Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

It's interesting that Bailey Smith has no intention to return from his injury this year when McStay and Melksham have returned quickly, and Docherty is hoping to return.

Do you think this has something to do with Geelong courting him?
The Bulldogs will be one of their finals competitors so they want an easier Bulldogs opposition ?

It's interesting that Bailey Smith has no intention to return from his injury this year when McStay and Melksham have returned quickly, and Docherty is hoping to return.

The Bulldogs will be one of their finals competitors so they want an easier Bulldogs opposition ?
I read that the Bulldogs didn’t want to risk his trade value

Or he's just not ready and there's nothing to read into.

Melksham did his ACL in August and returned in July (11 months), a similar time frame to Ashcroft (July/June). Smith did his in December so 11 months takes him to November.

McStay and Docherty are yet to return to AFL level and might not, and are both outliers in terms of recovery times.

Melksham did his ACL in August and returned in July (11 months), a similar time frame to Ashcroft (July/June). Smith did his in December so 11 months takes him to November.

McStay and Docherty are yet to return to AFL level and might not, and are both outliers in terms of recovery times.
McStay has played the last two weeks.

What?

Nah it isn't. Pretty sure I heard the club saying they were protecting his trade value.

Right you are. Point still stands, he's an outlier. Not sure why some players come back faster than others, Tony Liberatore somehow did it in 18 weeks back in the day. Most take close to a year.
I think Libba was waking up in the middle of the night to put ice on his knee. He had a really disciplined recovery program which sped up healing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right you are. Point still stands, he's an outlier. Not sure why some players come back faster than others, Tony Liberatore somehow did it in 18 weeks back in the day. Most take close to a year.
Agreed.
Smith did his ACL in December and he doesn't seem to want to rush it. Doggies are either keeping him on ice for the year to have him cherry ripe for 2025 or they know he's gone and figured it's not worth the effort.
Obviously all speculation on my part.
Melksham and McStay did theirs in August. Both were really unlucky, anyone who does a knee always makes me feel bad. Docherty was bloody unlucky.

Agreed.
Smith did his ACL in December and he doesn't seem to want to rush it. Doggies are either keeping him on ice for the year to have him cherry ripe for 2025 or they know he's gone and figured it's not worth the effort.
Obviously all speculation on my part.
Melksham and McStay did theirs in August. Both were really unlucky, anyone who does a knee always makes me feel bad. Docherty was bloody unlucky.
Freudian slip?

I think Libba was waking up in the middle of the night to put ice on his knee. He had a really disciplined recovery program which sped up healing.
He also said he was on the exercise bike very early pushing through the pain. For some if they push to hard it is detrimental but for libba this was not the case. Also being quite short if I had to guess this would make it easier coming back from a reconstruction making a full recovery as opposed to taller players. Tom doodee and that Sydney player (Alex Johnson?) a few years back come to mind as tall players who weren't able to make successful comebacks from reconstructions.

Everyone responds differently to surgery and recovery

Also this whole argument is based on a fallacy

Why do BigFoopy posters froth fallacies

incredible. just went down a bigfooty rabbit hole and read back through:

• kate jesaulenko alias melting thread
  • hamish mclachlan/rompingwins/cotchin dog thread
  • worst 200 game player ever thread

can anyone suggest more legendary threads like this because that was way too enjoyable
for me this thread will never be beaten. It had everything, including barrel racing.

for me this thread will never be beaten. It had everything, including barrel racing.
The Transatlantic Cup is currently taking place in Toronto, mens and womens comps.
I wonder if she is there representing Canada?

edit: she is not.

incredible. just went down a bigfooty rabbit hole and read back through:

• kate jesaulenko alias melting thread
  • hamish mclachlan/rompingwins/cotchin dog thread
  • worst 200 game player ever thread

can anyone suggest more legendary threads like this because that was way too enjoyable
This isn't a rumours/dirt thread, but I enjoyed it. On the 10th of April, 2015, after West Coast finished 13th in and 2013, and 9th in 2014, this person started a thread saying that the club were the real deal. Well, HEAPS of people totally piled on top of him, but the Eagles kept improving and got to the Grand Final! There was 'muchos' egg on face, and even a few apologies

Last edited:

All the crazy

This isn't a rumours/dirt thread, but I enjoyed it. On the 10th of April, 2015, after West Coast finished 13th in and 2013, and 9th in 2014, this person started a thread saying that the club were the real deal. Well, HEAPS of people totally piled on top of him, but the Eagles kept improving, and finished 2nd after the last round, then lost the prelim. There was 'muchos' egg on face

West Coast won their 2015 prelim v North. Can't remember the GF, did we win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back