Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Good question. The answer lifts the lid on a serious Fagan problem at the Lions. Here's my opinion & what I believe to also be the opinion of significant numbers of Lions Members & Supporters.

This is a case of two players with high integrity & a Head Coach with either very little integrity or one who is suffering from delusion. Blind Freddy can see Daniel Rich & Jack Gunston (for quite some time now) need to preserve their memory & retire. They are a huge liability to the team when selected. This fact however hasn't deterred Fagan from selecting them to play at every possible opportunity to the determent of the Clubs best interests.

When the Lions lost to the Crows the game preceding their bye, members & supporters disgust towards Coach Fagan's competency at the selection table grew substantially. Unperturbed & seemingly being unaccountable to the Board Fagan selected Rich & Gunston again for their loss to the Hawks. In a pregame interview, Fagan praised Gunston's performances & his value to the Lion's team. Fagan's words were self-serving rubbish which he himself must have known to be untrue. If Fagan was not being intentionally deceptive on this occasion, then he is truly a deluded man, either way is bad news for the Lions. Under "Fagan Rule" the Lions have consistently not field their best possible team due to selection decisions. The consequences of this are avoidable losses, the stifling of youth development & player disharmony. Their loss to the Hawks cut the playing group deeply. A top two finish, assuring the Lions a chance to reach the Grand Final without leaving home, is now unlikely. Fagan's team selection has been the major factor in their last two losses. The playing group are aware of this & drastic changes needed to be made. "Someone" had to do "something".

Daniel Rich's & Jack Gunston's showed great character & became the "SOMEONE" to do "SOMETHING" and on the Monday saw Fagan & asked to be omitted from the team. Obviously the two players had no faith in Fagan doing the right thing by the Club & omitting them from the team.

The lid has now been lifted with more questions more questions needing to be asked about the decisions made by Fagan at the Lions. Being very smart cookies, the AFL is hosing down any hint of controversy. The headline & first sentence from an article from their website (shown below) does not truly represent the situation making Fagan the tough decision maker which is not the case. Knowing Fagan's team selection is deeply flawed, the players made the big selection call.

Veteran Lions left out of Swans clash, 'not happy' with their form

Chris Fagan has made a big selection call in the wake of Brisbane's shock loss to Hawthorn in round 13
By Michael Whiting
STRUGGLING Brisbane veterans Jack Gunston and Daniel Rich have been left out of the Lions team to play Sydney on Friday night.

Coach Chris Fagan made the announcement at his Thursday morning press conference, saying both players had approached him on Monday morning to discuss their form......................................................................

Questionable selection choices have raised eyebrows & attracted criticism from significant numbers of Lions Members/Supporters for most of Fagan's years at the Lions. Fagan has a history at the Lions of being unwilling or unable to make decisions to correct his mistakes or in any way possibly draw attention to them. When the unjustifiable demotion of Keidan Coleman to Sub, in the Clubs loss to Hawthorn, was raised during last week's post-game press conference, Fagan's childish reaction only served to avoid answering what was indeed a very good question. Keidan Coleman has more pace than Rich & is a better user of the ball than Rich. When Brisbane's pace compared with Hawthorn's was a known issue going into the game, Coleman's omission made no sense whatsoever & the question begged to be asked. If this was horse racing the Stewards would most certainly have queried Fagan over this selection decision to maintain the integrity of Racing.

Under Fagan's control the Lions have recruited unwanted Hawthorn players Hodge, Birchall & Gunston at the expense of developing the Clubs junior players. Hodge was slow & filled no specific need. Birchall was also slow & filled no specific need. Gunston filled no specific need & arrived at the Lions cooked & has fallen on his sword mid-season in his first year. Fagan's actions make it clear he is willing use his position at the Brisbane Lions to secure financial benefits for Hawthorn rejects detrimental to the interests of the Club who employ him.

Under Fagan's control, Brisbane Lions "shock losses" to his beloved Hawks are no longer a shock & have become an annual event. Fagan has clearly demonstrated he is willing to benefit his connections from the Hawks to the detriment of his current employer, the Brisbane Lions. Many of Fagan's makes team selection decisions clearly weaken his own team. When publicly asked to explain, for the first time, one his team selections in this year's loss to the Hawks, Fagan's reaction left a lot to be desired & only served to avoid properly addressing the question.

With a shadow still over Fagan's integrity, with the unresolved Hawthorn inquiry, I believe it is now reasonable for serious consideration to be given to his fitness to hold any position at the Brisbane Lions.

Finally, the Lions are still capable of winning the Premiership this season. This appears to be the only way he could dig himself out of the hole he has dug himself into, restore some credibility & continue with the Club next season.

I ain't reading all that

I'm happy for you though

Or sorry that happened

Everyone banging on about Cupido a couple weeks ago because he kicked 16, what a great bloke still involved at country footy blah blah blah, well tell that to some of his previous clubs where team mates had to start hiding their wallets. Good footballers don't automatically make good people

Damian hasn't changed a bit. :tongueoutv1:

Screenshot 2023-06-20 042356.png

On Fagan
I thought he was having a seizure in the box the other week
I happened to flick it over and I'm guessing he didn't like what he saw on the field and his hands went over his eyes with head down and he was screaming about something, not just once either, his head looked like it was shaking like a spasm
Was waiting for a head explosion from Scanners moment tbh

Gday everyone.

It is a rumour but I heard it from a credible source but let’s all hope it isn’t true that “kid” from the 2019 digital r*pe scandal is now a player……… as a father of 2 teenage girls this sickens me to think that a certain club gives privileges to individuals with a history of misconduct….

Gday everyone.

It is a rumour but I heard it from a credible source but let’s all hope it isn’t true that “kid” from the digital r*pe scandal is now a player……… as a father of 2 teenage girls this sickens me to think that a certain club gives privileges to individuals with a history of misconduct….
Interested on your thoughts on Essendon players with known indiscretions? Revoked your membership a few years back?

Interested on your thoughts on Essendon players with known indiscretions? Revoked your membership a few years back?

All disturbing but what’s more disturbing is how they are givin special privileges to people like that. crook and corrupt. Opportunity could be given to a fella with capabilities of basic human respect which this kid doesn’t have. He should be on the so registry with no prospect of being drafted. My Sympathy goes to the young girls family

All disturbing but what’s more disturbing is how they are givin special privileges to people like that. crook and corrupt. Opportunity could be given to a fella with capabilities of basic human respect which this kid doesn’t have. He should be on the so registry with no prospect of being drafted. My Sympathy goes to the young girls family
So you would delist the player on your list who i’m inferring?

An AFL player could be in some serious hot water sometime soon, with continual threats of serious violence to a former partner, through his children's phones because she has blocked him. She hasnt gone public because his salary helps support their kids, and she wants him to stay away playing for as long as possible so the kids can grow up in a safer environment. Pretty dreadful stuff.

Hmm

An AFL player could be in some serious hot water sometime soon, with continual threats of serious violence to a former partner, through his children's phones because she has blocked him. She hasnt gone public because his salary helps support their kids, and she wants him to stay away playing for as long as possible so the kids can grow up in a safer environment. Pretty dreadful stuff.
How stupid would you have to be to threaten someone via text?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm as in "Hmm"
Bummer a lot of you dont see the issue… hardly pissed about this. I remember hearing about this back in 2019 thinking surely the boy has ruined his chance to ever be drafted… apparently not. The future of afl is lookin real grim if people dont give a rats about this. Accountability was somewhat important a decade ago. Not good

Gday everyone.

It is a rumour but I heard it from a credible source but let’s all hope it isn’t true that “kid” from the 2019 digital r*pe scandal is now a player……… as a father of 2 teenage girls this sickens me to think that a certain club gives privileges to individuals with a history of misconduct….
Yes, he’s definitely listed.

playing senior footy?
Not sure if he has had a run yet or not, but definitely on a list. Hope he has cleaned his act up, as you can imagine that incident caused plenty of trauma, not really the thing you can write off as a teenage mistake at all IMO.

Last edited:
Not sure if he has had a run yet or not, but definitely on a list. Hope he has cleaned his act up, as you can imagine that incident caused plenty of trauma, not really the thing you can write off as a teenage mistake IMO.
Exactly mate. I cant say much for respect to the girl as she is traumatised and very much in her youth. I don’t want more trauma for the poor girl… but the source I know says the afl is aware yet nothing is being done… the boy has far from changed and the old man got him in without so much as a piss of a struggle… boasting and bragging. That opportunity should have been given to a kid who earned it

I made an account just for this. Who is this “kid”? Trying to make him sound like a child when in reality you’re a fully grown adult. We look up to these men. It’s bringing shame to a good sport. It makes me sick honestly. We need to go to the media on this one boys.

The victims families hands are tied. NDA ?? Possibly told to stfu and settle. The afl knows this and the old man of this lil sicko knows what strings to pull.

I made an account just for this. Who is this “kid”? Trying to make him sound like a child when in reality you’re a fully grown adult. We look up to these men. It’s bringing shame to a good sport. It makes me sick honestly. We need to go to the media on this one boys.
The media know, they won’t touch it, awful as it is.

I made an account just for this. Who is this “kid”? Trying to make him sound like a child when in reality you’re a fully grown adult. We look up to these men. It’s bringing shame to a good spoIt makes me sick honestly. We need to go to the media on this one boys.
The victims families hands are tied. NDA ?? Possibly told to stfu and settle. The afl knows this and the old man of this lil sicko knows what strings to pull.
Any clue on who it is? North melb?

The girl needs justice and the kid is not a minor anymore. Any of you enablers prepared to say his name?
Hold on mate. Calling me an enabler when I bought this to the attention of this thread. Writing it on here on won’t do much good. Its about what the afl is gonna do about it and they wont do jack!! We are all 99 percent sure if his name and it’s going around all the nothern suburbs. This kid has many connections from his old man who also isnt a saint

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back