List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay in theory. However, I have no confidence in our list management crew to bring in the right players. Not sure how anyone could, based on their previous efforts. I would rather we filled the obvious gaps via the draft.
Yes I'm totally with you we still need to hit the draft hard for at least the next 2 years and trading in players where we can. Our time is coming lets make it a dynasty.

Regards the possibility of Houston coming to North you do wonder whether Horne Francis has got in his ear about his experiences at North and whether this will be something that Houston may consider in his decision. Just a thought. I doubt it would have been a glowing reference although Clarkson is coach now 🤔

They want Boak to play on too and he is burnt to a crisp.
Parker is not far behind Boak in being burnt …
He’s running on the spot in a lot of the swans games…
Interesting to see how he goes with the next level pace in the GF. If he looks ok there , then no problem but if he’s a pace behind then wtf trade for another plodder ?
History tells us swabs don’t give up nothing.. they get every last bit of every player before they think of moving them on or they pick spuds early & make stupid teams pay overs … Dylan Stephens says hi 👋
That’s why they are the power they are … it’s not just academy bs we want to tell ourselves…

FK me. Feel like banging my head against a wall. Kids can’t lead kids. Kids can’t develop kids.

Jy has won 26% of his career games.
LMac 34%

We are a team of losers. We don’t have the knowledge or behaviours required to win footy.

Houston, parker, Daniel all from footy programs that are playing September footy.

An 18 year old kid in the draft isn’t going to fill the biggest ****ing gap we have. The experience of what it takes to win games of footy.

If you're an out of contract player likely to be delisted, turn up to 6-8 clubs with a mate wearing a suit and tie and 'tour' around the facility. Hopefully word mistakenly gets out that clubs are actually touring you round and one or two recruiting managers (no names) acquire FOMO.

FK me. Feel like banging my head against a wall. Kids can’t lead kids. Kids can’t develop kids.

LMac 34%

We are a team of losers. We don’t have the knowledge or behaviours required to win footy.

Houston, parker, Daniel all from footy programs that are playing September footy.

An 18 year old kid in the draft isn’t going to fill the biggest ****ing gap we have. The experience of what it takes to win games of footy.
Harry Harley Daicos Rowell before he was injured or did it as 18 year old. Not only the kids they where leading either in their 1st year as 18 year olds.

Regards the possibility of Houston coming to North you do wonder whether Horne Francis has got in his ear about his experiences at North and whether this will be something that Houston may consider in his decision. Just a thought. I doubt it would have been a glowing reference although Clarkson is coach now 🤔
I’m not sure anyone would take anything JHF has to say about north without a huge amount of salt.

Harry Harley Daicos Rowell before he was injured or did it as 18 year old. Not only the kids they were leading either in their 1st year as 18 year olds.
Yes you’re right. Harry proves me wrong. With his leadership we won 3 games and then 3 games. Harley lead his team to 5 wins (certainly wasn’t the several premiership players leading him).

Nick Daicos sure lead… Scott Pendlebury and Steele Sidebottom?

I’m not even going to humour your comment about Rowell and the suns.

Absolute delusion.

LMac 34%

Nail on the head.

People need to stop being so obsessed with high draft picks. We have enough. Especially after we take pick 2 and 22 this year.

How many premierships have GWS and GC won with all their high draft picks from 2010 to 2014???

If Houston wants to come to us, use our Future First and get it done.

We can always trade into the draft next year if we really want to using 2026 and 2027 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would you rather get c grade players or top ranked kids Do you really believe Dan is going to choose us.
A top ranked kid like Paddy Dow or Will Phillips??

The post was in reference to Dan Houston and he's an A grader, not a C grader.

And no, I think he'll go to Carlton or stay at port but we have a 33% chance of landing him.

So would you rather get c grade players or top ranked kids Do you really believe Dan is going to choose us.

The argument isn't whether Houston will choose us or not, that's out of our control. It's more about going for these types of players rather than constantly going to the kids

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

LMac 34%

There’s actually something not right about bringing kids in who don’t have a choice where they go and then essentially wasting at least half of their careers by design via a club endorsed strategy.

Parker is not far behind Boak in being burnt …
He’s running on the spot in a lot of the swans games…
Interesting to see how he goes with the next level pace in the GF. If he looks ok there , then no problem but if he’s a pace behind then wtf trade for another plodder ?
History tells us swabs don’t give up nothing.. they get every last bit of every player before they think of moving them on or they pick spuds early & make stupid teams pay overs … Dylan Stephens says hi 👋
That’s why they are the power they are … it’s not just academy bs we want to tell ourselves…
Yeah. I'm a big fan of Luke, but he was pushed out of Sydney's mids this year because he doesn't have enough running power to keep up anymore. If we bring him in, it shouldn't be to spend much time in the midfield, that is behind him. I think he could still be useful, but playing in a minor role.

A top ranked kid like Paddy Dow or Will Phillips??
Or Tsatas. Or McAsey. Or DGB. Or Nik Cox.

Weird how some people worship at the altar of unknown youth when there's far less uncertainty in trading for a proven a-grader.

LMac 34%

Why do you give a shit you go for Tassie.

There’s actually something not right about bringing kids in who don’t have a choice where they go and then essentially wasting at least half of their careers by design via a club endorsed strategy.
Exactly. Take our lord and savior LDU for example.

Extremely talented kid. Came to us and was rubbish.

LDU attributes his improvement to someone outside of the club giving him some direction. You know why it took someone outside of the club? Because no one in the club had the experience to straighten the kid out. No one was confident enough in their own ability or leadership to pull his head in.

Or Tsatas. Or McAsey. Or DGB. Or Nik Cox.

Weird how some people worship at the altar of unknown youth when there's far less uncertainty in trading for a proven a-grader.
So which A grader is realistically coming to us. Do you believe Dan will be playing with us next year If he chooses not to come to us what do we do pick c graders or pick highly rated kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back