Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not really a rumour, just one of the internal anecdotes from year ago.
I was reminded of the Paul VanderHaar testimonial that Essendon put on for him in 1989.
The club had a variety of speakers, however my favourite was Terry Daniher.
Simon Madden had given an eloquent speech on the playing ability, both on and off field of the great Vanda.
TD was announced as the next speaker. The crowd of several hundred hushed as the captain of the club stood and spoke.
His speech went something along the lines of:
By gees you know, the old Vanda eh?
He's a bloody character the old Vanda.
He's bloody...you know..he's just a bloody character isn't he?
There's probably a million stories you could tell about the old bloody Vanda.
I'm just buggered if I can remember any of them at the minute.
But he's a good bloke, and fun to have a on a footy trip.
And yeah, just a bloody funny character.

And that was about it.

Gee, that's a blast from the past. I got to know him a little bit when he was still working as a bouncer roughly 10 years ago, I think at the Croydon Hotel. He put out an autobiography a while ago

Love Dave, he only chased me once. I was still running 6 hours later

His brother "Jack iirc played for Mitcham Footy.
We had multiple issues with each other "apparently " 👊

Gee, that's a blast from the past. I got to know him a little bit when he was still working as a bouncer roughly 10 years ago, I think at the Croydon Hotel. He put out an autobiography a while ago

Area was the nightclub of the Croydon iirc

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At my old work, my boss who was a heavy punter use to tell me that he would frequently see Eddie betts at the local TAB. This was before he went to the crows.

Any truth to the rumour that a senior Crows player has been dropped due to failing an in-club drug test?
Not sure on that one. The link to the Eddie Betts rumour is linked to Bryce also . I'm not sure Bryce is subject to an in club suspension as he got picked last week. Any substance to this rumour means he wouldnt even be considered an emergency

Edit: Added. If it is JJ then he wouldnt be playing SANFL either

Last edited:
At my old work, my boss who was a heavy punter use to tell me that he would frequently see Eddie betts at the local TAB. This was before he went to the crows.
Mates used to see one of the good, unsung Hawks from the era (can't remember who exactly) down the Burwood Road TAB feeding pineapples through for hours.

Footballers ****ing love it and I think just do it through boredom.

Nothing on every afternoon, can't drink, shouldn't take drugs, rooting isn't that easy to always navigate... they ****ing love the shit. Way too much money for their own good.

Mates used to see one of the good, unsung Hawks from the era (can't remember who exactly) down the Burwood Road TAB feeding pineapples through for hours.

Footballers ******* love it and I think just do it through boredom.

Nothing on every afternoon, can't drink, shouldn't take drugs, rooting isn't that easy to always navigate... they ******* love the ****. Way too much money for their own good.
Used to see Schwabby down there all the time at that TAB, in the era he was coaching hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney/Geelong in a salary cap scrap over Gary Rohan. This is the real reason for Gary Rohans outburst. Sydney told Geelong they would pay 150k, Geelong told Gary Rohans management, Sydney would pay him way more then that.

Essentially, Geelong told Gary Rohan he was getting X amount per year and he is actually getting considerably less. Gary/Geelong are saying Sydney is lieing whereas Sydney are a bit bemused as to them they never deviated figured and were always only paying him 150k.

Gary chucking a tanty over it when in reality his manager did a shithouse job and essentially signed contracts without reading them (you had one job mate). All a bit stupid when you think about it deeply. You are signing a service contract for monetary return. Wouldnt you atleast read the monetary figure?

Players bleach their hair peroxide blond when they've had a big weekend on the pingers and have a feeling the testers might be nearby. It kills of all follicle tests.
Pubes too? Am I even allowed to say pubes here anymore? Do we even have pubes in the Google overlord era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back