favourite Australian ground for Cricket.

(England played a tour match agaist Vic here when the Southern Stand was being built, and also a world cup match v Sri Lanka in 1992)

It is nice, and one of the parts of Ballarat I'm very proud of.

Anyone for the Bullring?

Also, some of grounds in the Windies are quite nice, though nothing beats a packed MCG!

Footnote... I have a friend who is planning on moving to England to play there... many nice ovals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best cricket ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back