freo grover

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2004
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
What team do you will have the best forward line going into the 2007 season?

Trying not to sound bias, I would have to say Freo would be up there, if not the best now. Of course that all depends on whether Tarrant can live up to expectations and that Farmer and Pav continue to dominate. While the young Murphy keeps developing and Sandilands and Longmuir rotating up forward.

Sounds pretty good to me

Freo will have an awesome forward line next year, but whos gonna get it to them Haselby- injury prone, Bell - too slow, Carr- to defensive, Headland - to????? Midfields win premierships....

Brisbanes forward line still strong, watch Brown, Power, Bradshaw, Brennan, Merrit.... but they wont see much of it either.

But I think definately Sydney have the best, most talented forward line in the comp, with Hall, O'Keefe, Schneider, O'Loughlin, Davis etc, and a hard working midfield that can get it to them:thumbsu:

knackers27 said:
Not saying they are the best but a forward line with a big future is

Fisher Whitnall Waite
Kennedy Fevola betts

With Murphy and potentially gibbs floating through

Likewise with

Crawford Williams Dowler
Franklin Roughead Dixon

With Muston and Little potentially floating through.

Talent wise:

Fremantle, Melbourne, St Kilda

Productivity wise:

Sydney, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne (maybe Freo as well, but we really don't know if Taz will slot in well)

Judd the Great Man said:
Freo will have an awesome forward line next year, but whos gonna get it to them Haselby- injury prone, Bell - too slow, Carr- to defensive, Headland - to????? Midfields win premierships....

Brisbanes forward line still strong, watch Brown, Power, Bradshaw, Brennan, Merrit.... but they wont see much of it either.

But I think definately Sydney have the best, most talented forward line in the comp, with Hall, O'Keefe, Schneider, O'Loughlin, Davis etc, and a hard working midfield that can get it to them:thumbsu:

Haselby isnt injury prone, only this year he has been injured. Belly, JCarr are still great players. But we've also got Peake, Johnson, Schammer who are just getting better. But dont get me started on healand, waste of oxygen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monkeyboy said:
Lloyd, Lucas and Johns looks nice. Very nice!

Saints, Freo, Carlton look the best of the rest.

If Lloyd starts next season even half as good as he did this one, he will be very hard to stop and could lift the bombers up the ladder a few places

Kaitsey said:
WCE by far.

hahahahaha :eek:

as someone else said, our midfield needs work so we can get a decent amound of supply to it.

I mean I could spend $500K on a nice dunny, but with out decent plumbing for water supply I just end up with a big bucket of poo.

Definitely the dockers on paper. But only if Tarrant can deliver on his potential and is played HFF and feeding Pav, Murphy etc.

As for the midfield...that would be the same one as last year that got us into 3rd spot and a game out of the GF, plus a few likely youngsters..ie: Johnson and Mundy coming in there next season from the backline, plus of course Solomon coming now and then to give some grunt.

Our mid field is seriously under-rated and that is how we like it.

On paper, St Kilda still looks very impressive with at least Gehrig, Riewoldt, Hamill, Milne.

For Essendon, if both Lloyd and Lucas fire, then they'll do ok. The problem might be that Lucas will be needed more down back.

Fremantle looks pretty good too.

Hawthorn I think has one of the most talented upcoming foward lines. Williams I don't think has peaked yet, and Buddy, Roughead and Dowler are seriously talented.

I think Sydney and West Coat will be probably very similar to this year. Bulldogs will have a bunch of of fast midsized fowards. Be interesting to see how Darcy and Murphy come back from injury.

Brisbane I think has a pretty good foward line in a rebuilding team. Brown and Bradshaw work great in tandem. I also like the look of Mitch Clark at CHF next year to provide another tall option. We have crumbers in McGrath, Hooper and Corrie, and flankers to pinch hit up forward in Brennan and Notting (although his kicking has been down). Our problem will be our defense IMO.

Kaitsey said:
WCE by far.
:p :p

Luckily they don't otherwise they would win the next 5 flags.

I think St Kildas:

Kosi Riewoldt Hamill

Milne Gehrig

any of those can kick a massive bag. Toss Gardi in there too now.

freo grover said:
What team do you will have the best forward line going into the 2007 season?

Trying not to sound bias, I would have to say Freo would be up there, if not the best now. Of course that all depends on whether Tarrant can live up to expectations and that Farmer and Pav continue to dominate. While the young Murphy keeps developing and Sandilands and Longmuir rotating up forward.

Sounds pretty good to me

Woops didnt see this thread. I say Freo

Adnar said:
:p :p

Luckily they don't otherwise they would win the next 5 flags.

I think St Kildas:

Kosi Riewoldt Hamill

Milne Gehrig

any of those can kick a massive bag. Toss Gardi in there too now.

It would be interesting to compare each forward lines best so far.

Gehrig - 10
Riewoldt - 9
Milne - 11
Hamill - 7
Kosi - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Forward line in AFL...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back