Prediction Best Lineup for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Been playing around with this for a while.

FB - M Bergman A Corr LMcDonald
CHB - Z Fisher K Dawson B Scott
C - D Stephens LDU J Goater
CHF - T Thomas C Comben H Sheezal
FF - C Zurhaar N Larkey P Curtis
Ruck - CCJ W Phillips G Wardlaw
Bench - J Simpkin, E Ford, T Powell, J Stephenson, D Tucker

Key points.
  • I liked Bailey off half back, would like to see him back there to give us some run and and carry from back half with Zac
  • Biggest holes are ruck and CHF. Will be interesting to see if Comben goes back, if he does then I am not sure who our starting CHF is.
  • Forward line looks super dangerous, hopefully Paul and Bull can come in fit and steaming.
  • Would love to see Dawson get a decent crack at playing a key defensive post, looks like he has the attributes to do so.
That would be the most run and carry from a NMFC starting backline 6 than we've seen in a long time.

Suspect the coach disagrees with CCJ over Xerri as starting ruck.

That would be the most run and carry from a NMFC starting backline 6 than we've seen in a long time.

Suspect the coach disagrees with CCJ over Xerri as starting ruck.
Suspect you might be correct and it's kinda a nil all draw btw X and CCJ but i am hoping CCJ has a massive pre-season and shows something.

Reckon X's ceiling is lower, but again its a low bar.

Suspect you might be correct and it's kinda a nil all draw btw X and CCJ but i am hoping CCJ has a massive pre-season and shows something.

It sort of is being faced with your least 2 favourites at the bottom of the Cadbury Favourites box.

Neither have had a good run without injuries historically, fair chance one of them gets to R1 with a proper preseason and that player gets the gong.

It sort of is being faced with your least 2 favourites at the bottom of the Cadbury Favourites box.

Neither have had a good run without injuries historically, fair chance one of them gets to R1 with a proper preseason and that player gets the gong.
both will play unless we bring in soldo or darcy etc
one as the number 1 ruck
one as the chf that pinch hits ruck

both will play unless we bring in soldo or darcy etc
one as the number 1 ruck
one as the chf that pinch hits ruck
I have no issue with Xerri as 1st ruck and CCJ at CHF. Ziebell's comments today suggested similar.

Guess this assumes Chom is at CHB which may not be necessary with Pink / Dawson / Corr available for the key posts (I don't rate Biggie as more than developmental at best).

I have no issue with Xerri as 1st ruck and CCJ at CHF. Ziebell's comments today suggested similar.

Guess this assumes Chom is at CHB which may not be necessary with Pink / Dawson / Corr available for the key posts (I don't rate Biggie as more than developmental at best).
Think you are underrating Biggie

Is very mobile can also ruck if needed I think he’s a good tall to partner comben and Corr back there

Is very mobile can also ruck if needed I think he’s a good tall to partner comben and Corr back there
I know you're an embodiment of P.I. Staker but as yet he's played one game and hasn't proven jack shit. Have a spell and let the lad prove his worth before making a judgment

Last edited:

Guess we'll see, I've only seen highlights but seems to have the athletic tools but not enough game presence and technique to be anything more than break glass in emergency at AFL level.
I know you're an embodiment of P.I. Staker but as yet he's played one game and hasn't proven jack s**t. Have a spell and let the lad prove his worth before making a judgment
I had to look up who P.I. Staker was, brain like a sieve as I've actually seen Hot Fuzz :expressionless:

Bergman Logue Corr
Scott Chom Fisher
Goater LDU Stephens
Stephenson CCJ Sheezel
Thomas Larkey Zurhaar
Xerri Wardlaw Simpkin
Powell Phillips Ford Shiels
McDonald

So you can still sit at X's bar and you won' bang your head?

TRhe best teams have at least one elite small forward, and a crew of very god support smalls too.

We're going to have Robert Hansen Jnr, who is a kid from the WAFL Colts and Kayne Turner.

(Presuming we don't draft Watson)

TRhe best teams have at least one elite small forward, and a crew of very god support smalls too.

We're going to have Robert Hansen Jnr, who is a kid from the WAFL Colts and Kayne Turner.

Another reason why I expect watto with one of our top 3 picks

One of the ITK mentioned clarko was a big fan and as of now we’d be taking him
That contradicts to cals info so will see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I've got everyone on the list so far.

Senior Side

B: Bergman, Pink, McDonald
HB: Fisher, Corr, Sheezel
C: Stephens, Wardlaw, Scott
HF: Zurhaar, Comben, Thomas
F: Curtis, Larkey, Ford
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Phillips
Int: CCJ, Powell, Goater, Simpkin.
Sub: Tucker.

Assuming Bonar, Mahony and Turner all get delisted

VFL

B: Archer, Dawson, Davis
HB: Pick 15, Nyuon, Downie
C: Shiels, Pick 2, Pick 3
HF: Stephenson, George, Taylor
F: Harvey, Sellers, Hansen Jnr
Foll: Free, Greenwood, Lazzaro
Int: Pick 17, Pick 18, Lowson, Watkins

Long Term Injuries: Logue

I know, the idea has merit, but our key forward stocks are bloody slim. Would prefer to have Comben there over CCJ who offers bugger all in the forward line.
I agree I’m just saying what’s likely going to happen

B: Nyuon Corr McDonald
HB: Fisher Comben Goater
C: Stephens Phillips Thomas
HF: Sheezel CCJ Curtis
F: Zurhaar Larkey Sleevo
R: Xerri Simpkin LDU
I: Ford Wardlaw Scott Powell
Sub: Tucker/CT

Not what I want to happen
Otherwise I’d have dropped bailey the butcher

B: Archer Corr Dawson
HB: Goater Comben Bergman
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Thomas Greenwood Stephenson
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: George Simpkin McKerchar Durrsma S: Shiels
E: Phillips Stephens Powell Tucker Fisher

B: Archer Corr Dawson
HB: Goater Comben Bergman
C: Ford LDU Scott
HF: Thomas Greenwood Stephenson
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: George Simpkin McKerchar Durrsma S: Shiels
E: Phillips Stephens Powell Tucker Fisher
About seven players in that lineup that have proper defensive blood in them. I look forward to winning every game 23 goals to 20

About seven players in that lineup that have proper defensive blood in them. I look forward to winning every game 23 goals to 20
Yep. f*** it
1993 all over again!

Not a north fan but gave their best 23 a go, critique me as much as possible.

B: Goater, Logue, McDonald
HB: Sheezel, Corr, Scott
M: Fisher, Simpkin, Phillips
HF: Ford, Zurhaar, Powell
F: Stephenson, Larkey, Curtis
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Thomas
Int: Bergman, Taylor, Stephens, CCJ
Sub: Shiels
Eme: Wardlaw, Greenwood, Comben

I am not including anyone yet to be drafted, have I missed anybody, is anybody changing positions from where they played last season?

They'll either move Sheezel forward or just play Fisher there.

Not a north fan but gave their best 23 a go, critique me as much as possible.

B: Goater, Logue, McDonald
HB: Sheezel, Corr, Scott
M: Fisher, Simpkin, Phillips
HF: Ford, Zurhaar, Powell
F: Stephenson, Larkey, Curtis
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Thomas
Int: Bergman, Taylor, Stephens, CCJ
Sub: Shiels
Eme: Wardlaw, Greenwood, Comben

I am not including anyone yet to be drafted, have I missed anybody, is anybody changing positions from where they played last season?
No way ccj starts ahead of a healthy comben ( or anyone for that matter)

Mcdonald is on thin ice, in fact that effort is full of holes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Best Lineup for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back